Thread: Help not helping

Unhappy Help not helping

In a effort to help me try getting past some of my problems. Mental and otherwise. I was given these books took read and study. They have been very little help. I think it's just because it been so little time, but I don't see the overall use of the help I've been given. I still feel unwanted, unfulfilled and alone. I realized I'm only getting older. My time might have already past and I haven't done anything. I find myself wishing for only a handful of things. One sleep or a loving mommy. (Or even a daddy. Heart feels like the thing you brake so many times. It looks like sand) I'm losing faith in one of them. I've always felt like the humpback. Not wanted. Just told to do a job that no one wants do. I'm trying to save so I move out, but I'm only at 2 Grand. So I'm just going to say it. I don't think this is happening either. I'm going back to bed.

Give it time, unfortunately the good that can come from things doesn't happen overnight. It may take a bit and reading the texts at different times for you to be ready to accept them. Sometimes it takes awhile for things to click but when they do you start to see things in a new light.

Hang in there with the moving out, keep saving up and keep your chin up and soon you will be free.

*hugs*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KryanAshford View Post
    In a effort to help me try getting past some of my problems. Mental and otherwise. I was given these books took read and study. They have been very little help. I think it's just because it been so little time, but I don't see the overall use of the help I've been given. I still feel unwanted, unfulfilled and alone. I realized I'm only getting older. My time might have already past and I haven't done anything. I find myself wishing for only a handful of things. One sleep or a loving mommy. (Or even a daddy. Heart feels like the thing you brake so many times. It looks like sand) I'm losing faith in one of them. I've always felt like the humpback. Not wanted. Just told to do a job that no one wants do. I'm trying to save so I move out, but I'm only at 2 Grand. So I'm just going to say it. I don't think this is happening either. I'm going back to bed.
    Middle of the night thoughts for any of us are usually on the dark side. On the glass half full side, you're closer to your goals than you were yesterday. Keep on keepin' on.

Hey Kryan,
    Books are great things to have to help you with perspectives and outlooks on life. Hopefully they can give some guidance in how to cope with your pain and offer some suggestions. Unfortunately, books will not be able to give you all the answers you need, but they can challenge you and inspire you to choose a path and follow it.

I was inspired mostly by the works of Viktor E. Frankl. Frankl was a survivor of the Nazi death camps who developed a humanist psychology based on our intrinsic search for meaning in our lives and the different ways we find it. His psychology was based on the suffering he endured and witnessed in the camps, and how he found hope based on the strength and will to live of the people in the camps who survived. "Man's Search for Meaning" by Frankl can be a difficult read due to the nature of the topic, but it is also based on hope and inspiration.

Books can help give you some insight into yourself, but you have to decide how to apply it to your own situation. Frankl's philosophy, for example, teaches that all of us find happiness in our lives by finding meaning, whether it is altruism, loving a person, completing a work of art, or, when suffering is inevitable, how we find meaning in the suffering.

If you are feeling unwanted, unfulfilled and alone, you need to decide what to do with your pain. There are likely many different causes contributing to it, but you need to identify those causes, and learn how to manage them so that you can reach your goals. The first thing I would recommend is seeing your doctor to see if there may be underlying causes of depression. Get a full assessment, one that includes checking for physiological and emotional problems. If you're suffering from clinical depression, it won't get better without treatment, and if you continue suffering from it, then you won't be able to move forward. Don't give in to it. Think of depression for what it is: it makes you believe that you are less than other people, that there is no point in trying, that your life is not going to get better. That is why you need to deal with depression first, so that it doesn't hold you back from tackling the other obstacles in your life.

I certainly don't believe your time has passed. I was older than you when I gave up a miserable job to go back to school for work that was much more fulfilling. These are decisions that you make when you are ready, and only you know when that time will be. More than anything, you need to get yourself in a healthy, positive state, and put all that negative junk out of your mind that is weighing you down.

Keep saving as much money as you can and stick with the plan. The future is there for you. Books may not give you the answers you need, but they can help you find those answers. You may find one of those answers is that you need to work on your mental health and learn to be kind to yourself in order to move forward, but you will get there.
    Last edited by Starrunner; 10-Jun-2017 at 02:35.

Slept for around 10 hours. I mostly had to force myself to get up. It's m day off so I'm going out of town to hopefully get my mind on something else, and treat myself a little.

Slept for around 10 hours. I mostly had to force myself to get up. It's m day off so I'm going out of town to hopefully get my mind on something else, and treat myself a little.
    Sounds like a good idea. Hope it helps.

I find that keeping and staying busy helps me. I was out riding on our walking/bike trail yesterday. I was busy with chores today but I ended the day with putting an hour on my piano. I hope you can do somethings you enjoy doing.