Economical DL Diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfamousRhino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey everyone! I am looking to see if anyone has done any research or knows which ABDL diapers are the most economically favorable. Basically, I am trying to figure out if there is a specific diaper with the best capacity to cost ratio. Of course looks are important as well but I am okay with almost all the ABDL diapers on the market (looks wise). Thanks for any information you have.

it really comes down to getting a good fit, and being able to sit comfortably in the product... there isn't one right answer to this. Abu has some good options, if you don't mind the lack of prints dry 24/7 has a good product. I cuteness is a concern ABU has several options.

rennecfox said:
it really comes down to getting a good fit, and being able to sit comfortably in the product... there isn't one right answer to this. Abu has some good options, if you don't mind the lack of prints dry 24/7 has a good product. I cuteness is a concern ABU has several options.

I primarily ask because I noticed the stark price difference between ABU diapers and rearz. Not sure if the difference is because of my location (US.) or if there is a big difference between the capacity. Also I very much require prints of some sort.

InfamousRhino said:
I primarily ask because I noticed the stark price difference between ABU diapers and rearz. Not sure if the difference is because of my location (US.) or if there is a big difference between the capacity. Also I very much require prints of some sort.

Prints are going to raise the cost exponentially, you can use stickers too, companies don't always price the same either, sales help if you have one you do like. At a certain point absorbency doesn't mean alot as you wont likely get full capacity in normal circumstances.

Unless you need the capacity, most ABU and Rearz probably aren't going to be contenders for "most economical" even if they did have the best capacity-to-cost ratio, simply because most IC change in a more reasonable timeframe than most DLs. ie most IC just aren't going to be using them to their capacity and so are wasting product and lowering the effective capacity-to-cost ratio. The sweet spot for most daily wear is going to be probably with Abena Xplus or Confidry from what I've seen. ABU's preschool is actually a good contender too though, they're a lower capacity diaper intended for daytime wear, at a lower price. (probably the highest quality medium capacity diaper on the market right now, and one of the best values IMHO) They're the diaper I've chosen as my daytime wear. I actually don't wet them very often, but am looking for something with about that much thickness, and the price is reasonable for the premium features they have.

Oh I would also like to add the MyDiaper line to my suggestions. It's a fairly recent arrival, but comes in a surprising variety of shell art. (they apparently have just released an all-black version too) Capacity, wicking, tapes, and leak guards are all good. They ship from Germany but are still somewhat reasonable to get in the USA. (they really need to get a good priced outlet in the USA!) Price is very reasonable. They are in that "half a size small" group of diapers along with tykables etc, so be sure to order larger or get samples first. I prefer their overnight blue with white clouds pattern personally.

Last edited:
If you're not limited to disposables (by privacy concerns, laundry facilities, or personal taste), you could always look into cloth diapers. The upfront cost for the diapers and plastic pants is higher than disposables, but in the long run, I think they're the most economical option around.

I recently purchased a Leak Master all in one adult cloth diaper like this:

http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/PRODUCTS_2/CLOTH-DIAPERS_2/Leak-Master-Adult-All-In-One.html

Unfortunately for me, I am limited in my ability to use it since I share laundry facilities with someone who doesn't know about my ABDL side, but in my limited experience, there's nothing more satisfying and "real" to my AB side than wearing that cloth diaper under an adult onesie with a paci in my mouth! Super regressive!

There are other options for cloth, too, which can get way more economical than a purpose-built all-in-one style diaper. I just chose the all-in-one style because I'm not a huge fan of plastic pants, and the particular all-in-one I chose comes with a waterproof PUL outer cover (the same material as high-quality plastic pants).

One downside, in comparison to ABDL-oriented disposables, is the lack of cute prints available, but I think there are plenty of places to get very babyish onesies that will amp up the "little" factor immensely!

tl;dr Cloth diapers are a cheap option and there're good ways to make them babyish.

tg4selfcheckout said:
If you're not limited to disposables (by privacy concerns, laundry facilities, or personal taste), you could always look into cloth diapers. The upfront cost for the diapers and plastic pants is higher than disposables, but in the long run, I think they're the most economical option around.

http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/PRODUCTS_2/CLOTH-DIAPERS_2/Leak-Master-Adult-All-In-One.html

Unfortunately for me, I am limited in my ability to use it since I share laundry facilities with someone who doesn't know about my ABDL side, but in my limited experience, there's nothing more satisfying and "real" to my AB side than wearing that cloth diaper under an adult onesie with a paci in my mouth! Super regressive!

There are other options for cloth, too, which can get way more economical than a purpose-built all-in-one style diaper. I just chose the all-in-one style because I'm not a huge fan of plastic pants, and the particular all-in-one I chose comes with a waterproof PUL outer cover (the same material as high-quality plastic pants).

One downside, in comparison to ABDL-oriented disposables, is the lack of cute prints available, but I think there are plenty of places to get very babyish onesies that will amp up the "little" factor immensely!

tl;dr Cloth diapers are a cheap option and there're good ways to make them babyish.

Not huge into cloth diapers and in 2 months all my laundry will be in a communal area. I'm not much of a little honestly, primarily just a DL.

Honestly not really into cloth diapers but I appreciate the suggestion! Also not much of a little, primarily just a DL.

I believe ABU Preschools are the cheapest diapers you can get with cute prints. Beyond that, ABDL diapers are pretty expensive, even the ones without prints. If money is a concern, then medical diapers would be your best bet. Tranquility ATNs and Abena X-Plus would be my recommendations, depending on how tight money is.

If you're primarily just a DL then you'd probably be just as happy with a good medical style diaper as opposed to an ab style diaper. That said buy in bulk if you want to save especially with ab diapers. The cheapest good ab diapers I've ever tried were tykables overnight(my favorite actually). Although currently they appear to be out of stock and likely making major product changes as indicated by their social media posts. Hopefully they don't change their cover which is the softest plastic I've ever known and I love it and hopefully they don't increase costs anymore than they already have recently. They used to be like $25 a bag and then 10% off for each additional bag.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

tg4selfcheckout said:

Hey tg4

Very curious about the Leak Master, as I like the idea of cloth and not contributing the landfill. At 45 bucks you would need to wash these 45 times to break even with disposables. Will it stand up to that? I take it these are all sewn together and do not come apart for washing. It seems like a very thick item to wash and dry and hold together through multiple washing.

Can you add layers to this for more protection? How many oz's will it hold?
I really like the idea that you don't need plastic pants. Are there other options with cloth and built in waterproofing?

Or if I do get fold-able cloth is there a reasonably soft waterproofing layer that is not the bulky standard?

I'd like to take advantage of whatever research your guys and gals have come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back