Your opinions that prevent you from wearing diapers in public

Status
Not open for further replies.

makena43

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I need to learn how to change my opinions that I somehow got from other people that still makes me feel uncomfortable wearing diaper in public. For example, diapers are only for babies and old people and the incontinence people. I feeling shame wearing. Diaper around other. Adults. There. Are others but how do i change these options?

I personally don't wear in public for two reasons. One, if i was discovered by a acquaintance or co worker who knew me well enough, explaining it away would be a hard sell. For what reason would i temporarily be in a diaper? They'd know i hadn't suffered an injury if they knew me well enough. It's just a can of worms I'd much rather avoid.

Two, i honestly feel like it's just unnecessarily pushing unwitting people into this in the case of discovery by anyone. Sure, strangers will assume incontinence in most cases, but i usually wear stuff like abu, which may raise more questions.

All in all, since i can stop wearing at anytime, the risks to myself and other's comfort far outweigh any benefit to public wear for me.

your confidence is key for doing out in wearing diapers and no one will notice and even if some do that just ignore it, don't go out soaked and soiled though, I think it's unfair for the other people

I have worn out side in depends diapers for at les 16 years ago, the fear we have are just in in your own head, not one looks for it anyway but I your covered up it has never need a really I find that the people in diapers are the only ones that tried and see .

Yes, we wear diapers, and to do so, without severely limiting our life, involves wearing them in public. Get over it! With proper precautions and discretion nobody knows. I've diapered now for 8 years. I wear a maximum absorbency diaper (often with a booster pad) in public on an almost daily basis. Even after multiple diaper wettings, I never received any indication of anybody being aware of my diaper.

Your problems is you can't let go, you dwell on those feelings so you judge yourself as doing something wrong, you can make as many of these new threads as you like, but you aren't going to get anywhere unless you just start wearing them in public. Either let go of the idea or start doing it, thats what it comes down to.

And, yes, while I love diapers (that's why I wear them), part of me too is deeply ashamed for making this choice, this shame reminds me to be ever cautions and to always remember those little measures needed to remain discreet, and undiscovered.

What I don't understand is why people with IC take to so long to see a doctor.

and for me diapers are not a limiting thing, they are a liberating think for me, I am not tethered do a bathroom.

I used to feel ashamed about it but that reversed as I started it to my test and that was huge mistake
even in the medical would want to use catheters

Kellycares said:
Yes, we wear diapers, and to do so, without severely limiting our life, involves wearing them in public. Get over it! With proper precautions and discretion nobody knows. I've diapered now for 8 years. I wear a maximum absorbency diaper (often with a booster pad) in public on an almost daily basis. Even after multiple diaper wettings, I never received any indication of anybody being aware of my diaper.

I've also worn heavy protection for a number of years. A booster pad or two and waterproof pants, all under jeans more often than not. Unless someone is told or is another DL whom I know, I have no reason to believe anyone is aware of the protection I'm currently using, wet or dry. If I don't want someone to know, NO ONE is the wiser.

DracoAmericanus said:

Cost, and maybe shame, would be the big ones, I know it costs about $70 for me to see a doctor, I'm on a benefit so it becomes a choice between seeing a doctor and buying food.

thank you all for your advice. I believe reinfox nailed it down. but I am surpise my opionin or belefs have nothing to do with going out in public and be as comfortable to the t, maybe, I have to get rid the assumptions I make of the situation at the present moment. I believe the bottom line is just do it everyday and allow time to past and soon you will wear diapers like the the kids do not a care in the world

I keep saying the best way to beat those feelings is to challenge the fear itself. How long are you going to let this bother you? It's a lifelong desire you have and it wont go away.

I was thinking about this last night. What is one good reason society expects us not to behave this way? Maybe because diapers are seen as a sign of weakness or a sign of not growing up? You need them so you obviously have to come to terms with it at some point. But wearing in public can be scary. However, did it ever occur to you that wearing them against your fears is actually a sign of strength? It takes a strong person to stand up to long standing fears and start living their life their way regardless of pervious ideas. Seriously. It makes you stronger.

I've still been wearing every day since April. I usually am out of diapers for a few hours in the morning but usually by 9 AM I'm back in them, regardless of what my day may hold. The fear does go away. And those odd feelings lessen over time. I'm finally at the point where it has become normal for me. That was one of my goals.

Thank you honeycombs

I think the thing I will get rid of the. Thinking it wrong and self judgment and put on some diapers. That is got to be the answer to. My thread. Its going be tough

I'm incon and wear 247. I hide it, so other people's opinions are irrelevant. If people find out, I can't worry myself with that. I need to live my live and unfortunately diapers are a part of that life. Anyone who doesn't like it, can eat shit. I don't have a fetish with diapers so I have no desire to flaunt it or put myself in humiliating situations. I try very hard to keep it private. Sometimes though, if you wear 247, your diaper gets exposed or you leak and other people will figure it out. I don't let it bother me.

- - - Updated - - -

DracoAmericanus said:

and for me diapers are not a limiting thing, they are a liberating think for me, I am not tethered do a bathroom.

I used to feel ashamed about it but that reversed as I started it to my test and that was huge mistake
even in the medical would want to use catheters

Embarrassment and denial are probably the biggest motivators here. I waited a while myself because I really didn't want to go tell someone I was having problems wetting myself and was relying on diapers. Then, most doctors try to shame you out of using diapers. They fail to realize that their meds don't work for a huge amount of people, and their tests are extremely uncomfortable and humiliating. A diaper is often just an easier solution for a lot of people. I couldn't tolerate the side effects or found the drugs to only be marginally effective. To me, a diaper gave me my life back. My urologist always tells me it's his goal to get me out of diapers. I told him during my last visit to give up on that dream because I already have. I'd rather just live my life than be a guinea pig for a never ending onslaught of shit treatments that don't work.

Cost may be another. A lot of people either don't have insurance or have crappy high deductible insurance. I fit in the latter category. I spent over $2000 out of pocket on this issue before my deductible kicked in.

So I need to say its okay to wear diaper.nobody a just do it

We also live in a time of increased tolerance. In a scenario where somebody finds out your secret and decides to deride you over it, just turn it around on them and criticize them for being narrow-minded intolerant people. You don't go around mocking people for their sexual orientation or gender identity without coming off like an asshole this day and age. This is the same. This is an orientation of sorts. One that is hard wired in your brain. So anybody that makes fun of you is in the wrong.

I came to this realization when it occurred to me what would happen if I were tease someone for being gay. I would never do that. I worried that my nasty sister would spread this news to all corners of the globe if she ever found out and never let me live it down. Now I know I could put her in her place for attacking me in such a way. I'd bury her with my strongly worded rebuttal!!!

I agree

So frosted when I chicken out. Its hard to get the fear. Out of you head. I will keep going on this

The times I have worn in Public there were really two things on my mind that, 1). Can they see my diaper poking out of my clothes? 2). Am I standing/Walking weird.

The first problem is an easy fix, I simply wear boxers over my diaper and make sure the elastic on them is over the end of the diaper, that way if shirt or something did reveal my behind or somewhere they would first see my boxers.

The second one I have yet to really fix, as when I wear in public my left leg tends to become strained faster than a normal day without diapers. This could be various reasons, diaper is too tight, it isn't on properly, list goes on. Relaxing is really key and put yourself in the mind that you don't have a diaper on, which helps bring out the confidence that you are not wearing a diaper, then when you can get a bit of time to yourself think about how you are wearing a diaper and no one knows, at least for me that brings me joy.

Worse case scenario is; Someone finds out. In that instance it would depend on who is around you, if it is complete strangers and people you may never see again, WHO CARES?! they may sit down at the dinner table bring it up once for a conversation piece and that will be the history of it. So for that instance put it in your head that no one really cares.

If it is co-workers, then it really depends on their attitude toward things, I have joked around and talked to my co-workers about the idea of ABDL. While on the subject of Kinks and Fetish, I brought it up like "Can you believe that?" I then gauge their reaction to it. Surprise! - (sarcasm), it was on the negative scope, at the same time I felt should they find out, they really won't care and may tease me about it a later date.

Depending on where you live may also matter, I live in a community that just wants to relax and get through another day, I highly doubt that should I be found out I won't see rioters on my lawn wanting me out. People around you may have a new outlook on you maybe negative maybe confused, but the best you can do is simply buckle down, man up and show your confidence that you are still who you are regardless of your little secret.

Hell! LIE ABOUT IT if you get found out "I have been wearing diapers around you guys for years and I was just a little sloppy in hiding it this time! I am still who I am and will continue to be so!"

TL;DR Confidence is Key!

the first two are on my mind but also I want to be sitting with girls. and feel sexy. so when there is guys makes me more tense and not sexy at all. I too but underwear over my diapers long shirt and baggy pants and arpon on . so tell me more about you have relax and pretend you are not wearing a diaper. and get the practice in I wonder if the small confydry diapers will work better then the medium which makes me feel like I am sitting in a half bucket well I hope I don't have to deal with co workers but I think they don't care one cent base on culture and other things. I think the hareassment policy someone said will protect me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back