Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diapers and the heat

Default diapers and the heat

Okay I know I post a lot but I do have a lot of questions.

Now for those who live in warmer climates and are diapered 24/7 or less often, how do you deal with the heat? We hit triple digits yesterday and I was comfortable but developed a diaper rash. And am treating it. But is diaper rash and heat common together? Or are they completely unrelated?

But more importantly how do you deal with the heat and wear a diaper? <~~~ this is new territory for me.

Advice taken. I do drink plenty of water, however since (we all know heat takes a lot out of you) I'm usually in a hotter area of my work place, it can be hard to keep up. But I'll have to pack myself a water bottle.

To be honest when I was a kid in Phoenix I never really wore a diaper outside. I wore them inside but when I was outside I predominantly just peed in my underwear and pants It kept me cooler And at-least with the fabric there was more airflow And the underwear and pants dried quickly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wear the prevail breezers when out in the summer. They have skin caring ingredients in them.

If it's hot outside and/or I'm working outside I don't wear. It becomes uncomfortable due to the diaper just building up heat and I sweat so much I would just fill the diaper up anyways.

get some thinner pants, dont wear cotton underwear because of heath and moisture buildup

I'm in the same boat. Yesterday I was so hot, it felt like a sweltering swamp down there. At least it wicks itself up for the most part but I do worry about developing a rash. I wear a onesie over my diaper every day for discretion and full pants. A big reason I do that is my legs are hideously scarred from self harm abuse over the years and they look bad. Like, really ugly. So I just don't feel comfortable in public with THAT shame exposed.

Eh, I figure it goes with the territory. It's a small price to pay for all the benefit I reap from wearing and being myself. I also figure if millions of people in the arid middle east live their lives in full robes and burkas, then I can probably adjust to this.

Quote Originally Posted by scbaby View Post
    Okay I know I post a lot but I do have a lot of questions.

Now for those who live in warmer climates and are diapered 24/7 or less often, how do you deal with the heat? We hit triple digits yesterday and I was comfortable but developed a diaper rash. And am treating it. But is diaper rash and heat common together? Or are they completely unrelated?

But more importantly how do you deal with the heat and wear a diaper? <~~~ this is new territory for me.
    I'm in florida, so every summer I deal with this. The heat alone doesn't cause a rash, but your sweating down there will exacerbate things by throwing off your skins ph, which make rashes more likely.

The good news is that after a year or two of wearing 24/7, your body should adapt to the summer heat while diapered. Eventually you won't sweat down there anywhere near as much as you are now.

Until then, try and go inside as often as you can to cool down. Use your car a/c instead of having the windows down too. You will also need to change more frequently too. I know it will be a bit of a wasted diaper, but when it absorbs enough sweat the diapers effectiveness goes down for absorbing pee, while also increasing your chance for a rash. (You should consider a slightly lower capacity diaper for this time too, so it isn't as much of a waste)

Make sure you are gettng thuroughly cleaned up down there, AND thuroughly dried out too, at least twice a day. Use both creams and ointments after you're dried out, and consider using powder too.