Status
Not open for further replies.

blablafreckenlover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Is anyone else stuck between diaper sizes. For me I'm between medium and large most of the time. I can't seem to get the tapes on the landing strip in mediums, and I feel like larges swallow me whole and I have to tape them really low, which leaves a lot sticking up over my waistline that folds over. Between the two I prefer large because it feels a little more secure on me, but neither one feels like the perfect diaper fit I used to get. Anyone else having similar problems or am I the only one?

Some diapers come in ''regular'' size. These are for folks who are in your situation.

I feel your pain, for me with mediums I have no trouble with the top tapes but can only just Secure the bottoms right on the edge of the wings. Also feel that the large are far to big too, wish there was an intermediate size.

I have recently tried betterdry and the tops were about three inches from the edge and couldn't do the bottoms at all. I found though that I can get a very secure and comfortable fit by cutting the bottoms off and just using the tops. Will post a pic shortly of how I cut them off.

- - - Updated - - -

I could trim the front wings proportionately but am quite happy with the fit leaving them as they are.

IMG_1896.jpg

I'm between small and medium, but still find a way to sport both. You're not quite alone.

For me with ABU, mediums are perfect, large too big but with other brands I'm a large as medium is a bit tight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm between size 1 and XXL. :smile:

Oh you mean between two adjacent sizes? I have that problem with jean sizes but not for diaper sizes. I am pretty much always a medium for tabbed diapers.

I too am in a similar situation. I am unfortunately, fairly average when it comes to Americans. I carry about 20-30lbs. of weight that i shouldn't. That puts me right in between the medium and large sizes. I recently bought some bambino magnifico s/m and while they are considered fairly large for "mediums," they fit me well. My first real ABDL diapers were crinklz and i am very glad i opted for the large size, but they are still a bit big on me.

They need to make a "husky" size that is between the M and L size. Just my opinion.

Monkeypuzzler said:
I feel your pain, for me with mediums I have no trouble with the top tapes but can only just Secure the bottoms right on the edge of the wings. Also feel that the large are far to big too, wish there was an intermediate size.

I have recently tried betterdry and the tops were about three inches from the edge and couldn't do the bottoms at all. I found though that I can get a very secure and comfortable fit by cutting the bottoms off and just using the tops. Will post a pic shortly of how I cut them off.

- - - Updated - - -

I could trim the front wings proportionately but am quite happy with the fit leaving them as they are.

View attachment 29337

that's pretty clever. I might have to try that.

- - - Updated - - -

DLanon said:
I too am in a similar situation. I am unfortunately, fairly average when it comes to Americans. I carry about 20-30lbs. of weight that i shouldn't. That puts me right in between the medium and large sizes. I recently bought some bambino magnifico s/m and while they are considered fairly large for "mediums," they fit me well. My first real ABDL diapers were crinklz and i am very glad i opted for the large size, but they are still a bit big on me.

They need to make a "husky" size that is between the M and L size. Just my opinion.

I agree. I'll add on and say that some of these companies really need to reevaluate their size ranges. Some of the medium diapers so they can go up to a 40" wait, but there's just no way someone like that is going to fit in that diaper for very long comfortably. Same goes for larges saying they can accommodate a 32" waist. If someone with a 32" waist got in a large diaper, the diaper would probably fall off of them, or they'd end up taping over the wings cloth diaper style just to get it on tight enough. If they adjusted those ranges I think they'd see the hold in between sizes where a fair amount of ppl seem to be stuck.

I right there with you, best diapers to wear, medical type - dry 24/7 mediums and xp medical size regular. ABDL diapers - abu simple, little paws, space. Rearz safari medium, Tykables size 2, crinklz large, bambino magnifico / bianco stretch. (sorry for some misspellings)

- - - Updated - - -

FYI - I'm a 34" waist, but I'm nearly 6'1, I like the top of my diapers to be just below my belly button and the back end to rise just into the small of my back, or the back side to be slightly higher than the front side.

blablafreckenlover said:
that's pretty clever. I might have to try that.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. I'll add on and say that some of these companies really need to reevaluate their size ranges. Some of the medium diapers so they can go up to a 40" wait, but there's just no way someone like that is going to fit in that diaper for very long comfortably. Same goes for larges saying they can accommodate a 32" waist. If someone with a 32" waist got in a large diaper, the diaper would probably fall off of them, or they'd end up taping over the wings cloth diaper style just to get it on tight enough. If they adjusted those ranges I think they'd see the hold in between sizes where a fair amount of ppl seem to be stuck.

I also agree, I have a 30" waist and wearing Crinklz medium the tabs barely reach the front of the diaper so how they expect someone with a 40" waist to fit into one is beyond me

I'm in between a small and medium. For most brands I wear a medium, but a few are just too big on me (e.g. Dry 24/7 and Rearz Safari). Every diaper is slightly different and everybody has a slightly different shape, but yeah, I've always been between sizes on clothes.

Diapers are actually supposed to come up high on the waist. They aren't supposed to fit like underwear. Yes, it isn't natural, but, that's the idea for protection.

I'm also in between sizes and usually go with the larger size. Some companies have a ridiculous gap of sizes (Looking at you Northshore) though. The reason for this, is that, if it's to small to fit comfortably around the legs, your tapes will be really tight and uncomfortable. Also this will lead to premature leaking. You're stretching the leak guards and leg gatherers away from the crotch of the diaper, instead of making a protective cup in the middle of the diaper, it's only a plate, with the leak guards pointing towards your legs giving an avenue for liquid to escape. The leg gatherers are so tight that it doesn't caress the natural curves of your body. Its so tight that you have gaps created around muscle and bone curves in your crotch. Its the reason that a lot of people have leaking issues. Your waist size isn't on top of your hips, it's around your belly button.

The bottom tapes of diapers are also supposed to fit around the hips, not pulled shut around the leg.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I had the same problem a few years ago. Mediums where just a little to tight and the sticky tabs would break so had to use large which was a bit big n would sag n just generally be a poor fit. The answer was a popper vest from cuddlz, they hold ur diapees nice n tight Even after wetting

Blueboy said:
I had the same problem a few years ago. Mediums where just a little to tight and the sticky tabs would break so had to use large which was a bit big n would sag n just generally be a poor fit. The answer was a popper vest from cuddlz, they hold ur diapees nice n tight Even after wetting

Can you give a link to the popper vest from cuddlz that you're talking about?

ClandestineWing said:
I'm between small and medium, but still find a way to sport both. You're not quite alone.

Yep, me too. I'm swimming in ABU or Abena mediums, but I can barely tape the smalls without leaving red marks from them being so tight. I've been making SDK smalls work lately, but barely...

Dry 24/7 Medium and Tykables size 2 are right between most others' mediums and larges, and fit me perfectly...

WildBlueCrinkle said:
Dry 24/7 Medium and Tykables size 2 are right between most others' mediums and larges, and fit me perfectly...

^This^ I would also like to add that: Crinklz large, Cruddlz Large and bambino magnifico / bianco stretch medium's.

Don't forget, diapers are not supposed to fit like underwear. They are intended to fit like a diaper. That means they should extend up to your waist line (near your belly button).

If it feels like you're "swimming" or engulfed in a diaper, then that's probably because you're used to low rise, hip hugging, underwear. Give it time, and wear the size you need for a proper fitting. You'll get used to it sokner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back