Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Youtube question

Default Youtube question

Ok a few days ago a friend and I made a podcast for YouTube in hopes that we might start our own radio show; The problem is that it's 45 minutes long. I have seen videos on the site that go over the 10 minute limit so I thought that if I set the show's channel to Director I could have vidoes on as long as I want but that's not the case.

How can I get my video on there and cerpass the 10 minute time limit?

A: you can't anymore, back when Youtube first started out and you had a director's account, you could, but not anymore.

Some people can still make video's over 10min long though. I think you may have to get special permission from Youtube or something.

Split the video into 4-5 parts, uploading them as their own videos, then put them into a playlist so they play in order one after another.

There you go, a seamless 45 minute long video (O.K. it's not seamless, but it plays in order!)
    Last edited by Mink; 10-Apr-2009 at 03:35. Reason: FFS, typo hell

I looked it up and you can apply for the ability to have more time for your videos. If that doesn't work i'll do what Fallen sugjested and if the video is pulled then I will just put it on myspace or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    I looked it up and you can apply for the ability to have more time for your videos. If that doesn't work i'll do what Fallen sugjested and if the video is pulled then I will just put it on myspace or something.
    Can't you just do a fast edit and put them in 10 min. chunks?

Why don't you stick your pod cast on iTunes, just click the 'add new podcast' button.

Alright, I had a similar problem and my vid was around the same length too.

All you do is cut it down into say 3 or 4 or as many as you need clips, then upload.