Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Refastenable diaper or pull-up for long car rides?

  1. #1

    Default Refastenable diaper or pull-up for long car rides?

    Hey all!

    I have just been informed we are taking a family trip at the end of august. This will involve a 6 hour car ride and staying overnight in a hotel. I have urge and overnight urinary incontinence. If I'm stuck in the car for 6 or possibly more hours depending on traffic, I want to be safe, but I still want to be able to take my diaper off at rest stops and refasten/put it back on if necessary

    Does anyone have any suggestions for me as to a good brand?

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2

    Default

    Long ride just use an overnight diaper. Or a day one and change at rest stops.

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks for the advice incontal. I was thinking maybe my typical daytime wings or cvs brand overnight fitted with a good booster pad or stuffer?

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by pgfdp View Post
    Thanks for the advice incontal. I was thinking maybe my typical daytime wings or cvs brand overnight fitted with a good booster pad or stuffer?
    A good stuffer helps alot, if you plan to take them off alot, you may want to go with a prevail generic (cvs brand for example) with said as a stuffer.

  5. #5

    Default

    the last long trip I made with my step dad and just used depends, by the time I was wet and needed to change my dad had to stop anyway, I usually find that is the diaper I am in that has an elastic waist band I can slide the diaper down like I would with underwear with out needing to touch the tapes or just use a urinal like one would with just underwear on, with out taking anything off

  6. #6

    Default

    You say you have urge incontinence, which is one of the most uncontrollable forms with the most potential output. I think you should research what type you really have to make a better decision.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  7. #7

    Default

    I feel like a diaper is preferable over a pull up because in my experience, Pull ups like to leak around the leg gaurds especially when sitting down.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by DracoAmericanus View Post
    the last long trip I made with my step dad and just used depends, by the time I was wet and needed to change my dad had to stop anyway, I usually find that is the diaper I am in that has an elastic waist band I can slide the diaper down like I would with underwear with out needing to touch the tapes or just use a urinal like one would with just underwear on, with out taking anything off
    Very good point! Using a pull up style is very nice when you need to use a toilet instead.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by pgfdp View Post
    I have just been informed we are taking a family trip at the end of august. This will involve a 6 hour car ride and staying overnight in a hotel. I have urge and overnight urinary incontinence. If I'm stuck in the car for 6 or possibly more hours depending on traffic, I want to be safe, but I still want to be able to take my diaper off at rest stops and refasten/put it back on if necessary
    Disposable diapers are usually pretty easy to slide down and back up again. Adding a squeeze of talc down the sides of the hips under your diaper after taping up can help too. You don't usually have to untape. I never do. (maybe if you have really wide hips)

    In most cases I actually pretape my diapers for a perfect and consistent fit every time, and pull them up.

  9. #9

    Default

    I do indeed have urge incontinence/overactive bladder, but usually am never more than 100 feet from a bathroom as I never really leave home, so I only wear a light diaper "just in case" and go to the toilet dozens of times a day lol. You do have a good point about output. I never really thought about sliding the regular diaper up and down. I usually tape it closer to my body because I have seizures during the night and roll around. I might be able to wear something premium and slide it up and down. I appreciate the advice!

  10. #10

    Default

    Pullups are not enough for urge incontinence. Neither are cheap diapers like wings or anything else you can get in stores. Add in 6+ hours of wear, and you can forget it for even mid-grade diapers.

    You will need a good, premium tape on diaper for this. I'd decommend confidry or northshore supreme.

Similar Threads

  1. Depends With Refastenable Tabs
    By Psynapse in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 26-Mar-2016, 12:00
  2. Amusement rides
    By jstevens in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-Jan-2014, 04:09
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15-Oct-2013, 08:04
  4. CVS refastenable underwear
    By Drypered in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-Jan-2011, 21:50
  5. big pull up diaper
    By max247 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-Feb-2010, 23:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.