Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wonder Woman Movie

Default Wonder Woman Movie

Wonder woman. I can't wait to see this movie. The trailers and previews make this look like it's going to be the kick-ass movie of the summer. It's the first major superhero movie with a strong female lead (ignoring of course, Halle Barry as catwoman which was an abysmal disaster.

The movie is scoring between 93 and 95 on rotten Tomatoes, making it the highest scored superhero movie to date.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#29618e5078bf

Gal Gadot rocks it as Wonder Woman. She was the only bright light in the dull, brooding Batman v. Superman and she stole every scene she was in.

DC has been getting clobbered by Marvel in the movie theatre and they desperately need this one to be a hit if they ever hope to make a dent in the competition. Aside from the Dark Knight trilogy, which was excellent, every DC movie has fallen far short of expectations. Marvel, on the other hand, hasn't made a single error with one hit after another. DC is attempting to kick off a Justice League franchise, similar to Marvel's Avengers, with single stories leading up to the formation of the Justice League later next year. Unfortunately the quality has been dismal (Green Lantern) the stories have been dull, plodding, and lacked humour (Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman, Suicide Squad).

I think wonder Woman might be the biggest hit of the summer, but I'm still not sure if DC has the vision to build on its success.

As an aside, I also can't wait for the new Spiderman movie.

I've always liked Wonder Woman. I'll probably wait for streaming or DVD though, given my awful audio experience trying to see the last Star Wars. Unless it makes it to the drive-in. Certainly the perfect drive-in movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    I've always liked Wonder Woman. I'll probably wait for streaming or DVD though, given my awful audio experience trying to see the last Star Wars. Unless it makes it to the drive-in. Certainly the perfect drive-in movie.
    I wish we still had drive-ins around here. I miss those days.

I saw it last night with some friends (one of whom got through it without a diaper). It's by far the best thing in the DC Cinematic Universe I've seen or heard of (haven't watched Suicide Squad yet). I wasn't that interested after Batman V. Superman, although Wonder Woman was one of the few things I liked in that movie. I thought everything was going to be dour and unpleasant like the other movies. The trailers set a different tone and it was great to see that they could do a movie that engaged with some heavy concepts while still maintaining Wonder Woman as a hero and genuinely good person. It's given me a modicum of hope for what might come in the future for DC movies.

As someone who was looking for it, I can say for certain that this was a bad movie made great in the editing room. As a film, the dialogue is all over the place, and there's about as many holes in its plot as a fine Swiss cheese. However, it's fun, entertaining, and does not revolve around regrettable plot choices, which immediately makes it far better than anything else in the DC Cinematic Universe.

Will it stand up to a second viewing, though? That is the question.

It's nice to see DC doing some female characters right (WW, HQ) as opposed to that dreadful last season of Social Justice Girl... er I mean Super Girl

I'll be boycotting this movie due to a stupid segregation sexist publicity stunt one theater decided to commit corperate suicide with.

Sorry but a Female only showing is wrong and counter productive.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    I'll be boycotting this movie due to a stupid segregation sexist publicity stunt one theater decided to commit corperate suicide with.

That rubbed me the wrong way as well but I don't see what it has to do with the movie. It's all about that theater. If I avoided movies based on what other people did with them, I think I'd be missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    That rubbed me the wrong way as well but I don't see what it has to do with the movie. It's all about that theater. If I avoided movies based on what other people did with them, I think I'd be missing out.
    Honestly, this is a non-issue that has been overblown beyond belief. The screenings for 'women only' were additional screenings that were included after the release of the movie. It was not an exclusive sneak peak where women only were allowed. It was also only two or three screenings for a movie that was going to open in approximately four thousand theatres, all of which would be showing them three or four more times a day.

Every single superhero movie has been made to appeal to young men and 'fanboys,' and they are the ones who make up most of the audiences for this genre of movies. This is the first major blockbuster for a woman superhero and it took seventy five years for it to get here. No harm in women getting together and celebrating the fact it finally arrived.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#121b874860ce
    Last edited by Starrunner; 07-Jun-2017 at 17:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrunner View Post
    Honestly, this is a non-issue that has been overblown beyond belief. The screenings for 'women only' were additional screenings that were included after the release of the movie. It was not an exclusive sneak peak where women only were allowed. It was also only two or three screenings for a movie that was going to open in approximately four thousand theatres, all of which would be showing them three or four more times a day.

Every single superhero movie has been made to appeal to young men and 'fanboys,' and they are the ones who make up most of the audiences for this genre of movies. This is the first major blockbuster for a woman superhero and it took seventy five years for it to get here. No harm in women getting together and celebrating the fact it finally arrived.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#121b874860ce
    Yes but reverse the roles and a men only screening would have made international news as intolerant or sexist. Fair is fair. I will not pay money for this movie. I'll just watch it on DVD when my friend buys it.

Equality means equal not special privileges.