Thread: the dreaded diaper rash

Default the dreaded diaper rash

So I have seemed to have developed a nice little case of Diaper rash.
    I keep myself very clean but it's been hot and I haven't had to deal with this yet. So I noticed during a change last night that I have started developing a mild rash.

I presently use A&D but what is everyone's go to rash cream? I'm open to try a different one. I have used Aveno in the past and it has worked ok, but the A&D seems to work better for me. I'm open to suggestions.

My typical change ritual (if I'm home) is clean myself well with warm water or wipes, let dry a bit, powder, and then a fresh diaper.

Out and about requires a lot less work because I normally cannot find a handicapped restroom to layout my supplies. So it's typically just off with the old one, wipes down, a little cream if needed and then the new diaper. The above also goes for work.

But the dreaded diaper rash. How does everyone deal with it?

Quote Originally Posted by flapjackboy View Post
    Sudocrem. Lots of Sudocrem.
    Cannon find this at my local pharmacy?

Quote Originally Posted by scbaby View Post
    So I have seemed to have developed a nice little case of Diaper rash.
    I keep myself very clean but it's been hot and I haven't had to deal with this yet. So I noticed during a change last night that I have started developing a mild rash.

I presently use A&D but what is everyone's go to rash cream? I'm open to try a different one. I have used Aveno in the past and it has worked ok, but the A&D seems to work better for me. I'm open to suggestions.

My typical change ritual (if I'm home) is clean myself well with warm water or wipes, let dry a bit, powder, and then a fresh diaper.

Out and about requires a lot less work because I normally cannot find a handicapped restroom to layout my supplies. So it's typically just off with the old one, wipes down, a little cream if needed and then the new diaper. The above also goes for work.

But the dreaded diaper rash. How does everyone deal with it?
    A&D is actually an ointment. I highly recommend first using a healing cream that will fully absorb into your skin so as to help heal the damage. (Any healing skin cream works, but I recommend getting a prescription for "triple diaper cream".) Then use the A&D as a barrier to prevent the rash from getting worse.

If you can, I also highly recommend you thoroughly clean the rash area, then fully dry it out (which it sounds like you are).

Do all four, at least twice a day, and no rash should be able to last more than a few days. If it does, or at least doesn't get a lot better, then you may actually have a bacterial/yeast infection. Over the counter lotramin or dr.schols works for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and for out and about during the day. Just reapply the ointment, or at least rub it in a little more if you can't apply more. This will re-coat any areas that have gotten wet again.