Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blood Type?

Falkio

Default Blood Type?

This seems like an interesting topic, so I decided to create a thread. My community college recently held a blood drive to benefit a local bank and I decided to donate. Not really as bad as its made out to be. Only a tiny pinch and your free to go! My blood type is definitely O, and quite possibly O negative. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as only 7% have it. That would be kind of cool.

So what types do we have here on ADISC? If your not sure, just guess.

Mesmerale

I have absolutely no idea...

AB positive? (I'm funny! ^_^ )

EmeraldsAndLime

Pretty sure my blood is a black bile that pulses through my veins and gives me an aura of evil! *laughs maniacally*

In other words, I've no idea. Well, it's red, so I guess I'm off to a good start. I've had a few blood tests in the past, but they were when I was much younger and before I even knew there were blood types, otherwise I'd definitely find out.

I'm honestly not sure what blood type I am. I'll have to ask my mom. lol

Hye, I'm O- and I when I started givng blookd, they gave me a badge and a leaflet telling me all aboutmy blood. It said on that it's the most common one!

My blood type is O+. I'm not totally sure if I donated blood or not. I had a surgery that had a possibility I might need a blood transfusion. So a little while before the surgery they had me basically donate blood to myself. I ended up not needing the blood, so I'm not sure what happened to that blood. I've never actually went and donated blood though.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoToad View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm O-

Quote Originally Posted by Falkio View Post
    My blood type is definitely O, and quite possibly O negative. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as only 7% have it.

Quote Originally Posted by talula View Post
    Hye, I'm O- and I when I started givng blookd, they gave me a badge and a leaflet telling me all aboutmy blood. It said on that it's the most common one!
    I'll have to keep you guys close. I'm AB negative, and I need to set up a blood bank for myself (which I keep forgetting to do, plus I don't like needles).

Falkio

Quote Originally Posted by talula View Post
    Talula,

That type in general is common, but O negative specifically, is rare. Here is what I remember:

- 40% are O +
    - 7% are O -

A has an antigen for B, and vice-versa. O has no antigens and is therefor considered the universal doner. (I think) Cool that your a negative! Your blood is valuable. If I can confirm that mine is negative, I would donate much more often.