Thread: Elevated mood.

Default Elevated mood.

I went from being absolutely depressed, to feeling on top of the world and energetic, I feel uber productive atm.

Generally I'm depressed for a week, or a day, than for a couple days I feel energetic, I get by with little to no sleep at all, I feel ontop of the world, great etc, rarely suicidal etc.

At the moment I'm in my "elevated" mood, and I feel fucking awesome, everything feels so good, music sounds wonderful, everything is blissful right now.

This will last quite a while before it dies down into depression again.

It's like a random cycle, I can't explain this elevated mood, all I can say is it feels like you've won a million dollars, just on top of the world right now.

Oddly enough I feel confident, my anxiety seems to have vanished completely, It feels like the exact opposite of depression, It's not happiness, but feels like a odd surge of sudden energy, It's hard to explain.

Everything is better in this "state of mind" music sounds better etc, everything seems positive etc, oddly enough nothing has changed by my mental state.

My concern is that this sounds like a manic episode related to a bipolar depression. When it comes to depression, I have always said that when you feel 'up' then that is the time you need to plan for the days when you feel 'down.'

My hope is that you will use this time to get in touch with your doctor to receive proper care before it reverts back to depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrunner View Post
    My concern is that this sounds like a manic episode related to a bipolar depression. When it comes to depression, I have always said that when you feel 'up' then that is the time you need to plan for the days when you feel 'down.'

My hope is that you will use this time to get in touch with your doctor to receive proper care before it reverts back to depression.
    This is exactly what I was thinking when I read your post. You really must see a doctor.

[QUOTE=LittleJess;1456951]
    This will last quite a while before it dies down into depression again.

I want to echo Starrunner and dogboy here. It's great that you're feeling on top of the world, but as you said, it's not going to last. Please, please talk to someone you trust if you haven't already.

But at least you recognize what you're going through! That's much better than a lot of people who have dealt with manic-like behaviors associated with depression. Just don't let things get too carried away. . .