Status
Not open for further replies.
S/M Adjustable Underwear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The briefs, are made in Mexico and imported to Wissconsin

LeafiniteLittle said:
S/M Adjustable Underwear

Ok there you go. That line is still done in Wisconsin for how long is anyones question.

The 6 tape green backed depend fitted briefs were the first nappies I ever bought so at the time thought they were great some 20+ years ago however they clumped badly the plastic was rubbish and six tapes weird
They are rubbish compared to some of the Abdl stuff around now as for modern depends I actually think they are better but my biggest issue is they make me itch something terrible in a matter of minutes they are unusable to me.

I tried those adjustable things when the Walmart in my college town ran out of the max diapers. They were AWFUL, they leaked profusely, and I wasn't able to put it on laying down. I tried wearing them for a day, and threw them out.

I am about 2/3 through a pack of the cloth backed tape ons.

My go-to online stores in Canada were sold out of my normal light protection diaper (attends L10 slip) and I was really curious about the cloth backed Depends -- having only tried the green plastic ones and the white plastic ones before.

If you can wet them slowly they seem to hold up pretty good . . . But I can totally recognize that isn't too helpful for a truly IC person. They're also nice and discreet . . . I can wear them under almost anything and the family/public has no clue. Still, I would rather have my L10s back.

Biggles said:
The 6 tape green backed depend fitted briefs were the first nappies I ever bought so at the time thought they were great some 20+ years ago however they clumped badly the plastic was rubbish and six tapes weird
They are rubbish compared to some of the Abdl stuff around now as for modern depends I actually think they are better but my biggest issue is they make me itch something terrible in a matter of minutes they are unusable to me.

Ironically the plastic they use now is really nice, really quiet, holds odor fairly well, it doesn't clump so much, it just doesn't have high enough absorbency or sponge area.

Alas... It is time to move on past Depends.

There are getting to be more and more really great ABDL diapers out there, that while not available in retail stores, are sent discreetly and often have sales making them not to much more expensive than the Depends products.

I believe P&G made huge mistakes in trying to maximize profits that ultimately will prove detrimental to their profits and existence as a company --not just for ABDLs, but anyone needing an effective diaper, incontinent or otherwise. Unless the company gets with the program, they will become another company like KODAK. One which used to have their own company name associated with a product so popular that the type of product itself was synonymous with their company name... only to lose the edge and market shares. KODAK didn't keep pace and thought that digital photography was a phase, but in so doing, lost their place in the market and lost their place and name significance. The old common phase "a KODAK moment" is becoming a thing of the past and future generations will not have any idea even of what that means.

I believe this is inevitable fate of Depends. Whether is from changes in company leadership, ego, or what-not, they are in a death spiral and likely will not matter much in the future, as online diapers, for both incontinence and ABDL interests are moving on. Depends has failed to listen to their customers, and egotistically have thought that marketing alone could make up for an inferior product. I wrote to them myself when they gave up the plastic backed and was less than impressed with their reply. It was not apologetic, but rather expressed that their new product should meet my needs better and that they produced it by listening to the needs of their customers. My thoughts were, "Really? I wasn't born yesterday! (maybe just a year or two ago, but not yesterday)

Producing a product by cutting cost and effectiveness than trying to market that it is better and more desirable? If only they had invested their marketing money into just making an equally great product like they used to or in fact making it better than less effective, they would have proved more successful.

I expect that soon even the general merchant stores will find replacements for this brand as they just aren't cutting it when it comes to providing an effective diaper anymore.

So long Depends. It was good while it was good. But your products and those days are long gone...

:detective3

I don't hate them. I just think they suck.

Depends are thin non absorbent junk ever since they started to improve them years ago, the only improvement was the profit per diaper they made until people realized there are better products out there for dealing with incontinence

now with the internet and support forms and even google search's people can find better products easier then in the past. Kimberly clark either has to up its game quality wise (they have the resources) or they will fade into the sunset on the adult diaper business.

TeddyBearCowboy said:
Alas... It is time to move on past Depends.

There are getting to be more and more really great ABDL diapers out there, that while not available in retail stores, are sent discreetly and often have sales making them not to much more expensive than the Depends products.

I believe P&G made huge mistakes in trying to maximize profits that ultimately will prove detrimental to their profits and existence as a company --not just for ABDLs, but anyone needing an effective diaper, incontinent or otherwise. Unless the company gets with the program, they will become another company like KODAK. One which used to have their own company name associated with a product so popular that the type of product itself was synonymous with their company name... only to lose the edge and market shares. KODAK didn't keep pace and thought that digital photography was a phase, but in so doing, lost their place in the market and lost their place and name significance. The old common phase "a KODAK moment" is becoming a thing of the past and future generations will not have any idea even of what that means.

I believe this is inevitable fate of Depends. Whether is from changes in company leadership, ego, or what-not, they are in a death spiral and likely will not matter much in the future, as online diapers, for both incontinence and ABDL interests are moving on. Depends has failed to listen to their customers, and egotistically have thought that marketing alone could make up for an inferior product. I wrote to them myself when they gave up the plastic backed and was less than impressed with their reply. It was not apologetic, but rather expressed that their new product should meet my needs better and that they produced it by listening to the needs of their customers. My thoughts were, "Really? I wasn't born yesterday! (maybe just a year or two ago, but not yesterday)

Producing a product by cutting cost and effectiveness than trying to market that it is better and more desirable? If only they had invested their marketing money into just making an equally great product like they used to or in fact making it better than less effective, they would have proved more successful.

I expect that soon even the general merchant stores will find replacements for this brand as they just aren't cutting it when it comes to providing an effective diaper anymore.

So long Depends. It was good while it was good. But your products and those days are long gone...

:detective3

Kimberly-Clark makes Depends, not Proctor and Gamble.

For me, performance-wise they don't hold up. I've tried them several times before, primarily early on in my ABDL exploits, before my body has grown to the point where it has today. Even then, they could hardly hold my usual wettings. Now, I sneeze, and I'll leak straight through one. They're just not made for what most, if not all, ABDLs, need out of a diaper performance-wise.

Thanks for that clarification

I guess it "depends" who you ask, terrible jokes aside, I've found that they are honestly terrible quality, and don't hold much.

My first package of depends, half of them leaked all over my pants. :/

A lot of times I can only wear for an hour or 2 at a time. Depends are great for those times. I don't have to waste one of my more expensive diapers that was built for many more hours of wear.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
Kimberly-Clark makes Depends, not Proctor and Gamble.

Right .. i realized my error just after i posted :thumbsup:

o well, thanks for correcting

- - - Updated - - -

Note said:
I think a bigger question is why do people like Depends...

Well i can tell you why i USED to like them, some of the reasons still hold..

They have one of the better plastic shells out there.

Their tapes stick.. to a fault. Once taped they are for all intents and purposes permanent. The new plastic backed version has different tapes, still good, but not as final.

They used to be widely available, i could walk into Walmart at 2am and pick up a pack.

They fit my body type well. i have found three tapes per side, or one big tape per side works best for me.

They are cheap; so even though their absorbency is poor, you can double them up or throw a baby diaper soaker in them and they perform fairly well.

They wick well with a good mix of SAP to fluff, so if you do double them up or use a soaker you actually use the whole diaper and they absorb all the way up the back.

Being that they are thin i can adjust what i am wearing to the circumstances i am in; if i have to go to work in an hour and absolutely NEED to change now, i can just put one on; for over nights i usually just double them up; if i have the day off i can double them up with one or more soakers.

i will point out though that since Depend tried to go 'clothlike' it forced me to go look for a substitute and while i will still keep a pack of Depends in my nursery, i have changed my 'daily driver' diapers.

I've try'd depends when I was first getting adult diapers and recently try'd them again to see if they've improved. Sadly no, and they want almost as much as the premium diapers. They also don't hold a lot it took three diapers to hold on of my wettings. On another note for guys I REALLY ADVISE YOU NOT TO WEAR THESE DIAPERS because (personal experience) they hurt your jewels, these are the only diaper/underwear that I've try'd that do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back