which diaper is good during exercise and bike riding

Status
Not open for further replies.

icestorm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I am a dual incontinent 24/7 diaper wearer, now that it is summer time, i have been riding my bike more and been walking and jogging. I feel that during exercise when i use my diaper they sag quite noticebly i wear dry 24/7s or cushies. I am wondering what diaper has good absorbency and can hold a bowel movement, but with less sagging.

That's a tough question because it can be uncomfortable to exercise in a thick diaper. I usually wear a Depend pull-on when exercising, but my daily diaper is a Northshore Supreme, which I have run short distances and hiked in quite a lot. It stays together very well and will be much better protection than a pull-on.

Sagging can be solved with lightweight boxer briefs or compression shorts over your diaper as well as a onesie. I usually wear the former over my Depends when running to keep it in place. Note: I have had bowel accidents in a Depends pull-on and it was no fun :sad:

Honestly pretty much any disposable is going to be poor for exercising rigorously, they'll break up quickly. A thinner cloth diaper would be your best bet to contain fecal accidents as those are more "contain" rather than "absorb."

For my self I find that the plastic backed tape on depends hold up under that type of stress, they may not absorb much but I can easily run a few miles in one with out them turning to crap, I know a lot of people hate depends but this is the major reason I use them, I even hiked into the grand canyon and it took about 2 miles to fall apart, nothing I have ever tried would have lasted half that distance

Yeah Onesies/bodystockings are the way forward man.

I actually have just taken to wearing TENA guards while exercising. I switch back into a diaper as soon as I'm done.

I cycle and the spandex will hold the diaper in place no matter the type. The issue is more about other issues, you will rub raw in minutes and then your in trouble. The mesh underwear and liners are usually your best bet. If you go to any good cycling store get some chamois cream ( something like butt'er) and make sure you use it liberally. Things like Vaseline don't work well since they give up when you sweat a lot.

I'm not sure how heavily you excersize but if you cycle for extended periods like I do the main issue becomes not the diaper itself but the rub it causes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I often wear onesies when im out so that my diaper doesnt stick out, are they good to use during exercise

- - - Updated - - -

I usually jog for over an hr, and when i cycle im gone for a significant amount of time, and the diaper has been chaffing.

The reason I specked out for a plastic diaper is because of friction rash or heat rash, plastic slides, cloth like does not, some of the worst rashes I have had where from fiction, in my manner of IC I need a diaper all the time, I will need to look at chamois cream as well, I have never heard of it and Vaseline does not work at all, in a lot of brands of diapers I find are not compatible to Vaseline of anything that has it in it, it attacks the glue that holds the elastics in place along the leg gathers and leak guards and have even had the inner lining separate from the leg gathers and have it all fall apart.

I hate tight clothing with a passion so a onesie would not be something for me, while they may work great the feeling of it would drive me nuts, Autism for the win, not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back