Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaks when sitting down after wetting

Default Leaks when sitting down after wetting

I while ago I finally figured out how to not leak when wetting standing up. I can wet 2-3 times no problem now. The secret was to make sure the bottom of the diaper makes a |_| shape, which won't happen naturally if you put it on standing up. However I still have a problem:

When I pee standing up and then sit down, I squeeze pee out of my diaper. This usually happens only after I've wet more then once. Is this something technique can fix like how technique fixed what I described above, or is it a matter of getting a better diaper which I can do as well. Currently I wear Bambino Bellisimos since I like the print, but I have ABU space in my possession already. I'll definitely break out the space diapers if it makes a difference with this.

I know Bambino's quality has gone down, but it shouldn't affect how the diaper performs. Try peeing slower, wait to wick, and make sure your leg guards are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stretch the diaper out and fold the diaper down the middle from front to back to give it a "U' shape when you put it on. That is how Abena recommends prepping the diaper. It may help a little.

From what you describe it does sound like either a fitting issue or not preparing proper. If the advice above does not work you may wish to try a diffetent product or size. Like anything in life we sometimes have to experiment to find a good fit for us as individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshot View Post
    Stretch the diaper out and fold the diaper down the middle from front to back to give it a "U' shape when you put it on. That is how Abena recommends prepping the diaper. It may help a little.
    Do you mean folding it hotdog style and rising it up from the middle? Like this? ___ to \_/ to |_|?

Quote Originally Posted by hex000f View Post
    I while ago I finally figured out how to not leak when wetting standing up. I can wet 2-3 times no problem now. The secret was to make sure the bottom of the diaper makes a |_| shape, which won't happen naturally if you put it on standing up. However I still have a problem:

When I pee standing up and then sit down, I squeeze pee out of my diaper. This usually happens only after I've wet more then once. Is this something technique can fix like how technique fixed what I described above, or is it a matter of getting a better diaper which I can do as well. Currently I wear Bambino Bellisimos since I like the print, but I have ABU space in my possession already. I'll definitely break out the space diapers if it makes a difference with this.
    I stretch the diaper and then fold it so the tabs meet. I rub my hand down the diaper pushing on it to creat a valley. I know this has helped me.

After the first wetting, and if Iím standing, when I start to wet again I start walking which usually lets me stop. Once the diaper can absorb properly Iíll release again. I can get three strong wettings this way. With that said, recently learning that walking doesnít stop the flow anymore and I continue to wet. My body is learning to wet while Iím walking. So, this might be a good start but you might be learning how to wet while walking at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that sometimes the NorthShore diapers will do this too. Some times it's micro holes in the diaper but 8/10times with most diapers it just has not asorbed enough yet!

Try not to flood as well, especially after its already pretty wet. The liquid is sitting in any already saturated area, therefore it's taking longer to be absorbed.

I also know that Bambino doesn't wick towards the back very well unless you lay backwards.

ABU is thicker and more absorbent than Bambino.

Your taping method could also be wrong as well, mixed with a little bit of everything such as wrong sized diaper, bottom tapes are too tight. It does take a little bit of trial and error to get a diaper to fit properly, and usually when you change brands, they fit differently and messes up your whole routine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is a known problem with most any diaper that uses a tape landing zone. You're leaking around the legs because there are no lower tapes on them which is needed to create a snug seal around the legs in the first place.

Try switching to a diaper that does not have a tape zone.