Status
Not open for further replies.

hex000f

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I while ago I finally figured out how to not leak when wetting standing up. I can wet 2-3 times no problem now. The secret was to make sure the bottom of the diaper makes a |_| shape, which won't happen naturally if you put it on standing up. However I still have a problem:

When I pee standing up and then sit down, I squeeze pee out of my diaper. This usually happens only after I've wet more then once. Is this something technique can fix like how technique fixed what I described above, or is it a matter of getting a better diaper which I can do as well. Currently I wear Bambino Bellisimos since I like the print, but I have ABU space in my possession already. I'll definitely break out the space diapers if it makes a difference with this.

I know Bambino's quality has gone down, but it shouldn't affect how the diaper performs. Try peeing slower, wait to wick, and make sure your leg guards are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stretch the diaper out and fold the diaper down the middle from front to back to give it a "U' shape when you put it on. That is how Abena recommends prepping the diaper. It may help a little.

From what you describe it does sound like either a fitting issue or not preparing proper. If the advice above does not work you may wish to try a diffetent product or size. Like anything in life we sometimes have to experiment to find a good fit for us as individuals.

Moonshot said:
Stretch the diaper out and fold the diaper down the middle from front to back to give it a "U' shape when you put it on. That is how Abena recommends prepping the diaper. It may help a little.

Do you mean folding it hotdog style and rising it up from the middle? Like this? ___ to \_/ to |_|?

hex000f said:
I while ago I finally figured out how to not leak when wetting standing up. I can wet 2-3 times no problem now. The secret was to make sure the bottom of the diaper makes a |_| shape, which won't happen naturally if you put it on standing up. However I still have a problem:

When I pee standing up and then sit down, I squeeze pee out of my diaper. This usually happens only after I've wet more then once. Is this something technique can fix like how technique fixed what I described above, or is it a matter of getting a better diaper which I can do as well. Currently I wear Bambino Bellisimos since I like the print, but I have ABU space in my possession already. I'll definitely break out the space diapers if it makes a difference with this.

I stretch the diaper and then fold it so the tabs meet. I rub my hand down the diaper pushing on it to creat a valley. I know this has helped me.

After the first wetting, and if I’m standing, when I start to wet again I start walking which usually lets me stop. Once the diaper can absorb properly I’ll release again. I can get three strong wettings this way. With that said, recently learning that walking doesn’t stop the flow anymore and I continue to wet. My body is learning to wet while I’m walking. So, this might be a good start but you might be learning how to wet while walking at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hex000f said:

I know that sometimes the NorthShore diapers will do this too. Some times it's micro holes in the diaper but 8/10times with most diapers it just has not asorbed enough yet!

Try not to flood as well, especially after its already pretty wet. The liquid is sitting in any already saturated area, therefore it's taking longer to be absorbed.

I also know that Bambino doesn't wick towards the back very well unless you lay backwards.

ABU is thicker and more absorbent than Bambino.

Your taping method could also be wrong as well, mixed with a little bit of everything such as wrong sized diaper, bottom tapes are too tight. It does take a little bit of trial and error to get a diaper to fit properly, and usually when you change brands, they fit differently and messes up your whole routine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hex000f said:

This is a known problem with most any diaper that uses a tape landing zone. You're leaking around the legs because there are no lower tapes on them which is needed to create a snug seal around the legs in the first place.

Try switching to a diaper that does not have a tape zone.

I would also second that you wait for all the pee to absorb first

I have no experience with bambino. But I can definitely say it helps to wait a minute or two after flooding out to give it time to absorb. When fully saturated basically any diaper will leak around the legs when sitting, this is called press-out. I can say that proper taping and fit mean everything in this situation. But nothing is fool-proof. Someone mentioned plastic landing zones... I won't say the landing zone really hurts the fit, but it does encourage you to tape it a certain way which may or may not be right for you. It helps me if my bottom tapes are angled upwards slightly and the upper tapes angle downwards slightly.

Best way to get a good fit standing is, make the U shape, position your diaper so that when you pull forward and up slightly on the bottom tapes you can feel the diaper hold your bottom. Then tape the bottoms first, before taping the tops pull up your diaper snugly this helps eliminate any gaps and create a seal with the leak guards. Then tape the tops, also note when taping the tops how the angle affects the fit of the waist of the diaper.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Slomo said:
This is a known problem with most any diaper that uses a tape landing zone. You're leaking around the legs because there are no lower tapes on them which is needed to create a snug seal around the legs in the first place.

Try switching to a diaper that does not have a tape zone.

I think you can still get a decent leg fit as long as your diaper is the right size and has a shape that supports it. Although I do practice taping "inward and downward, around the leg" on some of my diapers (the longer ones in particular, northshore, abena xplus, and confidry 247) I can usually get a good fit by attaching the lowers to the lowest possible spot on the landing zone of other diapers that aren't quite as long.

try get more of a snug fit but don't do it too tight or you will be very sore

icklespace said:
try get more of a snug fit but don't do it too tight or you will be very sore

This is exactly what I was talking about, you have to go one size too small in order to get that "snug fit" which should then not leak on you.

Slomo said:
This is exactly what I was talking about, you have to go one size too small in order to get that "snug fit" which should then not leak on you.

I'd caution against trying to fit small. The legs may fit tighter simply because they have to, but you're likely going to have padding held snugly up against your body in the crotch and have no "gutter" to speak of, and that's one really quick way to encourage a leak. (or a flood...) You need to have enough length (and tape the lowers low enough) to leave a channel.

bambinod said:
I'd caution against trying to fit small. The legs may fit tighter simply because they have to, but you're likely going to have padding held snugly up against your body in the crotch and have no "gutter" to speak of, and that's one really quick way to encourage a leak. (or a flood...) You need to have enough length (and tape the lowers low enough) to leave a channel.

Oh I agree 100%. To me, the trade offs and added problems with a too small diaper is just not worth it. I was just saying that's how others overcome the no lower tapes problem. And there seems to be a LOT who are happy with that trade off.

Either it's not a good diaper or it's not a good fit, or you have flooded it or it's just too much pee in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back