Feeling/sensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

miapeters

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I've had poor sensation or feeling of I had an accident or not. With my bladder incontinence it was total and I go without knowing. My bowels I don't feel either but I feel it filling the diaper.......so the thing is sometimes I don't feel the bowel accident at all, I could go about not knowing I just had it which is kind of an awful thing to realize. But it's not happening frequently, most times I still feel a little something. Yesterday I sat down for lunch after I changed once already and after lunch straight after lunch when I got up I knew I had had an accident some time during lunch so that's that....

Does this happen over years of having bowel incontinence or maybe this is a skin sensation problem.....I hate going to the doctors so often ...... I'm going but it's disheartening when you have to go one appointment after another.

Like with anything, with time you be become more used to it. You may subconsciously realize it, but not consciously. Unfortunalte there really isn't anything a doctor can do for if this is the case.

Slomo said:
Like with anything, with time you be become more used to it. You may subconsciously realize it, but not consciously. Unfortunalte there really isn't anything a doctor can do for if this is the case.
Yeah, it's just an upsetting realization, plus when there are problems after problems it gets you down fast......

miapeters said:
Yeah, it's just an upsetting realisation, plus when there are problems after problems it gets you down fast......

I can understand that. While I'm not bowel incontinent, it does still happen to me at times. Needing to change, right after you just changed, is really just... annoying. Not being able to realise it just happened isn't something I'd go to see a doctor about though. Maybe mention it to him/her at your next visit though, but don't expect much to come from it.

Bowel incon isn't fun. I happen to have good sensation but I'm not sure it's a benifit or not. I suppose it's an advantage to know when you've soiled your diaper. I have no doubts when I've had a bowel accident. The severe urgency sets off an alarm in my head and I know I have a few minutes at most. My bladder control isn't too bad but the slight urgency I feel in my bladder dosn't give adequate time to get to a bathroom and remove my diapers. It really is quite frustrating. My bowels are a diferent story. The urge starts, intensifies and the next thing I know I'm having a big release. I feel all of it and the urges can be uncomfortable. It is good to know when I've had a BM even though I don't usually change right away. It's just nice to know I'm going to have to change. I wait until it's convenient. With Nullo and platic pants it isn't noticable which buys me the extra time. After 20 plus years I am used to it. Dosn't make it any more pleasant. I've been out running errands and had a large release and just continue with what I was doing. I absolutely detest a public change and will quite often just wait until I return home for a proper change and shower.

jack3295 said:
Bowel incon isn't fun. I happen to have good sensation but I'm not sure it's a benifit or not. I suppose it's an advantage to know when you've soiled your diaper. I have no doubts when I've had a bowel accident. The severe urgency sets off an alarm in my head and I know I have a few minutes at most. My bladder control isn't too bad but the slight urgency I feel in my bladder dosn't give adequate time to get to a bathroom and remove my diapers. It really is quite frustrating. My bowels are a diferent story. The urge starts, intensifies and the next thing I know I'm having a big release. I feel all of it and the urges can be uncomfortable. It is good to know when I've had a BM even though I don't usually change right away. It's just nice to know I'm going to have to change. I wait until it's convenient. With Nullo and platic pants it isn't noticable which buys me the extra time. After 20 plus years I am used to it. Dosn't make it any more pleasant. I've been out running errands and had a large release and just continue with what I was doing. I absolutely detest a public change and will quite often just wait until I return home for a proper change and shower.

The only time I experienced true bowel IC was a few years ago when I had an overactive thyroid problem. I had to go on drugs for it and did some kind of nuclear radiation thing too but now I have to take thyroid replacement drugs. At least it fixed the bowel IC problem because I agree with you about how inconvenient and uncomfortable and embarrasing this is especially during the daytime. I now have a lot of problems with daytime bladder IC but thats not nearly as difficult to deal with emotionally or for practical purposes as the bowel IC was.

I am incontinent due to severe OAB, and my wetting is usually accompanied by an overwhelming urge. I will occasionally sleep through a wetting at night if my bladder is nearly empty when it contracts. However, I usually do wake up.

schooner said:
I am incontinent due to severe OAB, and my wetting is usually accompanied by an overwhelming urge. I will occasionally sleep through a wetting at night if my bladder is nearly empty when it contracts. However, I usually do wake up.
I wet the bed every night without fail. My wetting rarely wakes me I just wake in the morning in a soaking wet nappy and usually a wet sheet from my nappy leaking. This is just normal for me and doesn't bother me at all.

I remember that in the early years of my incontinence when I was managing without diapers the first intimation I sometimes had of pee accident was feeling my lower leg was wet. This was difficult to cope with but didn't happen too often. Once I accepted the need for diapers I often knew when I needed to go/was going/or might have done. Years later I think the times I am aware are very few compared to to the times when "it just happens" and I don't notice it. I will notice a big poop accident - but lesser events often go un-noticed by me - and I hope by others.

Years ago a dog peed on my leg (as they do) and I thought I had had an accident - never been grateful to a hound for doing that before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back