are you embarrassed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NotTheAverageMan said:
Yes, i can still be embarrassed when my wife tells me to change my diaper etc.

Sendt fra min BTV-W09 med Tapatalk

My wife tells me if I am starting to smell and ned to change. I don't worry about it. She sees my wet nappies wet bed etc and takes it in her stride as I do it just isn't a big deal.

I feel embarrassed and depressed!.
Just I have urgency incontinence issues during the day and my sleep paralysis during the night.
Because the Depend silhouette active fit didn't work anymore for me then I'm back in always discreet underwear when I go out for inline skating and sometimes for night time, when wearing jeans and other casual dressing I wear the Tena stylish underwear.
It's very embarrassing coming back to home wet and also when I can't move at night when I'm on the bed I start to peeing myself​.
It's very depressing feeling wet and being changed around 1:00 am.
To the next day when I wake up and I see to myself on the mirror just with a white T shirt and a Tranquility diaper with tabs I break up in tears.
I prefer wearing women's protective panties than ugly tab style diapers because I feel like a toddler.

If you wet the bed , you should talk to a Dr. , sleep paralysis effects the voluntary muscles, bladder is not a voluntary muscle that the brain can disconnect so we don't act on our dreams , you very well could have something else going on .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I've been talking with the physician and I don't have anything about my bladder, it's just because I have some type of stress and anxiety. Like suffering the loss of a beloved one such as other close relatives​ getting divorced.
Also the lady who I'm renting a room she had been through a hysterectomy.
Just I'm passing through hard times.

LonelyFOX said:
I feel embarrassed and depressed!.
Just I have urgency incontinence issues during the day and my sleep paralysis during the night.
Because the Depend silhouette active fit didn't work anymore for me then I'm back in always discreet underwear when I go out for inline skating and sometimes for night time, when wearing jeans and other casual dressing I wear the Tena stylish underwear.
It's very embarrassing coming back to home wet and also when I can't move at night when I'm on the bed I start to peeing myself​.
It's very depressing feeling wet and being changed around 1:00 am.
To the next day when I wake up and I see to myself on the mirror just with a white T shirt and a Tranquility diaper with tabs I break up in tears.
I prefer wearing women's protective panties than ugly tab style diapers because I feel like a toddler.

Even though I have been back in diapers since the late 1980's, I still feel shame when I have major mega-poopy "accidents" in my diaper. A couple of days ago, I cried when I woke up from sleep, and besides being wet as a 59 year-old with Autism and Cerebral Palsy, I had been sleeping for hours in a poopy diaper. Even though my Cerebral Palsy is mild, accessing a toilet to not mess myself very badly is difficult.

I accept that I am not potty trained anymore.

But sometimes it does emotionally hurt to realize that one is back to the pre-potty training phase of one's life for neurological/medical reasons.

caitianx said:
Even though I have been back in diapers since the late 1980's, I still feel shame when I have major mega-poopy "accidents" in my diaper. A couple of days ago, I cried when I woke up from sleep, and besides being wet as a 59 year-old with Autism and Cerebral Palsy, I had been sleeping for hours in a poopy diaper. Even though my Cerebral Palsy is mild, accessing a toilet to not mess myself very badly is difficult.

I accept that I am not potty trained anymore.

But sometimes it does emotionally hurt to realize that one is back to the pre-potty training phase of one's life for neurological/medical reasons.
Potty training is a societal construct that is considered "normal" because people just accept it blindly ,whereas accepting differences in people is not considered "normal" being different practicly requires an act of congress which is sad.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Whilst I only have urinary IC, I totally agree with the sentiments expressed by Caitianx.

There have been times in the past when I've been out and about in just my then new health service provided disposable nappies and have had major leaks, that not only reduced me to tears but has had me running out of supermarkets, lifts and other places just too hide my shame and embarrassment.
Whilst the NHS then changed my prescription for a different nappy I now always wear protective pants when I am outside the home.

On the many times i have been for medical or hospital appointments, I don't think any of the nurses or doctors have raised an eyebrow let alone made comments about my wearing protection.

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I have just learned today that my father has IC. I have never known about it before and as our contacts in my youth were rather limited I didn't ask any further questions, but I could see that he must have felt embarrassed. Well, I don't want to debate whether he was a good father or not, he is still my father therefore I still want to help him somehow. Sorry for posting an direct link on my first post, but I have found this: http://try.hexanow.com/55667788/ from what I have found around the internet they are of better quality than others products I have found and price is very cheap compared to others. Have anyone tried it by any chance? I would be very glad if somebody could answer me as I would like to help my father to the best extent I possibly could.

Thanks,

James202.

I'm building courage as of lately, and bit the bullet. I'm having my morning mug of coffee in just a t-shirt and wet nightdiaper with plastic pants on top not hiding it anymore sitting on my protective pad in the couch. Wife sits next to me, all is at display, and she knows I'm wet even before the coffee...since my clothdiaper is sagging from a wet night, but still has capacity hence I chose to stay in it and enjoy my coffee before showering

NotTheAverageMan, I agree with you. I notice that at breakfast time, I releases quick a lot and as the diaper last longer during the night (probably less "output" and also better distributed than during the day), there is still room there. So I shower a little later and take a fresh one only at 09:00-10:00 in the morning (I work from home) that can last until the evening sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back