Status
Not open for further replies.

flash890

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
I'm planing on using stuffers for the first time. I'm not sure if I should use baby diapers, Pull-ups, or Goodnites.

Is there any benefit to using one over the other (easy of use, comfort, cost, etc.) ?

Recommendations on which one I should use any why would be helpful.

I use size 5 or 6 baby diapers as stuffers and they work pretty well

I recommend actual "boosters" as stuffers. You'll be glad you did, trust me.

-Gus

Well if you live near a 'Dollar Store' you can pick up a 4 pack of size 6 baby diapers for a buck.. they make perfect stuffers/soakers. i have used real boasters and granted they are superior, usually have some adhesive to keep them in place, but if money is tight.. might try a sample pack from the 'Dollar Store'.

I use prefolded cloth baby diapers as a stuffer at night. (when I wear cloth diapers) They aren't too bulky and they have several layers so they are very absorbent.

I've used them all from small maxi pads to double diapering, and everything in between. You will not find anything as absorbent as a baby diaper, at that low price. I also recommend you stick with size 1 or 2.

The reasonbeing that baby diapers have been engineered, and reengineered, by massive companies with big r and d departments. Nobody else can make that same claim. They are going to be the most absorbent for their size, and will absorb the fastest too. They also have an economy of scale too, which means you won't find anything cheaper for that same level of performance.

The reason I say stick with small sizes is this will allow for a gap or channel in between the baby diaper and the leg gatherers of your adult diaper. This will help redirect overflow pee from the baby diaper back towards the center of your adult diaper. Go a size or two larger, and you won't have that channel. Even bigger and you will be compromising the leg gatherers all together.

I will say that both are pretty good I don't really have any complaints except for the occasional leakage if it happens while wearing but then again leakage can be expected anytime with both diapers and pull-ups. whether you use stuffers are not.

I will say that even though I have experienced problems with stuffers and diapers by themselves baby diapers probably work better than pull-ups but that is just my opinion.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

wetatnight said:
I use size 5 or 6 baby diapers as stuffers and they work pretty well
Slomo said:
I also recommend you stick with size 1 or 2.
BluefireJay05 said:
I have experienced problems with stuffers and diapers by themselves baby diapers probably work better than pull-ups
Do you guys have any specific brand you would recommend? And how do you recommend I use it in a diaper, do I cut off the wings, put it on top the diaper as is and put it on, or some other way?

Angusmac said:
I recommend actual "boosters" as stuffers. You'll be glad you did, trust me.
Do you have a specific booster that you would recommend I use?

I have cut off the sides of a baby diaper to form a rectangular form. Then slice slits in the backing. I also pull off the cloth backing if so inclined. It leaves a plastic packed shell, but you have to be careful or you can rip it and have a mess.
I have also taken that baby diaper stuffer after the above modifications and placed it in the back of an adult diaper by slitting back of the adult one open just enough to slip the baby stuffer in. This can be tedious so I don't bother anymore. I am sure there are instruction in this forum if you look hard enough.

Do you slice the backing with a box-cutter, razor blade, or does any knife work

flash890 said:
Do you slice the backing with a box-cutter, razor blade, or does any knife work

Any knife or scissors work really.
I use an x-acto knife

If I use stuffers I tend to stick with pampers baby dry, they swell the best and also smell awesome.
I cut small slits through the front cover of the diaper so it can drain into the larger on.
*on a side note if your using a diaper with cloth backed sidewings or a bambino stretch you can position the pampers stuffer and using the pampers tapes bring them to the front wings of the adult diaper, this keeps the back of the pampers spread out and it doesn't bunch up, also helps keep everything in place and allows it to drain into the larger diaper better

flash890 said:
Thanks for all the replies guys!

Do you guys have any specific brand you would recommend? And how do you recommend I use it in a diaper, do I cut off the wings, put it on top the diaper as is and put it on, or some other way?

Do you have a specific booster that you would recommend I use?

I stick with the big brands. The store and off brands tend to not work very well. I also just tear off the tabs, no need to cut them off they tear off incredibly easy.

For day use as a booster, just place it inside of your adult diaper, roughly forward of center, pretty much like any other booster. For night use, I cup the baby diaper over the top of my penis (always pointing up), then diaper up as usual.

Overnight pads with some slits in them or some actual pads made as boosters are the way to go as there is less prepping for the diaper involved. Poise has some good options, Tena Overnights also work. If you are looking boosters, get some from abu or tranquility or northshore care.

I've always wanted to try something like a baby diaper inside a Goodnite inside a Tranquility ATN inside a Rearz.

RJDodger said:
I've always wanted to try something like a baby diaper inside a Goodnite inside a Tranquility ATN inside a Rearz.

At that point getting maximum absorbency out of any of the above isn't likely and you'll end up wasting absorbent material

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back