diaper Rash and out and about clensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

scbaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So I've almost been 24/7 and have started to develop a bit of a rash.

What does everyone use?
I happen to have decitine cream on hand, but what others are there?

Also what on the go cleansing care does everyone use? I am at work 5 days a week and I need to put together a kit for the out and about stuff.

What's in your go bag?

I personally swear by Aquaphor. I use it with every diaper change, both to prevent and heal diaper rash. My wife will apply it to the spots where I have the most trouble, and I hardly ever get it anymore, and when I do it lasts a lot shorter. I keep a tub of that in my room, that's linked below. I prefer Pampers sensitive wipes, and she'll usually apply a little baby powder too. Does the trick.

Admittedly when I'm out it's generally just the wipes, and extra diapers/boosters, but if I was out more often I might add a smaller tube of the Aquaphor too.

https://www.target.com/p/aquaphor-b...kms-mEZVh0oa9PlNHH8UdxoCKFPw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Cool. I have heard of Aquaphor. I used it on my most recent tattoo.

Cream, AND ointment. Also make sure you're thoroughly cleaning and drying your skin out twice a day.

Although I don't wet my diaper during the day, I often wet on the way home or right as I have gotten home, so I have a reason to change AND clean up. Wash (but don't scrub) skin that's in contact with your diaper, every time you change. Keeping clean is the first key to healthy skin. Use powder to prevent sweating, and use lotions/cremes to prevent friction. Use an antifungal powder if you start getting funky smelling. Your skin may be sensitive to over-drying also, so keep an eye on how it reacts to heavier use of talc or other powders. If you get eczema, back off on the powder, or use a less-drying powder like cornstarch. Rashes are much less common for urine exposure than feces. (a lot of us here prefer to limit our use to wetting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back