Status
Not open for further replies.

CookieMonstah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Something similar to this has probably been posted before but I was wondering, is there a good way to eliminate diaper smell? I'm talking about #1 only here.

Usually I will put my used diapers into a plastic bag, I won't tie it until I need to throw it away or it becomes too heavy and I won't put anymore in. In the summertime I keep my window open 24/7, sometimes even 2 but I can still get a bit of a smell. My dad knows about me wearing and shouted at me last week for coming into my room and smelling the bad smell.

Unfortunately my bin isn't big enough to hold that many diapers, especially adult ones. Is there a better way of keeping the smell down?

Drink plenty of water and dispose they in the outside rubbish bin and not let them build up in you trash bin in your room

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

I say just put it in your garbage. Cans or dumpster. Or you have. To keep it sealed. That's all you can do

The problem is here in the UK our general rubbish is collected every 2 weeks, and the bin is quite small compared to our recycling bins

Wrap them up in plastic grocery bags like plastic sausages to seal in the odor. This is also assuming you dispose of them by taping them into little, heavy balls. And then I usually toss it in with other garbage. If I'm worried that someone might have to root through the trash to find something that got thrown out by mistake, sometimes I'll just dump the contents of our shop vac on top of the can or dispose of my dog's business in a bag on top.
Don't keep them around either. Toss them. No smelly diapers, no smells.

CookieMonstah said:
The problem is here in the UK our general rubbish is collected every 2 weeks, and the bin is quite small compared to our recycling bins
Try using large zip lock bags they are air tight so this might work. But drink more water. Pee shouldn't smell unless you are dehydrated

alltimefun said:
Try using large zip lock bags they are air tight so this might work. But drink more water. Pee shouldn't smell unless you are dehydrated

I always try and drink a lot when I wear so I can get the most out of my diapers and stay hydrated but sometimes I won't and there's a smell

You should always be hydrated it doesn't matter if your in a nappy or not. I carry a large water bottle with me all the time to avoid being dehydrated

CookieMonstah said:

no doubt that's just the UK trying to encourage recycling. But full-time diapers generates a lot of trash. Any family with say, three kids, ought to generate as much added trash as you do, so they must have some way to deal with that.

alltimefun said:
You should always be hydrated it doesn't matter if your in a nappy or not. I carry a large water bottle with me all the time to avoid being dehydrated

I usually drink with every meal, meaning I drink like 3 glasses of juice and usually some tea in between

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep them in a sealed trash can with a generous layer of baking soda at the bottom to help absorb odors. Don't keep them too long either but that's obvious. I don't suggest air fresheners straight in the can because then it'll just smell like dirty nappies with a hint of sweetness lol

If you have an adult diaper genie those things are amazing. I don't have one per-say but I have the Litter Genie which is the same thing for cat litter. There could be litter clumps sitting in that thing for a week and you wouldn't be able to tell.

They can be pretty pricy but you can also make less effective DIY versions if you wish. Could probably find a tutorial on YouTube. If you want to buy one of these I don't suggest buying the one made for babies since the opening is much smaller. You could get the cat one seeing as the opening is larger but it might still be a bit of a tight fit for a full adult diaper. And the pail itself would probably only hold like 4 or so before needing to be thrown out.

One thing I did forget to mention was that I can't just take my rubbish to a bin outside so easily when my parents are almost always around and brother home from 5:30pm weekdays and pretty much all day on weekends

Has anyone tried or thought about using dryer sheets to cover up smells just a suggestion.

Since your father knows you wear, get a baby diaper genie or some such container that seals. I use a kitchen trash can that I line with Fabreeze scented garbage trash bags. The smell doesn't escape that, but we also have trash collection every week.

double bag, scented bags help

dogboy said:
Since your father knows you wear, get a baby diaper genie or some such container that seals. I use a kitchen trash can that I line with Fabreeze scented garbage trash bags. The smell doesn't escape that, but we also have trash collection every week.

Both my mother and father know I wear but my dad would probably flip if he saw I had a big bin for diapers. He called me a tw*t last week because I wear diapers so yeah, he can be really angry sometimes

CookieMonstah said:
Both my mother and father know I wear but my dad would probably flip if he saw I had a big bin for diapers. He called me a tw*t last week because I wear diapers so yeah, he can be really angry sometimes

Get some nappy bags then because they are big enough to fit a adult diaper and take them to the big bin out after you change you nappy so it avoids being in your room creating a smell

Move out as soon as you can, if you can. No one should have to live with the added stress of parental or sibling bullying.

Kenn said:
Move out as soon as you can, if you can. No one should have to live with the added stress of parental or sibling bullying.

I've only just finished my first year of university and I have no money

CookieMonstah said:
I've only just finished my first year of university and I have no money

Get one that doesn't look like a diaper bin, get one that just looks like a big trash can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back