Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Refastenable diaper or pull-up for long car rides?

Default Refastenable diaper or pull-up for long car rides?

Hey all!

I have just been informed we are taking a family trip at the end of august. This will involve a 6 hour car ride and staying overnight in a hotel. I have urge and overnight urinary incontinence. If I'm stuck in the car for 6 or possibly more hours depending on traffic, I want to be safe, but I still want to be able to take my diaper off at rest stops and refasten/put it back on if necessary

Does anyone have any suggestions for me as to a good brand?

Thanks in advance!

Long ride just use an overnight diaper. Or a day one and change at rest stops.

Thanks for the advice incontal. I was thinking maybe my typical daytime wings or cvs brand overnight fitted with a good booster pad or stuffer?

Quote Originally Posted by pgfdp View Post
    Thanks for the advice incontal. I was thinking maybe my typical daytime wings or cvs brand overnight fitted with a good booster pad or stuffer?
    A good stuffer helps alot, if you plan to take them off alot, you may want to go with a prevail generic (cvs brand for example) with said as a stuffer.

the last long trip I made with my step dad and just used depends, by the time I was wet and needed to change my dad had to stop anyway, I usually find that is the diaper I am in that has an elastic waist band I can slide the diaper down like I would with underwear with out needing to touch the tapes or just use a urinal like one would with just underwear on, with out taking anything off

You say you have urge incontinence, which is one of the most uncontrollable forms with the most potential output. I think you should research what type you really have to make a better decision.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I feel like a diaper is preferable over a pull up because in my experience, Pull ups like to leak around the leg gaurds especially when sitting down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DracoAmericanus View Post
    the last long trip I made with my step dad and just used depends, by the time I was wet and needed to change my dad had to stop anyway, I usually find that is the diaper I am in that has an elastic waist band I can slide the diaper down like I would with underwear with out needing to touch the tapes or just use a urinal like one would with just underwear on, with out taking anything off
    Very good point! Using a pull up style is very nice when you need to use a toilet instead.

Quote Originally Posted by pgfdp View Post
    I have just been informed we are taking a family trip at the end of august. This will involve a 6 hour car ride and staying overnight in a hotel. I have urge and overnight urinary incontinence. If I'm stuck in the car for 6 or possibly more hours depending on traffic, I want to be safe, but I still want to be able to take my diaper off at rest stops and refasten/put it back on if necessary
    Disposable diapers are usually pretty easy to slide down and back up again. Adding a squeeze of talc down the sides of the hips under your diaper after taping up can help too. You don't usually have to untape. I never do. (maybe if you have really wide hips)

In most cases I actually pretape my diapers for a perfect and consistent fit every time, and pull them up.

I do indeed have urge incontinence/overactive bladder, but usually am never more than 100 feet from a bathroom as I never really leave home, so I only wear a light diaper "just in case" and go to the toilet dozens of times a day lol. You do have a good point about output. I never really thought about sliding the regular diaper up and down. I usually tape it closer to my body because I have seizures during the night and roll around. I might be able to wear something premium and slide it up and down. I appreciate the advice!

Pullups are not enough for urge incontinence. Neither are cheap diapers like wings or anything else you can get in stores. Add in 6+ hours of wear, and you can forget it for even mid-grade diapers.

You will need a good, premium tape on diaper for this. I'd decommend confidry or northshore supreme.