If diapers became a fad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way I don't think I would really care. It's not like I can stop wearing diapers myself being incontinent and all as long as there's still good quality diapers.

It would be great because then my wife would maybe accept it.

OT: That Nickelodeon show had lots of skits involving diapers. I remember one where a kid was in an orphanage so he never got toilet trained and still wore diapers at age 10 or so. That skit always stuck with me.

I would like it as well, I would not need to worry if plastic is sticking out, greater awareness would mean less tress for my self

Wouldn't really impact me, except maybe making diapers more accessible

This would be 101% awesome. For those of use who wear mainly for convenience & comfort it would vindicate our long-held views that wearing a nappy is a practical and pleasant method of toileting. But more than anything, the opportunity to share the experience would be amazing. Imagine being able to chat about nappies to just anyone, to hear their stories, show-and-tell when you've found a new product or whatever. I'm not at all secretive about wearing and could talk openly to anyone about it, but usually don't get the opportunity because it's not appropriate.

There's a variation in which the concept of wearing for convenience becomes fashionable and everybody wants you to think they are at the bleeding edge, but only a few actually muster the courage to do it themselves. This would have most of the social benefits and de-stigmatise wearing, but without the practical knock-on effects of huge increases in manufacturing volume or generation of waste. The elite who practise what they preach and go around visibly padded would be the envy of everyone else.

I think it would diminish my fun. I could always walk around saying that I was one of the ODWs (original diaper wearers) and that everyone is copying me.

Did anyone forget the fact that if A large portion of society decided to start wearing diapers, the environmental impact of this? The pollution and resources needed to make them, plus the fact that they are thrown away and end up in the landfill.
"The Union of Concerned Scientists has estimated about 18 billion diapers are thrown into landfills every year. And a 1998 study by the Environmental Protection Agency found that diapers made up 3.4 million tons of waste, or 2.1 percent of U.S. garbage in landfills that year."
It could end up being 20% of the landfill filled with wet rotting diapers and of course the gel/sap that makes up the majority of the space used.

Such a scenario would be most welcome in my opinion.

MickeyM said:
Did anyone forget the fact that if A large portion of society decided to start wearing diapers, the environmental impact of this?

eh, this is people we're talking about. There's a lot of us. And we are our own limiting factor. Heck, think of the environmental impact of say... brushing our teeth. Or using cell phones. Or watching TV. Diapers may not be the MOST environmentally-friendly habit to have, but it doesn't rank very high.

Also you'd have to consider the global response. Look at how plastic was a wonderful idea until everyone had it and thew it away and was wrecking the environment. Now look at all we do to recycle. (the same was true of steel, tin cans eeeverywhere, and now steel is THE most recycled material on the planet)

It wouldn't take long to adapt to more diapers. There are already several projects working on using diapers for fuel for example. (Japan's latched onto that pretty hard iirc) There's a lot of energy in a diaper. I'd wager it's a good competitor with coal. (though you have to invest energy and materials into a diaper to manufacture it in the first place)

It would be ike when Nirvana's music become popular. When they released 'Nevermind', all the idiots of the world suddenly decided it was cool. The radio stations decided to play 'alternative music.' They had no idea what Kurt Cobain was singing about and they didn't care. Those of us who had been listening and enjoying punk rock, alternative, what-ever-you-want-to-call-it knew that the general public wasn't listening for the same reasons. They were listening because it was suddenly cool. They were listening because it was popular.

Would it matter to me if diapers were suddenly popular? Yeah, it would. I hate fake people. The world is full of them. It would only be a good thing is people actually used them for what they were meant for, not simply for looks, sexual reasons or some other lame desire. If that were the case, then it would be a good thing because demand would give us better diapers.

MickeyM said:
Did anyone forget the fact that if A large portion of society decided to start wearing diapers, the environmental impact of this? The pollution and resources needed to make them, plus the fact that they are thrown away and end up in the landfill.
"The Union of Concerned Scientists has estimated about 18 billion diapers are thrown into landfills every year. And a 1998 study by the Environmental Protection Agency found that diapers made up 3.4 million tons of waste, or 2.1 percent of U.S. garbage in landfills that year."
It could end up being 20% of the landfill filled with wet rotting diapers and of course the gel/sap that makes up the majority of the space used.

I've heard that it's only like one part of a diaper that doesn't biodegrade properly, most of it is raw materials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooner or later, there will be a way to dispose of diapers in an eco-friendly fashion. It's just a matter of time. So I don't worry about that part.

If diapers became a fad, or became mainstream, that would be totally awesome. Incontinent people wouldn't have any embarrassing adjustment period. Kids who wet the bed could take to using diapers without any fear of stigma.
Personally, I would be more willing to wear diapers in public, since they are quite convenient and more comfortable than underwear as long as it's not too hot outside.
We could also have cool designs that are neither medical-ish or babyish, which for me is the perfect design.

The world is already changing. Come on let's face it while we are still viewed as weird it's way more socially acceptable than it ever used to be. You have people mentioning about wearing during tv interviews. It's not dwelled on but it's there. There are good YouTube content creator's putting out accurate and quality ABDL content like Littlelolikat. While we may never be main stream and I'm 100% okay with that. The more accepted it is that we are out here, and we are the way were are the better.

As an add on to the times they are a changing. Look at the ABDL market as a whole. It's gigantic compared to say even 5 years ago. Adult babies can buy jumpers and onsies with little trouble. Want a pacifier to fit you? No problem.

If you want to see how much things have changed all you have to do is look back and see where we've been.

I think people are just changing and people are more open to share there likes and dislikes. I think the baby boomer generation is one of the last generations that view anything that is remotely medical "conditions" should be hidden and is embarrassing (catholic guilt)
The new generations are opening up more and more and can communicate better using social media. I'm a generation Y (circa 1985) but the newest generation that are becoming adult (millennials) are very open to each other and the world, and its not just diaper wearing..thats just spill over, it should be very interesting in the next 10yrs... we might implode after a point.

I doubt it'll implode completely. Those of us who truly are the way we are, aren't going to change. Me being a DL has been a part of me my whole life. I don't see that ever changing, regardless of whatever is popular.

pampers4U said:
I think people are just changing and people are more open to share there likes and dislikes. I think the baby boomer generation is one of the last generations that view anything that is remotely medical "conditions" should be hidden and is embarrassing (catholic guilt)
The new generations are opening up more and more and can communicate better using social media. I'm a generation Y (circa 1985) but the newest generation that are becoming adult (millennials) are very open to each other and the world, and its not just diaper wearing..thats just spill over, it should be very interesting in the next 10yrs... we might implode after a point.
I think you might be right. Catholic guilt! I can attest to that one! That was one of my issues I had to overcome. And each generation seems more accepting than the previous. I always assumed this was a dark secret I'd take to the grave but the way the future keeps playing out with surprises I never would have dreamed of as a kid (adult baby diapers!!!!) there may be a day within my lifetime when I don't have to live in fear of the outside world knowing my lifestyle.

While I wouldn't want it to be a fad, but just more accepted to wear diapers at any age, including older kids and teens. That age group gets shunned by adults the most, even just for bedwetting.

Calico said:
What if all of a sudden it became acceptable to just wear diapers? People started wearing the for road trips or long lines or traveling or going to a movie, school, etc. How would you feel? Would you hate it because you are no longer in the minority or would you love it?

Calico.
What a great thread you've made. If it became a fad I don't think I'd feel any different. I use em at work.
Astronauts em, even airline pilots use them. I also can't say I'd hate it. As I'm a much more understanding person then
most of the folks in this world. If your using a diaper, cool. It's just like choosing
to put on certain kinds of clothing it's as simple as that, a type of cloth like clothing.

This scenario is also the one I bring up any time the classic, "If you could stop being ABDL/ using diapers, would you?" question. I always said if that was the case, living in a magical world where wishes work, I'd wish to have a more accepting outside world. I don't have any personal issues about me wearing diapers or being babyish. But the larger outside world gets wigged out by it. Me being ABDL isn't the problem. The problem is the intolerance and ridicule from a mean-spirited society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back