diapers and the heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

scbaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Okay I know I post a lot but I do have a lot of questions.

Now for those who live in warmer climates and are diapered 24/7 or less often, how do you deal with the heat? We hit triple digits yesterday and I was comfortable but developed a diaper rash. And am treating it. But is diaper rash and heat common together? Or are they completely unrelated?

But more importantly how do you deal with the heat and wear a diaper? <~~~ this is new territory for me.

Keep hydrated enough, try to avoid being in the sun too long.

Advice taken. I do drink plenty of water, however since (we all know heat takes a lot out of you) I'm usually in a hotter area of my work place, it can be hard to keep up. But I'll have to pack myself a water bottle.

if you have to work out side, it helps to wear breahable.

To be honest when I was a kid in Phoenix I never really wore a diaper outside. I wore them inside but when I was outside I predominantly just peed in my underwear and pants It kept me cooler And at-least with the fabric there was more airflow And the underwear and pants dried quickly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wear the prevail breezers when out in the summer. They have skin caring ingredients in them.

If it's hot outside and/or I'm working outside I don't wear. It becomes uncomfortable due to the diaper just building up heat and I sweat so much I would just fill the diaper up anyways.

I'm in the same boat. Yesterday I was so hot, it felt like a sweltering swamp down there. At least it wicks itself up for the most part but I do worry about developing a rash. I wear a onesie over my diaper every day for discretion and full pants. A big reason I do that is my legs are hideously scarred from self harm abuse over the years and they look bad. Like, really ugly. So I just don't feel comfortable in public with THAT shame exposed.

Eh, I figure it goes with the territory. It's a small price to pay for all the benefit I reap from wearing and being myself. I also figure if millions of people in the arid middle east live their lives in full robes and burkas, then I can probably adjust to this.

scbaby said:
Okay I know I post a lot but I do have a lot of questions.

Now for those who live in warmer climates and are diapered 24/7 or less often, how do you deal with the heat? We hit triple digits yesterday and I was comfortable but developed a diaper rash. And am treating it. But is diaper rash and heat common together? Or are they completely unrelated?

But more importantly how do you deal with the heat and wear a diaper? <~~~ this is new territory for me.

I'm in florida, so every summer I deal with this. The heat alone doesn't cause a rash, but your sweating down there will exacerbate things by throwing off your skins ph, which make rashes more likely.

The good news is that after a year or two of wearing 24/7, your body should adapt to the summer heat while diapered. Eventually you won't sweat down there anywhere near as much as you are now.

Until then, try and go inside as often as you can to cool down. Use your car a/c instead of having the windows down too. You will also need to change more frequently too. I know it will be a bit of a wasted diaper, but when it absorbs enough sweat the diapers effectiveness goes down for absorbing pee, while also increasing your chance for a rash. (You should consider a slightly lower capacity diaper for this time too, so it isn't as much of a waste)

Make sure you are gettng thuroughly cleaned up down there, AND thuroughly dried out too, at least twice a day. Use both creams and ointments after you're dried out, and consider using powder too.

Heat and diapers do not mix I am with everyone here and suffering thru the heat and the summer counting the days till winter weather again.

Here in Europe the temperature is breaking every heat record.
And, honestly, my interest in diapers also loses enormously.
Have in the past done, wearing diapers with this heat.
But it's anything but comfortable. I'll wait for a little bit cold.

I can't thank you all enough.

Where I live is on the coast (slightly inland) so we don't get hot hot like say Arizona or New Mexico. But we do have our warmer to hotter days. Saturday and Sunday we hit triple digits. I know 100 degrees doesn't sound all that bad to those who live in areas where the push past 115 a lot of The time.

But all advice taken.
Stay hydrated, stay cool, change more frequently, use ointments creams and powder. I honestly can't wait for fall or winter. Those are my 2 favorite seasons.

I don't know if you know it but in Holland we use zink ointment for baby bottoms.
This creates a protective layer protecting the skin form acidic liquids ( urine, sweat, poo) It's the best thing ever we always have a big jar of sudocreme around

I know many of us don't care for cloth-like diapers, but I find they do help me during warmer weather by not allowing the diaper to chafe as bad against damp skin. I am currently using ABU's Preschool cloth diapers for extended stints / working out outdoors in the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back