What kind of incontinence do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tw89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So I've looked to see if this question has been asked, but it hasn't. I myself have urge incontinence that is on the severe side.I just get random really strong urges I can't control.I also have bowel incontinence that's not as severe.

Same as you. To the best of my doctors knowledge, mine is due to severe OAB and IBS. I've struggled with this all my life, but it has become extremely difficult to live with since my early 20's (I'll be 50 in a few months). Honestly, it it weren't for wearing diapers, I don't know what I'd do. I'm a very active and very busy person.

I deal with overactive bladder and irritable bowel syndrome.

Neurogenic bladder and bowel, OAB , extremely large bladder, and BPH as the cherry on that sundae .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Into my fifth year with OAB and urge incontinence. Ranges from some milder days where I only end up using 2 premium diapers (well, more likely 3) to days where I am practically peeing constantly.

Urge and overactive bladder, mild, Ibs

I used to have extremely sever urge incontinence, made that way by my sphincters not opening up when they were supposed to. Seven shincterotomy surgeries later, and now I also have to deal with a messed up urethra. Currently it is 100% blocked, and I have to pee through a temp suprapubic cath.

IBS-D, I don't have a diagnosis for bladder but my control has slipped from my extended diaper usage

Completely bladder and bowel incontinent since birth

@hotdog55 @heronimusM @rennecfox @angelic and @spaz all of you mention having ibs.so i was wondering if the ivs caused your incontinence or if the ibs has any correlation to your incontinence.

I also have urge incontinence/OAB and IBS. Though my IBS isn't as severe as it used to be and usually I make it to the toilet for BMs

Hi, i have a bit of stress incontinence and urge incontinence. Combining the urge IC with being blind but with some usable vision isnt a great combination. I now lack the ability to find and navigate safely to a bathroom while out in public. So for me its an issue of convenience and safety. I often times dont realize i have to pee bad enough untill i have only a few minutes to try to hold it or just use the diaper. Now that i have moved and live in a city where the sidewalks are pretty bad while traveling with a cane, and where Free public restrooms are rare, diapers are the only option that give me the confidence and less stress while learning to navigate my new city. I also have bedwetting issues but thats like twice a month. Urinary IC is in my medical notes and my doctor understands why. Id rather have a wet diaper than a broken bon from falling or something worse. Buses are great but when you are on one for an hour , that was suppposed to be a 20 min ride home than diapers can really be helpfull. I find life to be much easier and less stressful wearing diapers 24/7, and yes i mean that particular brand and all the time hehe :)

I'm not sure at the moment as I'm still seeing the doctor about it. But I'll try to explain it.

Three years ago I began having urge incontinence. I would be using the toilet four times an hour. It then gradually got worse. Two years ago I began wearing normal Tena pads as my accidents weren't severe and only a small amount of urine would come out. Then a year ago it started to get really bad. I began having to wear Tena pull-ups and now I'm using full blown diapers.

I have a one second warning until it comes out. Sometimes no warning at all. I don't notice I've wet myself until it's happened.

I'm very grateful it is just bladder incontincence although I have had the odd bowel accident.

I personally believe this was caused by an abusive ex. She would constantly push me down to the floor or against furniture and hurt me quite badly around the stomach and back area. I believe that I may have some nerve damage. But I'm not a doctor. Hopefully I will get answers soon.

tw89 said:
@hotdog55 @heronimusM @rennecfox @angelic and @spaz all of you mention having ibs.so i was wondering if the ivs caused your incontinence or if the ibs has any correlation to your incontinence.

The overactive bladder has occasionally caused me to wet myself do to overwhelming urge to get comfortable or straight up loss of control. The ibs similarly has caused that with the bowels leading to some moments of surprise bowel voids.

I've been fully bladder and bowel incontinent​ for some time. Have been managing it okay..... There are good days and bad, but I've managed to power through it

I have OAB as well as a constant dribble, but thankfully no bowel IC (and I hope it stays that way!).

Total bladder incontinent but bowels OK

Mild stress incontinence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back