My first experience wearing adult diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, this is my personal follow-up to my previous thread, where I was asked to share my experience after trying diapers for the first time (not counting my early childhood, of course). My diaper package arrived at Thursday and the following day I could go home earlier, so I wanted to use my time to try them. Like I've said before, I ordered a package of 22 Tena Slip Maxi (size M) and some body care products like creme. Putting on one of the diapers wasn't as difficult as I expected (though I have to thank the author of this tutorial over here :p) - the size was chosen well and it felt snugly.
The real difficulty was a "problem" a lot of other people on here already lamented about: not really being able to "let it go" when the time comes. (Referring to number 1 so far - haven't done anything else. :D Don't know whether I'll try number 2 later on and if so, when it will be.)

I just tried to counter this by drinking more (usually just water, this also has the upside of working really fast XD), making me feel a bit like I've filled my body up to the brim. Around an hour later (I guess) it started to work - I began to pee, which felt really awkward at first, what with the diaper getting all warm from front to back, which made me stop every few seconds because it was kinda like a subconscious feeling of "This isn't the way to do it" all the time. Hard to describe, but I suppose most people on here know what I mean. I just continued after every stop - while checking whether it's leaking - and in the end, it really didn't feel bad at all. The main issue (for me), as far as I can tell now, is just the subconscious feeling of "This is the wrong way to do it" mentioned before, because we were trained not to do it like that when we were little, as well as "trusting" the diaper to hold it all in. It's probably all just about getting used to it and in the end, it was a bit easier for me when I was wetting it a second time before changing it.

To sum it up, even though I'm not good at recapping things like this and didn't go into great detail here:
I can really see the usefulness of disposable diapers, being able to just let it go while doing something else, like playing, and when it's full, dispose of it, clean yourself up and change into a new diaper. This may sound like pointing out the obvious - maybe it is - but it's easier said than done and I'm just at the beginning of this addendum to a hobby of mine. I will indeed do this more often in the future and try some other brands like the specially made AB/DL diapers already mentioned by several users in the previous thread I linked to at the beginning of the post - as soon as my current package is used up.

Hope this will help some other people who want to try them for the first time.

Sounds like a good first experience to me. Hope the enjoyment stays with you and you enjoy many more diapers to come.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

While it may work for some, I know drinking more didn't help me any. My shy bladder just got more determined to keep the valve closed the fuller my bladder got. I thought for sure by the time I was desperate it would be easier to let go, but I just ended up pulling down and using the toilet for relief. I thought about it and realized I wear diapers for the enjoyment, and I'm not enjoying laying in bed awake for an hour or two with a screaming bladder, not being able to do anything about it, and finally getting up, so I quit doing that. From what I've seen here, that's what the majority of us experience when trying to "force the wetting".

As I said I had a very shy bladder so I might have had more difficulty on the average. But what I did was to just try to wet a little anytime I woke up. Didn't need to be anything big, if I could even get a dribble or a spurt out before my bladder clenched down then that was okay and I'd go back to sleep. It took several weeks before I could reliably wet a little when I woke up, but it took several more weeks before I experienced my first full void in my diaper while laying on my back. (and that was with considerable difficulty and probably 15 minutes of concentration!) It gets easier over time. Now I can wake, fully wet, and go back to sleep. There's still sometimes a little difficulty, but nothing that a moment of concentration can't overcome.

So from barely being able to manage a dribble or two overnight I now have to wear anywhere from a Bambino to a Safari because of how much I use my diaper overnight. 3-7 wettings is pretty typical for me, and I can usually tell what "grade" of protection I'm going to need for bedtime by considering what I've had to drink that evening. I honestly never thought I'd be considering Bambino my "thinnest diaper option", but I require a diaper at least that thick for overnight now. :)

Just work on it and be patient, you'll get there soon enough.

Sepia. Similar to my first diaper experience. I bought store brand diapers at a drug store. I had trouble peeing in them at first. I can pretty much let go anytime now, even laying down which was the hardest for me. I enjoy wearing and using diapers and have no regrets. Enjoy your diapers.

Sounds to me like love at first encounter. Anyway, glad you adjusted and are comfortable with your new experience. I can feel the way your felt and Yes you described it well. Thanks for sharing your first and second time.

I have to admit it does not feel bad at all to be in a wet nappy, but number two try first at home and yes you have to learn more to clean it up, as you would know. However, if one day you are in a car alone and you have an urge where normally you squirm in the car seat until you make it to the toilet at home or in a restaurant, you can go with ease and feel comfortable changing later as that was one unexpected mess unlike you doing if for fun or for the sake of using your brand.

Letting go becomes easier when you don't care about leaks. Even if it leaks it will leak a little only first.

I think everyone has had bladder blocks when they first tried. I had to usually wait until I needed to go before I could even let it but even then it'd just stop midstream. Same with this recent road trip to washington, I could just not let go with someone next to me, had to wait until I got to a motel or had to push to force my pee out since I had bad lucks with leaks in the back near the leak guard.

The mind is a complex thing. So far I have filled my bladder to the point of discomfort where my body has the pressure to release, but when I relax nothing flows.

I also tried peeing sitting down in a chair, relaxed, and opened the gate and nothing, but moved to the nearby toilet seat and did the very same and it flowed. Both chairs had me sitting in the same position, but only one my muscle worked.

Makes me feel like I have no control over my bladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back