Rift

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I got up this morning and watched tv then left for work around 4:30 worked then when it comes time to go home i cant find my keys anywhere. I backtracked my footsteps of everywhere I was but still could not find them so I asked the manager if she would help me find my keys but we both had no luck finding them and I'm really worried about because I cant get into much car and I can't get into my extended stay hotel room and i dont have the money to get a replacement room key also I don't have money for a locksmith to come out and open my car and I don't have money for a new key to be made. Can the locksiths make replacement keys by the lock and the ignition switch? :sad:

Marka said:
Generally yes - that of course, depends on what they're set-up to do... the ignition switch may require a programmed key, in addition to the cut...

-Marka

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. If your lost keys are in the car (wedged in or beside the seat)... the locksmith, will only have to get the door open...

Also, some/many, Police departments, will unlock your car for you... I don't believe they charge any money... you'll have to show proof of ownership, etc...

I'm hoping that my keys are inside thr car but I can't show onership of the car until its open because the title is inside my car in the glove box.

Marka said:
They'll figure that out... Police or locksmith, either one... (they do this lock-out service, often)

You have I.D. on you... they'll run the plates/VIN if necessary and, they'll confirm names and addresses... viola!

Your title, should never be left in your vehicle... If, someone steals your car, they can forge the title over to themselves... Titles should be kept in a safe/safe deposit box, ideally...

Ok I will try the contacting the police about getting into my car. Good thing I always have my identification with me at all times.

I have good news. My stepmother picked me up from work yesterday and let me stay the night then when I woke up I got a call from my boss telling me she found my keys. :smile1: many thanks dragon123

nice glad to hear you found them!

time to make some spares? or buy a lanyard?

MommyandMattling said:
nice glad to hear you found them!

time to make some spares? or buy a lanyard?

I will make 2 sets of spare keys on my next pay day and 3 key chains like the one that can clip onto beltloops.

This is what I always did. I had a car that required chip coded keys and I didn't want to spend the money for spare coded keys... I was able to get a non coded key that would unlock the doors... because if I locked my keys in the car I just needed to get in. I would keep that key in my desk. I started doing that after I locked my keys in my car at work.

Now I have a dodge caravan that uses a fob integrated key. I got 2 with it when I bought it but one was not right and I had to buy a replacement through amazon... I ended up buying another fob and a locksmith friend told me there is a actual real key that has a chip in it too... so I paid about $70 for a new fob and a spare ignition key. When dodge did a recall I had to get them all replaced again (good thing too because one of my fobs died on the way back from capcon which could have left us stuck in Indiana)

I keep my key and fob with me at all times, on separate caribbeaners... essentially the fob never comes off my belt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dragon123 said:
I have good news. My stepmother picked me up from work yesterday and let me stay the night then when I woke up I got a call from my boss telling me she found my keys. :smile1: many thanks dragon123

Glad to read this!

Update: I am having some financial problems so I called my dad and he said that we will talk in the morning and if I combine my to bank accounts together I can make it through this but I afraid of what my dad is going to say when I cant pay my phone bill and wondering if he will let pay double the amount next month. I'm hoping that he will be understanding of my current situation
I'm freaking out please God be with me:sad::beg::sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back