Holy cow...ABU vs Bambino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan09

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So after committing to myself that after using up my previous 2 cases of bambino bellissimos, I was going to wholesale switch over to ABU's products (because of a number of issues I've had with bambino lately) I FINALLY made the switch this weekend.

And... OH. MY. GOD.

Thus far, I'm finding that switching to ABU LittlePawz has been one of the better decisions I've ever made.

They are amazing.

They're noticeably thicker than the bellissimos, the size mediums feel and fit better, the plastics seem more premium/robust, the all-over prints...And the dang absorbency!! I'm pretty convinced that these things can soak up the Pacific Ocean. Good lord. I've been wearing them as a nighttime diaper, and I can honestly say I've never trusted a diaper to perform so well at nighttime as these have.

And somehow, they're cheaper than the bambinos I've been buying all these years...?

Bless you, ABU. Keep up the amazing work!

I switched from the dc idyl to abu and i had the exact same conclusion. Abu master race.

Sent from my LGAS375 using Tapatalk

Yes I love abu

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I made this exact switch a few months ago and share Dan's sentiment. ABU really has a great product. It feels so good sitting around in a squishy Little Pawz. =D

ArchieRoni said:
I made this exact switch a few months ago and share Dan's sentiment. ABU really has a great product. It feels so good sitting around in a squishy Little Pawz. =D

I feel like I've been missing out, because I'd honestly forgotten what this was even like!

Bellissimos are a SERIOUS diaper, and are no joke in their own right. But I've noticed a gradual shift over the past year where--for whatever reason-- they just seem to be way less reliable for me...and I find myself changing out of them quicker as a result. At least at nighttime, I've basically lost my trust I had with them.

Being able to trust a Little Pawz entirely and not be at all scared about leaks has been...really, really cool. They feel substantially thicker than the bambino in the areas that matter, and I can't overstate what they've done for how well I've been sleeping just based on knowing I've got a big, thick, reliable diaper on.

I'd be completely fine if they didn't ever change Little Pawz from their current design...ever :smile1:

The little paws look like they are made on the same machines as tykables.

You like Little Paws :) Bet you haven't Tried Cushies V2 or SDK V2. The way they absorb and swell is exactly the same as Plastic Pampers Euro version from 2002-3. With that said Give it a go They hold Seven Wettings from full bladder for me. Yeah and that feeling afterwards when you take it off and it looks exactly like baby Pampers but bigger.

INCONTAL said:
The little paws look like they are made on the same machines as tykables.

That machine deserves a medal! I've been kind of stunned with how amazing these are overnight.

I made the switch from Bambino to the Little Pawz almost a year and I know I'll never go back.

I tried Bellisimos a couple months ago, and honestly, I wasn't too impressed, compared to LittlePawz.

Bambino did seem to have a quality drop during the launch of magnificos...the magnificos are great but their other diapers were kinda meh for awhile. Haven't bought any more of their original diapers because of it. Though I have bought some magnificos and rearz safaris which are both fantastic diapers. I also have some of the abu plastic pre school and love them too. I honestly wish they would get a 4 tape thicker/premium variant of the lavender diapers though as I love the look and smell of them.

Bambino just isn't as good as they used to be. It's like they're not trying anymore.

I just wish ABU didn't have such high prices! I suppose LittlePawz are very much worth it. They do sound amazing. But.... I have a hard time justifying the price to myself.
I can get ConfiDry 24/7 for less, plus several more diapers in a pack.
Maybe someday I'll just give in and order some LittlePawz. But normally, I have to go with the better deal (more diapers for less).
I was considering buying Bambinos next time (would probably have got the teddy bear printed diapers), but now I'm not sure if I want to bother with them or not.

ShippoFox said:
I just wish ABU didn't have such high prices! I suppose LittlePawz are very much worth it. They do sound amazing. But.... I have a hard time justifying the price to myself.
I can get ConfiDry 24/7 for less, plus several more diapers in a pack.
Maybe someday I'll just give in and order some LittlePawz. But normally, I have to go with the better deal (more diapers for less).
I was considering buying Bambinos next time (would probably have got the teddy bear printed diapers), but now I'm not sure if I want to bother with them or not.
Well, you are getting a superior diaper, with better tapes, better sustainable fit, better leak guards, higher capacity, padding that stays put better, get 8 more diapers per case, $134.99($1.68ea) for a case of 80 ABU Simples. $118.95($1.65ea) for a case of 72 Dry 24/7.

That seems worth the jump in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

YoungYoshi said:
Bambino just isn't as good as they used to be. It's like they're not trying anymore.

That's been on of my bigger complaints.

To make a driving analogy, Bambino has seemed like they're on cruise control-- letting their company's longstanding presence in the *BDL community be the ONLY thing going for it. Whereas ABU has taken the initiative, and has been the car that flies past on the highway in a blur.

The fact that bambino has been cruising like this for a while now, and yet STILL had major price raises on their diapers in recent memory (even with the drop in quality) has annoyed me to no end. I won't be buying from them again unless something seriously drastic changes. They're a very good diaper, but there's WAY too many newer, better competitors these days that are outclassing them at a better price point.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Well, you are getting a superior diaper, with better tapes, better sustainable fit, better leak guards, higher capacity, padding that stays put better, get 8 more diapers per case, $134.99($1.68ea) for a case of 80 ABU Simples. $118.95($1.65ea) for a case of 72 Dry 24/7.

But... I have never bought diapers by the case. I usually buy just a pack at a time. I suppose I could use up the ones I have, and maybe buy a case, though it'd attract more attention when delivered. Although.... neighbors usually aren't home anyway when packages arrive. (If any family were home when such a big package arrives.... yikes! But here, It's rare for packages to arrive that late) It's going to take a while to use everything I have... I don't wear as often as I'd actually like to, with my family always wanting me to do things more often lately.... and me being too worried about them noticing the crinkle sound or thickness (though I like a thick diaper that won't leak).

I am pretty much ABU Vintage exclusive now in my purchasing but would like to try the Bambino Magnifico due to the Dino print.

I've never tried Bellisimos. I've been in Bambinos for years. Usually the teddy or biancos. Maybe I'll get a sample pack of Bellisimos so I can finally see what all the good fuss is about. I've always just passed on them because of the higher price tag.

I would be in ABU stuff everyday if they gave me the option to ship with FedEx. UPS is notoriously difficult for me to work with. Their web site regularly crashes on me and is hard to navigate and you have to pay for their service to hold your package. UPS delivers at times that can be very inconvenient while FedEx holds my package for easy pickup. For this reason alone, I usually get Bambinos.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:

@ShippoFox

I can substantiate the fact that Abu diapers hold more than dry 24. But from my experience the dry 24 fit better which helps prevent leakage also dry 24 have perfect tapes. Abu gives you the thick plastic landing zone which helps the tapes especially when retaping if you actually need to. I've had issues with Abu tapes popping off in the past but supposedly they just addressed the issue and have new tapes.

Abu diapers are great but I can't say they are totally superior to dry 24. It's definitely worth trying if you're curious but I personally have yet to find a diaper I can trust more than dry 24. That said I've only ever had one little paws but I have used 75% of a mixed case of abu vintage.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back