Tension with Mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

EchoForest

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
My mother is aware that I like diapers, but doesn't really accept or tolerate it anymore (I started wearing once or twice a month in December). She politely, but firmly, tells me to "not get into that habit [of using diapers]".

However, I am an adult (F/20) working on getting a part time job. All the money spent on diapers (previously just one pack) has been my own. She will most likely never understand this part of me, not that I need her to, but I want her to respect my decisions even though she doesn't always approve, before I buy more.

Thanks,
Leaf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could try having a conversation with her and tell her that. Tell her that you are an adult and you are going to make your own decisions and she is just going to have to live with that.

You could also try to only ew M wear when she is away from the house. Or stay in your room so she doesn't have to see our know about it.

Well .. i am going to be a wet blanket here.. if you are under her roof, you are under her rules. Now.. having said that, i do not know why this has to be something you share with her at all. Being that i have now lived most my 57 years wearing and wetting diapers, the people i have shared that with i can count on one hand. i have lived with room mates, and i found it fairly easy to wear diapers everyday and keep anyone none the wiser. If you are using your own money to buy them, then there is no reason she needs to be involved in your decision to wear them? Am i missing something? This is most likely something that has a tactile, sensual or sexual component for you? i would never seek my parents approval, or ask for their respect for all the various kinds of intimate and or sexual things i get involved with. Perhaps some very close friends? Potential lovers? Yes, but i would not want to know about my parents intimate details, so i think it is only respectful to not share mine with my them?

Last edited:
No, it's just she found the diapers, so it's not like I told her first. I don't necessarily share or tell anyone about this.

ahh i see.. well i would not involve her from here on in, and find a better hiding spot ;)

Bad thing is that she'll probably be on the lookout for them for now on, so yeah, a better hiding spot is probably a great idea. Otherwise waiting until you have your own place to indulge to respect your parent's wishes. What if someone who moved in with you had a particular kink you're not to fond of?

Just remember what you're not paying for, living in her house. I think she earns a right of what she'll allow or not in her house. Just because you think it's your place because it's where your home is didn't mean you can do whatever you want, even if you pay for it. Would you do it if you moved in with a good friend of yours? How about another random person's place?

Even if diapers weren't involved and you had a partner of some kind, and you decided to have sex, I'm sure your mother would not be thrilled over that either.

Don't make your mother uncomfortable.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Although I will start paying rent in July

Once you start paying rent, what you do in your room should remain your business only. Again, as others have said, I would be discreet and find a better hiding place.

randy1959 said:
Well .. i am going to be a wet blanket here.. if you are under her roof, you are under her rules. Now.. having said that, i do not know why this has to be something you share with her at all. Being that i have now lived most my 57 years wearing and wetting diapers, the people i have shared that with i can count on one hand. i have lived with room mates, and i found it fairly easy to wear diapers everyday and keep anyone none the wiser. If you are using your own money to buy them, then there is no reason she needs to be involved in your decision to wear them? Am i missing something? This is most likely something that has a tactile, sensual or sexual component for you? i would never seek my parents approval, or ask for their respect for all the various kinds of intimate and or sexual things i get involved with. Perhaps some very close friends? Potential lovers? Yes, but i would not want to know about my parents intimate details, so i think it is only respectful to not share mine with my them?

While I'd say that in most cases it's not really necessary to tell parents about this... there are exceptions. I told my mother last month after learning that I'm potentially facing a very serious health condition. I figured if this is something I have to deal with, I need the things that comfort me the most. (And it went well. While I'm still keeping my diaper-wearing discreet, I don't have to sneak around to buy them anymore and enjoy a bottle usually every weekday afternoon.)

LeafiniteLittle said:

Deapite what you pay or think, parents will still have the same rules... Trust me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

randy1959 said:
Well .. i am going to be a wet blanket here.. if you are under her roof, you are under her rules.

Huh?! That doesn't really make sense. Adults don't have to obey every bizarre rule that their parents set. Parents don't have any rights to dictate to other grown-ups how to live their life.

I'm assuming the parents here aren't monsters who are going to turf their own child onto the streets.

dogboy said:
Once you start paying rent, what you do in your room should remain your business only.

How does paying rent make any difference to the rights of one adult to arbitrarily control what another adult does?

Why does "what you do in your room" suddenly stop being important to the homeowners if they are paid rent?

Is rent just a bribe to get parents to turn a blind eye? Can all parents be bought in this way? Is it ethical to pay someone for your right to do something which is perfectly legal and none of their business anyway...?

- - - Updated - - -

HeronimusM said:
you could get a suitcase and hide your stuff in it and lock it.

Or get a suitcase, put your mum in it and lock it. :laugh:

tiny said:
Huh?! That doesn't really make sense. Adults don't have to obey every bizarre rule that their parents set. Parents don't have any rights to dictate to other grown-ups how to live their life.

What? Yes they do, they have every right to dictate what does and doesn't happen in their house. This not just about the parent/child dynamic, i would hope that if i lent 'Mike' my car and said do not smoke in my car, 'Mike' best not smoke in my car.

That's a nice gesture, but my parents won't take well to me seeing someone I met online. Also, I'm still working on my driving permit.

randy1959 said:
What? Yes they do, they have every right to dictate what does and doesn't happen in their house. This not just about the parent/child dynamic, i would hope that if i lent 'Mike' my car and said do not smoke in my car, 'Mike' best not smoke in my car.

Sure, but if you lent Mike your car and told him not to listen to Bohemian Rhapsody whilst driving and he did, would you be justified in being annoyed with him?

tiny said:
Sure, but if you lent Mike your car and told him not to listen to Bohemian Rhapsody whilst driving and he did, would you be justified in being annoyed with him?

Thats really a great comparison :)

Still I think your best bet to avoid further tension with your mom would be finding a new hiding spot and being discreet when you wear.

I've also worn at home some times when my parents where home, if you're in your room while wearing and wear some sweatpants or something over it, no one will be able to tell.
Just have a good plan for disposing of the diaper at hand.

I will, and all above I already do

tiny said:
Being that i am a major Queen fan, let's change it to Opera, Country or Rap .. and if i was in the car at the time YOU BET!

LeafiniteLittle said:

*nonexistent moustache twirl*

Have it done with an actual lease of tenancy.

Why?

If you do so you would legally be considered a tenant and them the landlord. This comes with certain protections for you that would benefit you in this situation. Primary being that the space you are renting, the room or whatever becomes your legal residence and the landlord must give you minimum 24 hours notice to enter the space. That and unless they specifically put in the lease that you can't have diapers on the premises, which would be legally questionable anyhow they wouldn't be able to do shit about it, and if whatever reason they wanted to try to kick you out over it they would have to go through a formal eviction process, which would likely fail because diapers aren't a violation of the lease.

No, rent without contract, part of my SSDI money goes towards rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back