Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with onesie question

Default help with onesie question

so i finally bought a onesie - and i love it - its so cute and comfy - but i need help

its a little big and its not tight - so its NOT really holding my diaper up - and its big on my shoulders --
    so i was wondering - if i put it in the dryer for like 5mins will that shrink it a little --

i dont want to buy another one but i need help...

thanks

Well, as a human male, as a young bachelor, and as a bit of a simpleton, I'm closer to stray dog than civilized adult person. However, I think I can offer some input.

The extent to which the fabric will shrink in the dryer depends on the material. I'm not sure which materials shrink the most. It seems like the highly synthetic stuff shrinks the least. If you want to try to shrink it, I'd just run it through the laundry with your other clothes, and let it withstand a full cycle in the dryer. Wreck it like a new polo shirt.

But I don't think dryer shrinkage sounds like the best option for you. For drastic changes in fit, some form of sewing or alteration seems necessary. Room for creativity!

Hopefully the dryer trick works though. Best of luck.

Where did you get it, and was it an AB product? I tend to find AB products are designed for big adults, even in the small sizes. As I'm 5'7" (170cm) and not too well built, I just buy teen stuff.

Even then the largest size teen onesie (age 13-14) I get from Rackety's in the UK (a disability clothing store), are slightly big on me. Though it depends on the size of the diaper.

My onesies are made from cotton and they srank after a few washes. That was good, because when i first got them the lower part just hanged and not tight, something like what yours is doing. so toss them in the wash, you might get the same results. Mine are from Gabby's

If you really want to shrink it put in in the washing machine and set the water temperature to hot. Then put it in the drier. If it's mostly cotton, it should shrink. It will probably stretch out a little on wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    If you really want to shrink it put in in the washing machine and set the water temperature to hot. Then put it in the drier. If it's mostly cotton, it should shrink. It will probably stretch out a little on wearing it.
    Ditto, though, I always do the reverse for my jeans :P

Default help with onesie question

if your attempts of shrinking don't work try a onesie that is a size smaller than what you wear.

i just got one and used the same trick that babyboy had and i got one size smaller than i normally wear its the opposite of most diapers

for example the mediums i have are supposed to fit anywhere between a 30 and 38 size waist i am a size 36 and they do not come close to fitting me.

so get one size too small and they will stretch if it is too small

Quote Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
    My onesies are made from cotton and they srank after a few washes. That was good, because when i first got them the lower part just hanged and not tight, something like what yours is doing. so toss them in the wash, you might get the same results. Mine are from Gabby's
    Mine is also a Gabby's - i got it off adultclothdiapers.com - i got the large thinking that would be it, i am going to dry and wash it again, i was it once and the bottom shrunk - the part that comes over diapy.. i am trying to get the body to shrink a little 2, - so it gets a little tight so it actually "holds the diaper up and tight" like a onesie is suppose 2...

The first rule of shrinkage is that HEAT shrinks not water. Heat will tighten the weave of natural fabrics like cotton, linen etc.

If you want to shrink your onesie putting it in the dryer will do the trick. I would suggest trying 50 degrees to start and increase it up to 70 degrees until you are happy it is a better fit.

Of all the onesies I got the Gabby's onesie's I received from Diaper Connection are the longest in the body I have and I have to regularly hot dry it to bring the back to fit but they stretch out again.

While I am on the subject I received 2 onesies from Diaper Connection as part of a fairly big order (to me) and one of them arrived with a crotch snap that was not put in properly. As I am in the clothing trade I know the snap was faulty but despite numerious emails to Diaper connection I NEVER got a single reply. The rest of the order was great and I was very happy with the quality of all the other products and would have ordered again but I lost faith in a company that didn't have the manners to answer an email about a faulty item.

I hope this helps and if you need more help feel free to ask me as I know a bit about clothes.