Nappy/Diaper collecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! .. but.. but .. it DOES have free shipping!! heheheh

I have been tempted to pay extreme amounts for a pink huggies for her size 5 from the '90s but never taken the plunge (guess I spend enough on nappies I wear.)

I laugh every time I see those I mean what makes them rare because they are a size small? We used to carry the mediums and sold them for like 25 a pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sissybaby34 said:
Do people really pay this sort of money for "rare" diapers. I don't get it myself i have to say.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adult-Bab...474723?hash=item44052aea63:g:7t4AAOSwGotWlu1h

From what I've seen with some friends people are willing to pay money for "rare" diapers. Had one friend pay around ~$100 for a case of the old goodnites that were pretty much all white because according to them they were bigger and better than what we currently have. I mean im sure thats not much considering how much is spent on a case of say ABUs but even then we're talking old diapers meant for children as opposed to adults. I think the main appeal is that older brands are either "bigger" or "thicker" than most modern releases which seem to be focused on reducing the bulk.

I probably wouldn't pay that much for a Bambino. I may start a diaper collection when I get a bit more financially stable. Idk if anything would catch my fancy enough to pay quite that much for it, but I would shell out some extra for something I was really nostalgic for, like Goodnites circa 1995 or something.

There is nothing in me to want to buy old baby diapers, I use to wear these famed plastic back pampers and Luvs of the mid and late 90's and grew out of them when I was almost 15, the abdl diapers of today rock

well bambino small is indeed rare but they're unlikely to get the requested price. They're accepting offers so it'll probably go for 75'ish eventually to someone that really wants it.

The law of supply and demand breaks down when the supply or the demand is extremely low. People can ask very large prices because the product is very rare, but they have difficulty finding that one buyer that's willing to pay what they're asking. So it's hard to say whether or not they'll actually manage to get a sale, regardless of the asking price (the low supply increases the chances of a sale, while the high price decreases the chance of a sale)

when Depends went to the cloth like trash I found that on e-bay people where paying about 4-5 bucks each for the plastic ones and was quite shocked and did a search on past sales and not all of them went for 405 bucks each but there where a lot that came close, I had even thought about selling the ones I had on hand, when I found out of the discontinuation of the plastic ones I made a 50 mile radius from my home about buaght all that I could find and ended up getting close to 400 of the plastic ones at a sale price of about 12 bucks a package, now since they are plastic again I think the prices fell back down tp reasonable levels, it's deffently supply and demand, limited stock and high demand drive the prices up a higher then would have ever guessed.
Depends fall into a category that people either love them a lot of hate them a lot, kinda like Bose speakers, some people love them and other hate them with very few in the middle and for the record for primary speakers I hate bose, there are far better speakers for the same amount of money that offer much better sound quality.
I my self love the plastic depends and despised the cloth like ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back