Bedwetting: Are there different types like with daytime incontinence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scaifester

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have worn 24/7 for several days numerous times. One of the best aspects is waking up with the need to go and being able to "use the toilet' without getting out of bed. Sometimes if I do this enough times, there can be urgency at night.

For those of you who have bedwetting problems, do you wet without knowing or have urgency at night and start leaking on your way to the toilet?

For those who wet without knowing and just wake up wet in the morning, do you think you flood or dribble throughout the night?

I can be sure and therefore so can you , I am not normal or typical ,I cath and change 5 X's a day my last time is 1AM when I put my heavy night diapers on ,my bladder among its issues is not draining all the way (retention) which my bladder handles by constant small leaks until at unpredictable times it's just full on assault on my diaper (flood) after 1AM I take my pills at 2AM and will either sleep until 6- 6:30 get up make breakfast and coffee then go back to sleep until around 11 , there are 2 other outcomes that are just random days of my life were I will not sleep at all , or I will sleep clear thru to 5:30-6 PM the following day,I sleep in triple boosted super heavyweight cloth prefolds and generally will be solidly into into the the the 1st booster( closest to the body being 3 and the diaper 0) at 11 AM or most definitely well into the diaper by the afternoon ,of course to make things suck a little more some of the medication I take requires me to drink two glasses of water at 2AM with pills , but i have been on a contunuing voyage by my urologist to shrink my bladder 9 years ago i could hold around 1800-1900 without feeling it so when i flood its a signifigant amount after 9 years at it i can still hold 800-900 my urologist will be happier when this is low pressure non super soaker with a capacity around 50 so that it's very small floods when it cuts loose ,so theres the long answer of my highly irregular life.i am either wet or soaked whenever "my morning" comes.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

from what I've read, some drip through the night, others flat out void emptying their entire bladder at a certain point in their sleep cycle.

Thats what I figured. I was trying to get a discussion started for people to share what their nightly bedwetting experiences are like.

scaifester said:
I have worn 24/7 for several days numerous times. One of the best aspects is waking up with the need to go and being able to "use the toilet' without getting out of bed. Sometimes if I do this enough times, there can be urgency at night.

For those of you who have bedwetting problems, do you wet without knowing or have urgency at night and start leaking on your way to the toilet?

For those who wet without knowing and just wake up wet in the morning, do you think you flood or dribble throughout the night?

When I was about your age I wondered the same. A makeshift monitor resolved the flood vs dribble and more. Without exception my sleep wetting was (is) a discrete event with duration (when I was younger) of about thirty to sixty seconds. Now in my sixties with a shrunken bladder and growing prostate my “floods” are smaller but still floods.

scaifester said:

I have OAB with urge incontinence that's pretty bad. I have to wear 24/7 but my symtoms first manifested with bedwetting. I would just wake up having soaked the bed. Sometimes I'd wake up mid stream, other times I'd wake up after having completely emptied my bladder.

My symptoms got worse and worse and I stared having day time urgency, then daytime leaks until it got to the point where the daytime leaks where severe and frequent enough to warrant wearing diapers 24/7.

I still, obviously, wet the bed every night. I usually sleep quite soundly all night and wake up in the morning with a very wet and heavy diaper. Once in a while, the diapers fails and I wake up in a wet bed.

It's hard to say if I dribble or flood in my sleep, but if I had to guess I'd say I flood. I believe my bedwetting is likely the same as my day wetting which is caused by OAB's strong involuntary bladder contractions. During the day, these contractions force a strong stream of urine out that I can't hold back. I'd guess it's the same thing happening at night.

I always wake up with the feeling I need to go asap. I then flood my diaper, and try to go back to sleep. My floods are small now though, so this usually happens 2-4 times per night.

I tend to drip and dribble and sometimes a very fine slow uncontrollable flow al the time but at night I must flood when asleep judging by how wet I usually am when I wake.

MailCat581 said:
2-4 times a night? Gee! You must be using some high end diapers for that. I use Bambino Classico or Magnifico as my night diaper and ABU Preschool cloth or Little Pawz as my day diaper.

I have to, yeah. Usually I go with confidry and a baby diaper booster. Sometimes I just use crinklz though.

Bambino, ABU, and such, will all leak on me well before my second wetting.

I had deep sleep bed wetting growing up and even into my early 20s. Apparently this is usually inherited as far as I know and the bladder involuntarily and completely empties during a period of 30 to 40 seconds, which I guess for this discussion is considered flooding. I believe that issues like alcohol consumption which suppresses production of antidiuretic hormone, medication, sleep apnea and stress can lead to secondary enuresis. So I think there are different forms of and causes for bedwetting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back