If diapers became a fad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
What if all of a sudden it became acceptable to just wear diapers? People started wearing the for road trips or long lines or traveling or going to a movie, school, etc. How would you feel? Would you hate it because you are no longer in the minority or would you love it?

I guess I can picture finding and interacting with a few more people who are also interested in this.

but on a whole, I dont think it would change much, for me nappies are intimate. If nappies were a fad, I dont think I would suddenly feel the need to be intimate with the padded masses.

I expect it would be nice to know when out and about, but as a whole, It would still be something private.

what an interesting question though!

This question popped up because I have seen discussions on Wrongplanet about their special interests becoming a fad and how much they hated it. Like meerkats Manor became a popular TV show so all of a sudden everyone was into meerkats. You would think people on the spectrum would love it if their special interest became socially acceptable because they then can talk about it now because people will be interested but apparently not. Then fidget toys have become a fad now and they are not talking about how much they dislike it being a fad so it got me thinking if people with fetishes would hate it if their fetish became a fad such as with diapers.

I think it has had a few chances (Miley, Dr Phil, CSI, underwareness), but hasn't.
I think it is generally too taboo or gross for the majority of people to consider wearing diapers for convenience sake. Most people probably picture wearing a diaper as having a poopy blowout and crying for mommy.
Historically adult diapers have been associated with incontinence in the elderly, but I do think convenience wearing is becoming more common.
If more people started to wear diapers as normal attire, it would likely generate new and hopefully better designs.

I wouldn't love it, but I would like it. For whatever reason diapers might or could become a fad, at the very least that would bring about a better understanding, and level of social acceptance. And who doesn't want to be accepted more.

Plus, I'd be able to wear a tee shirt or have a bumper sticker that says I wore diapers before they were cool.

I think it would be great but after while. It will not fun. And risky. It would. Be like still wearing. Plan underwear. And boring

I think it's interesting how some other fetishes are becoming more mainstream. I have a friend who's a furry, and he's totally out about it. "Yeah, I like to wear a fur suit, it's a bit weird, but so what." There's also more mainstream acceptance of LGBT people . . . not to conflate that with a fetish, but at one time no man would admit to wanting to wear women's clothing or live as a member of the opposite sex.

I could see diapers getting a bit more like that if we had some champions.

It wouldn't change my feelings or orientation. It would be really nice for it to be accepted in the mainstream. I wouldn't have to use so many levels of discretion when going out, for instance. Right now, there is a slight pre-occupation with cleverly hiding my secret under layers of baggy pants and big shirts. I wouldn't jump on any sort of bandwagon though, waving my identity as an ABDL around carefree but knowing I could without much danger would be welcome.

I wouldn't really care outside of possibly finding better prices on diapers.

Depend has certainly tried to make diapers more mainstream/acceptable recently with their ads. But I don't think they got much traction.

Probably make changes when I'm out a little easier, so there's that.

Back in the '80s, there was an episode of You Can't Do That On Television where the topic of the show was fads. One of the skits I always remembered had the kids at Barth's Burgers, but they were dressed in diapers and baby clothes because that was the current fad. I recall one of them saying something along the lines of, "It just ain't cool to use the can!", implying their new fad had some element of "realism" to it. LOL.

Would it bother me if diapers were to become a fad/ more mainstream, no it would not. I don't think it would be very likely to happen as diapers have been associated with either babies or you've got incontinence. The biggest problem more than any thing would be more a environmental one when it comes to disposal because if you have more people disposing how would you deal with that.

I think it would be fabulous but I can imagine it being even more difficult to order ABDL Diapers since all the norms could be snapping them up.

Tommycombs said:
Back in the '80s, there was an episode of You Can't Do That On Television where the topic of the show was fads. One of the skits I always remembered had the kids at Barth's Burgers, but they were dressed in diapers and baby clothes because that was the current fad. I recall one of them saying something along the lines of, "It just ain't cool to use the can!", implying their new fad had some element of "realism" to it. LOL.

let me know if you can dig up a clip of that, I'd find that entertaining to watch

Argent said:
I think it would be fabulous but I can imagine it being even more difficult to order ABDL Diapers since all the norms could be snapping them up.

That is one way of looking at it or it could also be a good thing because the market could be bigger and it could mean ABDL Diapers get cheaper because of a larger production scale but that could mean cheaper quality products.

Another positive might be P&G could be persuaded to release a Pampers for Adults line...one can dream anyway :)

Interesting question.

It wouldn't change too much for me. I might me a little less concerned with how well hidden my diaper is when going out in public than I am now. And I think it would open up additional vendors/products.

Even with this as a fad, I wouldn't expect too many people 'displaying' their diapers.

I'd certainly have mixed reactions if that were to happen (It's not going to happen, but still an interesting thought experiment).

On the one hand, it'd certainly be nice to not have to worry about having people discovering this fetish and having a bad reaction to it since diapers are common, and it would be cool to talk about diapers in the same way that I'd talk about any other interest I have and not worry that people would think I'm nuts for liking them.

On the other hand, it's kind of cool essentially having a secret ABDL life that so many people would never suspect since diapers and ABDL are so contrary to all the other stuff I like, and I don't like following the mainstream in a lot of ways.

Though if this were to happen, essentially nothing would change as I'm already fairly secretive and wouldn't really reveal this to others even if it was mainstream, and I do have some ABDL friends that I can talk about diapers with nonchalantly before switching to some random subject.

bambinod said:
let me know if you can dig up a clip of that, I'd find that entertaining to watch
No kidding. I think I've only seen that episode once but have always remembered it. That show did sometimes play with diaper humor. There was another skit once where a kid had to dress as a baby so his dad could take baby pictures of him. Apparently he lost the old photo album and was trying to recreate the pictures so he wouldn't get in trouble with his wife. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back