What kind of incontinence do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking about this. I guess my urge/functional incontinence has changed. I'm technically not incontinent any more, as I've lost the ability to even pee at all.

Lol, here's to wishing I was again.

I feel you, Slomo.. I have problems voiding, and that is why I sometimes wear diapers when I need to be away from home. I never know for sure when I'm going to be able to void my bladder. Visiting bathroom in public setting 15 times before I actually void is really time-consuming, bothersome and inconvenient for not only me but for the people waiting for my stall to open.

Doctors have said it's not a problem if I can still void "at some point anyway" but man.. This far it has not gone worse at least, just stayed the same for about 17 years now.

Bowel incontinence mostly due to my ibs. I've been formally diagnosed with ibs for the last 7 years and within the last year it's gotten much worse. When the urge strikes I have seconds to reach a bathroom hence is why I wear diapers now at 23

I've got urge incontinence, as a result of tethered cord syndrome. Basically, my bladder fills up to around 500ml, says "hey buster, you got 30 seconds to find somewhere to let this out!" and starts to spasm until it's all forced out. Luckily, my urologist says retention (the real dangerous part of UI) is very minor, only about 50ml after spasms, and I can get all that out too if I apply a bit of pressure. I pray it stays that way, and I can stay as far away from catheters as possible for a long time!

More recently, my bowels have become problematic for the same reason, but in the opposite way: where they used to move once a day, at 8AM on the dot, they're now super slow and unpredictable. The neurosurgeon says it should subside once my cord is detethered again, since it's only been an issue for a few months so far. For now, I just dope up on laxatives before bed if I go more than 48 hours between BMs, and hope that they start working after I wake up, rather than before.

Remember, any major variation in your bladder/bowel patterns is always a cause for concern! Even those of us who have made peace with our conditions need to be overly cautious - sepsis and burst organs, I imagine, are not a fun way to go :no:

Due to several S3 Tarlov cysts I have severe OAB....frequency, urgency and incontinence. I have been in and out of various incontinence products for most of my life and in diapers nearly full time for the past eleven years.

I experience severe bowel urgency after a long ago surgery. In the beginning I had very loose stool and I was miserable.My doctor recommended using a bulk producing fiber supplement to firm thing up. It works very well but there has been there has been an increase in frquency and volume. Still I'd rater have that the loos stool which was absolutely horrible.My bladder control is OK but it just seems pointlesstrying to get my diapers off in time. Laziness? Don'tthink so. It's just easier and practical.

I totally understand.i have urge problems too and have turned to diapers since theres no need to add stress to trouble trying to make it to the bathroom everytime.

I have OAB with urge incontinence. Most of the time I get to the restroom with no issues. Of course I also tend to go once an hour and before any kind of meeting at work. I have had a few times where I have thought I need to void and there was nothing. Other times I get the feeling and have little time to react.

I have birth defects that cause me to have incontinence of both urinary and bowels. And I have spinal issues that cause me to have mobility problems on top of that.

Urinary mixed incon only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tw89 said:
@hotdog55 @heronimusM @rennecfox @angelic and @spaz all of you mention having ibs.so i was wondering if the ibs caused your incontinence or if the ibs has any correlation to your incontinence.

IBS does cause incontinence. Bowel incontinence. What you're probably wondering is if IBS is somehow causal to urinary incontinence. I don't think so and to my recollection, I've had both all my life in varying degrees of severity. My OAB and IBS could be related because they are both dysfunctions of the smooth muscle that surrounds the bladder and colon, respectively. Also, I do notice that during an IBS episode my urinary incontinence is at it's worse in terms of immediate and automatic voiding. My urinary incontinence varies between having a few seconds before peeing to having no seconds.

I have Mixed incontinence (Stress + urge) and Functional incontinence due to Cerebral Palsy

I have had SUIC twice recently which is weird. Add to that 40+ years of colitis (mostly in remission now), with only occasional shatulence.

I too have both bladder, as well as the bowel variety. The urine side just causes me to rush the bathroom when bladder is full. On the other end, I'd be jammed up for nearly a week minus Linzess, but that causes me to have some runnyness in my stool, even with 4 fiber capsules and a probiotic taken daily...

overactive bladder

I don't have incontinence so much as I do leak a little bit but pretty much I wet several times a week at night

The wet kind... Only joking but I have little or no bladder control most of the time and wear nappies al the time.

I have Stress Incontinence from a really bad bladder and kidney infection but has progressed to full blown urinary Incontinence where I don't even have the urge to urinate and can't even feel myself urinating. I used to just have to wear pull-ups (i.e. Girls Goodnights because of work) but now I have to wear diapers at home and at night, and because of work and what I have to wear I have to wear Girls Goodnights so they fit under my jeans but I have to end up changing multiple times a day at work and have leaked. Which is very embarrassing :(

I have a neurogenic bladder with reflex/overflow incontinence, which is not very common. Basically my bladder will fill and fill until the pressure gets too high then it just spontaneously releases just enough to lessen the pressure. My urologist's best guess is that it was caused by a spinal injury I had many years ago.

I can't pee voluntarily and I don't ever feel an "urge" so I use intermittent catheters several times a day but I also need protection because my bladder sometimes won't wait until catheter-time.

babygirlsarah said:
I have Stress Incontinence from a really bad bladder and kidney infection but has progressed to full blown urinary Incontinence where I don't even have the urge to urinate and can't even feel myself urinating. I used to just have to wear pull-ups (i.e. Girls Goodnights because of work) but now I have to wear diapers at home and at night, and because of work and what I have to wear I have to wear Girls Goodnights so they fit under my jeans but I have to end up changing multiple times a day at work and have leaked. Which is very embarrassing :(

You might want to try a higher end diaper. I am considered very lean on the weight charts and I wear either a Tena stretch super with a quadro pad or Bianco ultrastretch (again with a quadro pad) under tight jeans. Looking in a full length mirror, I cannot tell that I am wearing. You will change fewer times and a bulge is a lot less noticeable than a leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back