Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why so nervous about telling friends?

Default Why so nervous about telling friends?

I've heard numerous people here say that they're afraid to tell friends that they wear/like to wear diapers. I have told my close friends that I like to wear, and they are all very chill about it. It isn't as "omg" as everyone thinks it is, so mt question is, why are so many of you nervous when it comes to telling your close friends about your problem/desire?

Butterfly Mage

Well... because even though most folks are reasonably broad-minded, there is still the very real possibility that a close friend will turn on you. I had a similar ugly incident years ago when I first came out of the closet as being gay. A friend I had for ten years disavowed our friendship as a result. It hurts when that happens.

Maybe not all are friend are as "chill" as yours
    besides witch there is no point in telling them really, in most cases it would just kill the relationship or make it awkward.

In my opinion you got lucky, no offense or anything
    but its good that your friend are excepting... i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by englandfan13 View Post
    I've heard numerous people here say that they're afraid to tell friends that they wear/like to wear diapers. I have told my close friends that I like to wear, and they are all very chill about it. It isn't as "omg" as everyone thinks it is, so mt question is, why are so many of you nervous when it comes to telling your close friends about your problem/desire?
    The simple answer is "Not everyone is the same."

That's like me saying you should tell your parents and everything will still be fine since that was my case. However since my case turned out good should everyone do exactly what I did, hell no. Some parents wouldn't even want to understand and may do something drastic such as kick their kids out of the house which HAS happened before.

Also there's no real point in telling ones friends unless they are romantically involved and even then it's a bit hard to tell when and why you should tell.

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by centende View Post
    Maybe not all are friend are as "chill" as yours
    besides witch there is no point in telling them really, in most cases it would just kill the relationship or make it awkward.

In my opinion you got lucky, no offense or anything
    but its good that your friend are excepting... i suppose
    which* and accepting*

And I completely agree with this.

Just because you seem to choose very awesome friends, doesn't mean all people are like that. Congratulations to you though, good job.

Not nervous really. Think about it. Discussing bodily functions is close to the top of the TMI category. Unless you're expecting your friends to participate, or you're incontinent and want to give them a heads up, there's really no reason to say anything.

Butterfly Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Not nervous really. Think about it. Discussing bodily functions is close to the top of the TMI category. Unless you're expecting your friends to participate, or you're incontinent and want to give them a heads up, there's really no reason to say anything.
    Right. If you're incontinent and you plan on spending a considerable amount of time with your friends (like going on vacation together), they're pretty much going to have to know. But most people are probably more understanding about incontinence than fetishes. If it happens to occur in the same person (ie someone incontinent who likes wearing diapers) I don't see the point in talking about the second part.

Since I started wearing I always wondered if I could ever tell friends, and I'm honestly glad I didnt....

First off, I am a private wearer, so I dont see the point of telling anyways. I dont want my guy friends wearing diapers with me, and any girl that I know knows I have a girlfriend.

She knows and I keep diapers in my drawer at her place.. she's not interested tho.

I have dreams sometimes about myself wearing them around with other people and they get interested and want to wear, and it's all fun... but in reality that would not happen.

It's something personal and private even best friends don't need to really know (I feel)

Hmm, not just them accepting, a lot of teenagers I'm sure go through the "we aren't friends anymore!" phases. I know I did several times when I was younger... what if your friends knew, and used that against you as a result?

idk, just be careful about who you tell.

Just make sure you know that the person is trustworthy if you want to tell them. People are scared to tell their friends because they're worried about how their friends will react.