Rubber pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank9127

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm looking for good 3XL Rubber pants and can't find. Can anyone please help me. All my plastic pants are stiff on the legs. HELP.

I am not sure of any body that sell "Rubber pants". but my preference are from BabyPants.com.

I suggest getting on eBay or Google and doing a search for them. I know I have seen Rubber Pants listed somewhere, but I cannot remember the site. Hope this helps.

They are on ebay frequently--under 'adult baby pants' --I have seen both green and pink latex rubber pants. Also you might find them at rearz.ca .

If you want rubber and not latex, be careful and read the fine print. Some sellers confuse the two.

I thought latex was natural rubber. Please explain the difference.

chuck said:
I thought latex was natural rubber. Please explain the difference.

I'm afraid I'm showing my age. Latex is a plastic product where rubber was originally made from the gum of the rubber tree. Rubber may be a plastics product today, but it would be made to be just like the original rubber. I think rubber is thicker and smells differently. They used rubber pants back in the '40s and '50s, though latex came on the scene in the 1950s. Latex was probably cheaper and certainly lighter in weight.

I do have some of the Kins (Babykins) rubber pants. They seem to be stronger and more tear resistant than the latex pants sold by Kins. Latex rubber is from natural source material, sap of the latex tree. Rubber is a chemically produced compound such as nitrile rubber used for gloves. Plastics such as PVC, polyvinyl chloride, or PU, polyurethanes are a different family of chemical chains using different feed stock.

Last edited:
Thank you Fetlife.com have what I'm looking for

I think that rubber pants would make you sweat a lot more.

Real rubber pants are heavy as well. HDIS used to have them and may still.

Frank,
I just want to chime in that I haven't used them but I know others that have. You need to take care of rubber pants or they will go south quickly. Search online for care instructions.

ArchtopK said:
Real rubber pants are heavy as well. HDIS used to have them and may still.

HDIS still has them in the 'on-line' catalog. The real deal.

I've used them over the years and still prefer rubber pants with cloth.

- - - Updated - - -

try HDIS.

The best real rubber pants, where the home made ones, linda brownleigh form Incon years ago had a guide to making them, and I've made myself several pairs thru the years, nothing like the feeling of peeing and containg up to a half gallon and sloshing in heavy cloth diapers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I can imagine rubber pants can be quite uncomfortable p, I bet the sound like you are wearing a plastic bag around you waist.

- - - Updated - - -

Then again, I've never worn plastic pants or cloth diapers before

Angelic said:
I can imagine rubber pants can be quite uncomfortable p, I bet the sound like you are wearing a plastic bag around you waist.

- - - Updated - - -

Then again, I've never worn plastic pants or cloth diapers before

Rubber and plastic are different things. Rubber pants tend to be quieter, more rustly vs. plastic pants, which can be more crackly. Of course disposables are usually crinkly if they're plastic backed. I'd say it's all pretty much the same but varies depending on what you're after. Cloth diapers can be pretty comfortable, although they stay wet, which can be less appealing over the long term.

dogboy said:
I'm afraid I'm showing my age. Latex is a plastic product where rubber was originally made from the gum of the rubber tree. Rubber may be a plastics product today, but it would be made to be just like the original rubber. I think rubber is thicker and smells differently. They used rubber pants back in the '40s and '50s, though latex came on the scene in the 1950s. Latex was probably cheaper and certainly lighter in weight.
is this becoming an episode of Soap? confused? you soon will be....

'rubber' and 'latex' are the same thing; 'rubber' is the english word (from India Rubber and describing it's first use, for to rub out pencil mistakes) and 'latex' is the foreign word (describing it's liquid form).
as if that didn't cause enough confusion, then came along man-made rubber/latex. :laugh:

and i have to come clean (see how i get the soap and rubber sexual joke in? :cool:) in that both me and my dad worked in a rubber plant factory, handling natural and man-made rubber :biggrin:

Are rubber and latex the same thing?

Answer
"No, but many people use the words as if they both referred only to natural rubber, the material derived from the milky white sap of rubber trees. There are actually a large number of materials characterized as rubbers or, more generally, as elastomers. These vary widely in chemical structure and application, and all of them synthetic except for natural rubber.

Chemically speaking, a latex is a dispersion of extremely small particles of an insoluble liquid or solid material in a liquid. The particles are almost always polymeric, and the liquid is usually water. Most latexes also contain a surfactant to keep the dispersion stable. Water-based paint is a latex, and so are the starting materials used to make ordinary rubber gloves. Natural rubber latex is used to make natural rubber gloves, nitrile rubber latex is used to make nitrile rubber gloves, and so on.

Unfortunately, the work "latex" is also used as a synonym for natural rubber itself. Before the first few decades of this century, natural rubber latex (rubber tree sap) was unique. So at that time there was no confusion when the terms "latex" and "processed natural rubber" were used interchangeably.

Later in this century, when scientists finally began to understand the physical and chemical nature of natural rubber latex, they realized that synthetic versions could be made, and began to use the word "latex" as I defined it above--as a general term for the physical and chemical phenomenon. That's the source of the confusion."

Bless the internet's pea pick'n little heart. There's an explanation for everything. So, today's rubber pants are made from synthetic latex, I'm assuming. It's made to resemble old fashioned rubber. Am I right in this ade?

My parents called them Rubber Pants, even though they were just regular 1980's Gerber PVC pants. I like calling any such waterproof underwear type item Rubber Pants. I used to have a song I sung in my head when I was little too lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back