Thread: Gay kids at six flags

Default Gay kids at six flags

Figured I'd share this, but even as much of a hard ass and asshole I can be, as well as my vocal objections to the LGBT community political stance and it's insistence that it represents All LGBT as of late. (it don't even come close). But I still have to sit back and give credit where credit is due.

I had some down time yesterday in Chicago, so I decided to swing through Six flags chi-town. Being summer break there were kids everywhere. But I couldn't help but notice a small difference from 10 years ago when I was 16 and my last time at a six flags.

Normally you see a lot of middle school- high school boys with their girlfriends on small dates but this time it was about 50/50 between open gay couples and straight couples. To see them able to partake in the one thing myself as a teen was never able kinda brought some feels up. Made me happy in a way.

That is all. You may continue scrolling now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Had Six Flags opened or advertised the park to LGBTQ people because it was Gay Pride Day yesterday? I think it was yesterday? Anyway, I do think things are more open than they were ten years ago. Imagine how that would have gone over back when I was a teenager in the mid to late '60s! We would have been rounded up by the police, beaten and then put in jail. Progress has been made. The big steps are being not just accepted by everyone else, but rather, being gay having no more meaning than being heterosexual. Maybe one day people won't notice race other than to just notice a slight color difference, but it having no meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    Normally you see a lot of middle school- high school boys with their girlfriends on small dates but this time it was about 50/50 between open gay couples and straight couples. To see them able to partake in the one thing myself as a teen was never able kinda brought some feels up. Made me happy in a way.
    That's pretty weird regardless of what you think about gayness. Amusement parks must be some kind of gay cultural thing now. Wouldn't know... I think I took Maxxette there (six flags) once, but that had to be 30 years ago. It might even have been before I was married on a date with somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    That's pretty weird regardless of what you think about gayness. Amusement parks must be some kind of gay cultural thing now. Wouldn't know... I think I took Maxxette there (six flags) once, but that had to be 30 years ago. It might even have been before I was married on a date with somebody.
    Bear in mind maxx it was also summer break during, pride month, in Chicago. It was bound to have a higher turnout due to conditions. But regardless it was a big difference from 10 years ago last time I was there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think it's great that kids so young are coming out of their shells. Those boys probably won't have to go through sexuality confusion.