Anxiety and IC??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
While, I'm no threat to myself current due to help lines and talking about it to a close female friend, when I book a doctors appointment I'm considering on bringing up something recent. because it actually relates to anxiety.

My bladder is being all spastic, I keep "having spams" and leaking randomly throughout the day, and it's really fucking with my bowels, I've had very bad diarrhea for the last week, and my stomach is sore and I just feel like vomiting constantly. It's gotten to the point I'm literally worried that I'm going to shit myself literally and not as metaphor lol.

I'm not sure if I should mention that to my doctor as I feel like it's relaxed to anxiety, I've had problems with my bowels when it comes to anxiety or too much caffeine (triggering anxiety)

I feel like my control is worsening lately.

While I'm feeling better, I'm obviously still not stable lol. is this something I should mention at my doctors appointment for my anxiety?? does anxiety cause problems with bowels and your bladder?

I have always had minor leakage, but not to this extent, I sometimes feel like my bladder releases randomly and I actually have to stop it. like "force it close" happens randomly... feels like a muscle twitch, but with your bladder. argh..

Hi and glad you're on the site tonight. Yes, I would mention all the above to your doctor. I've heard that anxiety can contribute to incontinence. I also think anxiety can contribute to stomach problems as well. As a performing concert musician, I often get nervous before concerts. It always hits me in the lower digestive track, and has since I was a kid. I was out playing in front of paying people since I was 12, and even though I've been playing all my life, some concerts give me anxiety.

I would be as open and forthcoming with your doctor as you are comfortable with because the more the doctor knows, the more informed he/she will be and thus, helpful.

I'm glad you're feeling a little better mood wise. It's important to remember that none of this is your fault. The mind is a complex thing and sometimes it just doesn't function correctly. Your doctor should be able to help you.

There is no question at all that you should bring it up to a doctor. Spasms and leakage are not normal: they may be something that a doctor can find a cause for. Always bring anomalous physical issues to your doctor's attention.

Why wouldn't you mention it all? Witholding it from your doctor means he/she will not be able to help you. If you don't get help, then it will get worse.

So then, do you want it to get worse, or do you want get help?

Update.

My bladder control seems to be a lot worse, random leakage, feel like I'm going to accidentally piss myself.

Same is happening with faecal, felt like it was gonna slip out.

Why is stress doing this to me?

Because thats how stress is... it effects everyone differently. Some it causes incontinence, some it cause high blood pressure, some it causes to lash out and hurt people, some it causes to lose hair, some it causes incontinence, in some extreme cases it has caused more serious symptoms (blindness temporarily or permanently or even something as severe as a brain hemorrhage). For most people it starts off less serious but over time is when it generally starts to effect your health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back