Refastenable diaper or pull-up for long car rides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pgfdp said:
Does anyone have any advice for me on how to properly double diaper? I tried it today and I ended up with Sap crystals all over myself and my bed. OOPS! I guess I haven't figured that part out yet lol

Bambinod, I do often wear a dress or skirt just to make it easier. I wish I could give up the potty, but it's not that easy lol I don't qualify for disability here in the US and diapers are too expensive to keep going through several a day on my own dime :(

Easy, don't. When you double diaper you're taking two diapers and doubling their price while also hoping you will double their capabilities and resistance to leaking. In reality, you are not greatly increasing their capabilities or resistance to leaking, only slightly increasing their capacity while ultimately still having to deal with a mess and leaks. Instead, take that double cost of your cheap diaper and find a one which costs about that same price. You will be getting a much better diaper, with (roughly) double everything you're looking to get.

Realistically though, you've got to stop looking at the cost of each diaper. Instead, look at their total cost per day. Quite often, if you go with a cheaper diaper you will be changing much more often. Go with a more expensive diaper and they will last and perform much longer. This will translate to a lower cost overall, while also getting a better functioning diaper what doesn't need to be doubled up.

Refastenable diaper because a pull-up is insufficient for my needs.

I meant using baby diapers as boosters, which you told me to do in an earlier post? I did also go and order some super strength adult boosters for the trip, as well as setting some confidry and northshores aside. This is all good advice. I really appreciate it all! I'm rather new to the incontinence world (only really lost control a couple months ago) so I'm still learning what works best when you really need it

In my opinion, baby diapers or double diapering isnt that good of an idea. Especially if you're sitting down. They'll get wet and then block the rest of the diaper from absorbing anything. Your best bet is to get real booster pads that allow a better free flow in to the awaiting diaper underneath it.

Goodnites Trufits inserts perform better than all the boosters that I've tried, and I've tried almost all of them. They have a great capacity and actually helps the liquid to travel towards the back of the diaper, and feels dry to the touch.

Tape on diapers are your best bet. You should try a better diaper such as Dry 24/7. They'll get you through a good 6-8 hours of use and you may not need a booster pad depending on your output.

Also, when traveling outside of cities, you may not have a bathroom close enough for you to make it. If I were you, I'd relax and just go in the diaper to make your trip more comfortable and enjoyable and less stops. Take it from me, a diapered trucker.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wow being a trucker while diapered must be tough! I think I'll go with a good tape on diaper with a booster. Either dry 24/7 or a maybe a premium ABDL diaper if I can scrape up the money for it. No better advice than what comes from someone who does it on a regular basis!

pgfdp said:
I meant using baby diapers as boosters, which you told me to do in an earlier post? I did also go and order some super strength adult boosters for the trip, as well as setting some confidry and northshores aside. This is all good advice. I really appreciate it all! I'm rather new to the incontinence world (only really lost control a couple months ago) so I'm still learning what works best when you really need it

Ah, apologies. Double diapering is quite literallywhere you double up on your adult diapers. This typically involves cutting the outer shell of the inside diaper, which can make a mess like you described.

For boosters (adult boosters, male guards, baby diapers, etc) Just place it in your adult diaper. That easy. When it overflows from saturation, it will do so in your adult diaper. No need to worry about cutting or modifying them really.

Pro tip; when your booster starts to get saturated, you can change it out while keeping on the same adult diaper. This can literally extend how long your adult diaper will last for.

The biggest problem I've had is with covidian brand, they're free to me from the VA. but there's on more than half the left side tapes have a scootch too much contact and the tapes have to be carefully peeled. There's a plastic no-stick strip glued to the inside of the diaper, and that's the trouble. It's like a micron too far and the part that would peel quickly, (when it's working right) is stuck to a not-nonstick part of the entire rig. The easiest patch for that is to remember to peel those two strips BEFORE applying diaper to body. Which brings in what works great when I'm on the town. Like riding the bus around. Public restrooms have a certain element of people who will look at you as either prey or lascivious if you take your pants all the way off. So I put on a couple extra before heading out. 1 on, tape it together, 2nd over it, fairly snug, and a pull up on top of that. Panties work for that too, the support or shaping kind. Not exactly always a fashion statement but some are really pretty. Because when you wet/soil the inner diaper and take it off, the second one will be a little loose. The pull on or panties will take out the slack.

I'm quite fond of the new Bambino Bianco/Magnifico Ultrastretch range. They're the thickest, most absorbent diapers I have, and that's against a pretty thick field.

Short of that, you could consider using cloth diapers if you already have some experience with them.

I wear 24/7. Any time I go out, I wear a tab style diaper and snap on plastic pants. It makes for a much easier change should I need one. I wear Abena L 4's and Gary 7 mil pants. If I think I need longer protection, I add a Dignity diaper doubler to the Abena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back