What's your favorite game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SnowBlitz said:
Modern fighting games are not forgiving at all. Please go play a modern fighting game then try to say this. At this point you're sounding like you've never actually played a fighting game outside of the 90's. I'd go so far as to say you're insulting Professional Gamers.

I played through the recent Killer Instinct game on the Xbox. Was pulling out combos over 40 hits within the first half hour or so. As I said the difficulty curve was non-existent. When playing the original in the arcades way back when it took months to perfect the combos. Timing had to be so spot on. Played Street Fighter IV recently and most of the super moves were the inputs for the special moves in Street Fighter II. I will concede that I have not played all the new fighters, and I know nothing about the pro scene after Third Strike, but I stand by my opinion that older fighters were more technically challenging.

What I will say is the arcade sticks are of a much higher standard then they ever have been. I always thought nothing at home would ever come close to the Neo Geo stick but some of the ASCII sticks the last couple of years are excellent. Maybe that is part of my opinion, the controllers are more accurate so it seems easier? In regards to insulting pro gamers, that is not what I said. I insulted the games rather than those playing them.

AnimeDude892 said:
I'm always into the Need For Speed series, so it's very hard to just pick one. So here's my top 5.

5. Need For Speed (2015)
4. Need For Speed: Carbon (2006)
3. Need For Speed: Underground (2003)
2. Need For Speed: Underground 2 (2004)
1. Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2005)

Honorable Mentions: Need For Speed: Rivals (2013), Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010), Need For Speed: The Run (2011), Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (2002), Need For Speed: Undercover (2008)
Bahaha I loved the need for speed games. My brothers and I used to try and intentionally crash in hot pursuit just to see who could get the funniest/most epic wipeouts.

As far as my favorite game goes, I love so many of them, but my heart will forever remain with the Zelda franchise. I haven't had a chance to play breath of the wild yet, but it looks freaking epic. And as much as people hated it, I actually thought skyward sword was a hoot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Battlefield 4. I love the highly detailed FPS

Tough one, but just off the top of my head...

Okami (ps2 version, not the wii port)
The Lion King on Sega Genesis (I've heard people saying this game is hard but I never had issues with it?)
Uncharted Waters: New Horizons on the Sega Genesis
Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection
Undertale
Stardew Valley

My favorite online games are:
World of Tanks/Planes/Warships
Neverwinter
Warface
Star Trek Online
Heroes and Generals/WWII Online: Battleground Europe
Pirates of the Caribbean Online (If it were still around:()

Favorite Offline Games:
Harry Potter 1-7 (don't quite like EA's console port of the Goblet of Fire though)
The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (Including Hearts of Stone + Blood and Wine)
Assassin's Creed IV (Black Flag) and VI (Syndicate)
COD: World at War
(Maybe) Dark Souls III

MotherFaith said:
I played through the recent Killer Instinct game on the Xbox. Was pulling out combos over 40 hits within the first half hour or so. As I said the difficulty curve was non-existent. When playing the original in the arcades way back when it took months to perfect the combos.

To be fair, KI for the Xbox One has an autocombo feature that IIRC is on by default. Also, the difficulty curve probably doesn't apply so much to you as a veteran KI player.

Going off the top of my head the games I can think of are:
- Final Fantasy VI
- Pokemon Gold
- Halo Franchise
- Deus Ex [Old and New excluding Invisible War]
- Team Fortress 2

Final fantasy 3.
The dig
Natural Selection mod

Well, I was a fan of Crash Bandicoot back in the days, but now I switched to different kind of games! I simply adore foosball table! I am so addicted to it that I decided to buy one for myself but I have no idea which one to get? Did you know that there are like hundreds of foosball tables?!? Does anyone have any experience about them or can someone recommend anything? Thank you so much!

Ivko said:
Well, I was a fan of Crash Bandicoot back in the days, but now I switched to different kind of games! I simply adore foosball table! I am so addicted to it that I decided to buy one for myself but I have no idea which one to get? Did you know that there are like hundreds of foosball tables?!? Does anyone have any experience about them or can someone recommend anything? Thank you so much!

You should try the N-Sane Trilogy :D
Its a nice nostalgia kick to have especially for the Crash Bandicoot series, you wouldn't happen to know the one where you have to fight these other masks would you? Like I think there were 3 or 4 released masks or something as the plot to the game.

As for foosball, my tip is Spin your side fast to either get a goal or lose the ball :L

Noodle said:
You should try the N-Sane Trilogy :D
Its a nice nostalgia kick to have especially for the Crash Bandicoot series, you wouldn't happen to know the one where you have to fight these other masks would you? Like I think there were 3 or 4 released masks or something as the plot to the game.

As for foosball, my tip is Spin your side fast to either get a goal or lose the ball :L

Wrath of Cortex maybe? It introduced a few new masks each with a elemental designation (water, fire, earth, air etc.) and each boss fight was a mask + Crunch Bandicoot.
It's the fourth game in the series and was on ps2 and gamecube, but it wasn't developed by naughtydog.

Man, there is so much more than spinning the rods :D Did you know that those are illegal moves in tournaments? I decided to get the table with special design so I can perform tricks :D I am not sure how to post pictures so I will do it like this. Look at the legs on the players in the end of this site: http://www.foosballzone.com/. Do you see how they are straight? You can carry the ball on them with hours and hours of practice! I am going to get that table and I am going to learn that trick :D

XBOX - Forza Motorsports, Forza Horizon series, Fable
PS/XBOX - GTA series, NCAA Football, Lego Worlds
PC - Planet Coaster, Cities Skylines, FSX

Minecraft, Terraria, Starbound
I love to build! <3​

Mofi said:
I love to build! <3​

I love those games too. Have you checked out Kerbal Space Program? It's kind of like a legos version for rockets. Piece them together, launch them into orbit, and land on the "Mun" (or blow up in the process).

Yup, I have the KSP too ^!^

Onesieman said:
What is your all time favorite game? And why?

My second is Fire emblem awakening on 3DS. When I got my 2DS this was one of the first games I bought for it. It far exceeded my expectations with a colorful cast of characters, an amazing plotline, the choice of turning permadeath on or off, support conversations that lead into child units, and great DLC. FE Awakening peaked my curiosity and I emulated the other FE games, even the Japan exclusives. I love this series.

I love Fire Emblem on the 3DS. I have Awakening and Birthright--I need to get the other two part of that one.

I am also a big fan of Kerbal Space Program--I love building spacecraft and flying them.

For really old-school, I love Eye of the Beholder for the Amiga. I don't have the hardware anymore but I do have AmigaForever 7 and C64Forever 7--for when I want to go really old-school.

- - - Updated - - -

Mofi said:
I love to build! <3​

I have Minecraft and I should fire it up again, I can lose hours just playing that game. I had the Java/PC version long enough to get the Windows 10 Edition for free.

I think my biggest issue with Minecraft and KSP is that my laptop is getting pretty old so it doesn't run things as well. However I will eventually be getting a new laptop.

1) The Legend of Zelda: BOTW
2) Xenoblade Chronicles
3) Metroid Prime Trilogy

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It's hard to list them but these are some of my favorites
- Okami. One of the most visually stunning games I've ever played. It's part of the reason I fell in love with Japanese culture and Shinto gods.

- Pokemon Silver. First game I ever played and brings back a lot of memories of spending time trading with my brother and friends.

- Persona 3 FES and Persona 2 Innocent Sin. Persona games hold a special place in my heart for being the first JRPG's I played. So far no other games I've played have come close to having the same understanding of the human condition while telling a great story to go with it.

- Majora's Mask. My favorite Zelda game. I was very confused the first time I played it but the dark atmosphere really drew me in. Sometimes I'd just stand around in the astral observatory just to listen to the calming music.

- Corpse Party. I'm not the biggest horror fan, but this game stood out in that it makes the player fill in the blanks as to what's happening instead of just showing gore. The story is like something you'd find in a novel, the soundtrack has several memorable songs, and for the most part the characters are endearing and avoid falling for overused anime tropes.

Replying to the OP. . .Half Life 2 and Bioshock are up there Along with Dishonored. I used to have a Top 5. I think Plants vs. Zombies also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back