RE: REPEND Return to "Plastic-Backed" Diaper...

Status
Not open for further replies.

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
RE: REPEND Return to "Plastic-Backed" Diaper...

This afternoon I had to refill prescriptions for myself and I did purchase a 16-count package of DEPEND "Large" adult Dydees at Rite Aid.
I opened up the package and they are "plastic-backed" again. I guess they corrected their mistake of going to "cloth-backed", which was not a great idea.

Anyway, time for me to take a nap in something that feels more like a "Baby Diaper".
:smile1:

Yup, this has been common knowledge on this board the last couple of months. Good on them for listening to their customers. Unfortunately, I just tried them recently and they still suck. Haha

PaddedInPuyallup said:
Yup, this has been common knowledge on this board the last couple of months. Good on them for listening to their customers. Unfortunately, I just tried them recently and they still suck. Haha

​Yes, they still sort-of suck, but at least they are plastic-backed and are noisy when I hobble on my loftstrand crutches.

when they went cloth like I made a direct complaint that they cause me a rash among other tings and they responded with a phone call to get more info, I had a scramble to find as many pre clothlike version and investigate possible replacements, I ended up going with plastic attends , I joined this forum when a friend liked a post about depends going back to plastic, sadly though Rite Aid is the only local place I can find them and some still have the cloth like in there stock, the clothlikes have a purple spot on the front adverting that new "feature" the new run back to plastic lack that purple part
new and old.jpg they are just as comfy and the tapes hold well for a long types of trips, I dribble and don't flood so they work well for me, I can get 10 hours of one depend, but I hope the pics help,

Draco/Rikess

I glad you said. Rite aid

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

I live in Utah an use to be able to get them at k mart . they shut down most stores but now that I know rite aid has them will check it out and stock up. And use fir when im getting low on super dry kids diapers. Thanks for your lead

yeah just make that purple flag is not there and returned to the pre or the new ones,

I like not using the bottom tapes but some lot variation actions they don't always have the better tapes so it's trail and error have a stronger tape.
I am probably one if the that love the depends plastic back, they are my major work horses, I dribble over time over time and don't flood and last a long timer under that type of use, I even going on quad trips with them, that does pose a different problem is I have limited cargo space so I cut the diaper open, dump the insides out in the woods and the take the empty shell and throw that away the correct way, and since the in filling that is biogredrable it makes it a lot easer to throw away the smaller plastic parts in the right area

Cool

Like their plastic back. Yep stock up. They stick out of pants but I don't care. Just like my cuddles did to day but I was comfertable and happy

Thanks for the packaging description as im visually impaired and have a hard time noticing little details like that. I may have to try them, even tho my go- to diapers are abena and dry 24/7 and unique wellness for the summer. I just moved and my stock is getting low and my money for this month is even lower so hopefully i can find a pack.

How do these compare to other Abdl diapers?

InfamousRhino said:
How do these compare to other Abdl diapers?

Depends are good for what they were designed for. I like the plastic-backed Depends and use them as my go-to diaper.

However, just about every true ABDL diaper is more absorbent and last longer but again it depends on your specific circumstances.

yeah these are not even close in absorbency as found in ABDL diapers but these are cheap fairly easy to find and I like them a lot, I only dribble so they work great for me, they are fairly quiet, comfortable, easy to conceal and they hold up to a lot of physical activities, they remind me of the diapers kids had in the late 1980's and early 1990's before taping panels anyway so the tapes tear the backing when changing but only after the adhesive in the tapes have set, so if you put it on wrong you can refasten the tapes with out ripping the plastic, the down side is that they don't handle a full void from some one with a normal bladder capacity.
they are great for just wearing around the house.

i have yet to find anyone who has tried Depends Maximum Protection with Tabs, who did not have a strong opinion on them. Quite a few people hate them, and generally for one very good reason; their capacity is pretty poor. What i love about them is, they (now again) have a great plastic shell, they are reasonably cheap (and will be cheaper once Walmart starts carrying them again), good tapes and for me they fit great. It is easy to 'hot-rod' them by either doubling them up (perforating the shell of the inner diaper), or slipping a baby diaper inside as a soaker. Once they become widely available again they will be the only plastic backed diaper available in common drug stores/pharmacies.

Are they on par in anyway with premium ABDL diapers.. no, but they are great emergency diapers. i usually wear one Assurance Stretch Panel Briefs (Walmart) as my inner diaper as they have super deep leak guards and a Depends Maximum Protection with Tabs as my outer diaper.

Depend makes higher absorbency diapers in other countries. Why not here in the USA.

I made a direct complaint to them about their decision to move to Cloth-Backing. They were very nice about it, gave me manufacturing coupons, and even cash back for my purchase. I can't believe they actually listened though. Bravo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back