Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i've got a problem

Default i've got a problem

hello all,

i'm a bit hesitant to splash it on this forum, but here goes,

i'm all my life IC, and due medical stuff, my sexual parts are non existent.
    i was born into the wrong body, and i'm officially Genderdysphoric, ( not feeling ok with the given body and gender you where born with)

the problem is, how do i cope with stuff on a sexual base?
    i'm not an aphrodite, but real parts are not present either.
    should i go to a therapist and work out a way?

thanks

Hey Maximusheronimus

I can imagine your in a very frustrating place at the moment.

A visit to a professional therapist, if this is doable, is most likely the best approach you can take.

I have only had one brush with therapy, so I'm not much help on the affordability. I found it to not be for me. I felt as if some stranger was prying into my thoughts.

I suppose it did not help that at the time I was in grade school and was being told to go by parents. which lasted all of 2-3 visits. My lack of opening up made it a bit of a waste.

I have heard that with therapists, it takes a while to find the right one for you, that just being a therapist does not actually mean that they are going to be helpful to you, or that they will be able to tell you the rights and wrongs of situations on merit of their position alone.

With that said, I am guessing that you do have insurance at the moment? as someone who it seems has had a past of medical episodes I would be surprised if you do not.

My first suggestion is talking to your insurance provider about what your options are, as well as the monetary side of things with them.

The hardest thing you may do is take action towards reaching out past the internet, but I believe you can and will do it.

On adisc, its not uncommon for shorter threads or vague posts by new individuals to be met with short responses, or no responses at all. I think it has to do with the amount of trolls that have wandered through at one time or another. Providing more information, painting a picture for us of an individual as opposed to a screen name and a few scattered posts, may help you garner more responses, as well as more helpful suggestions in the future.

I hope some of what I said is helpful, and that you are able to not only find help outside adisc, but within.

There's a great Pulitzer Prize winning novel called "The Middle Sex" you might read. It brings some humor to the dilemma. It might give you some direction as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MommyandMattling View Post
    I have only had one brush with therapy, so I'm not much help on the affordability. I found it to not be for me. I felt as if some stranger was prying into my thoughts.

I suppose it did not help that at the time I was in grade school and was being told to go by parents. which lasted all of 2-3 visits. My lack of opening up made it a bit of a waste.

I have heard that with therapists, it takes a while to find the right one for you, that just being a therapist does not actually mean that they are going to be helpful to you, or that they will be able to tell you the rights and wrongs of situations on merit of their position alone.

With that said, I am guessing that you do have insurance at the moment? as someone who it seems has had a past of medical episodes I would be surprised if you do not.

My first suggestion is talking to your insurance provider about what your options are, as well as the monetary side of things with them.

The hardest thing you may do is take action towards reaching out past the internet, but I believe you can and will do it.

On adisc, its not uncommon for shorter threads or vague posts by new individuals to be met with short responses, or no responses at all. I think it has to do with the amount of trolls that have wandered through at one time or another. Providing more information, painting a picture for us of an individual as opposed to a screen name and a few scattered posts, may help you garner more responses, as well as more helpful suggestions in the future.

I hope some of what I said is helpful, and that you are able to not only find help outside adisc, but within.
    Hi MommyandMattling,

i'm kinda fresh as member, and i'm not a lurker or troll, my post was to me kinda hard to write down because of utter shame,
    do i have to take it more explicit? i've got to leave it PG13 as the forum tells me.
    i'm feeling hesitant now because of your post about vague posts as new member.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximusheronimus View Post
    Hi MommyandMattling,

i'm kinda fresh as member, and i'm not a lurker or troll, my post was to me kinda hard to write down because of utter shame,
    do i have to take it more explicit? i've got to leave it PG13 as the forum tells me.
    i'm feeling hesitant now because of your post about vague posts as new member.
    Hey there. Sorry to hear about your troubles. It is fine to post short posts if that is what you are comfortable with but without more information it is hard for others to respond with any real help. The difficulty is we cannot see into your mind and guess all the thoughts that are swimming around. Explicit does not have to mean sexually explicit, it can simply mean more focused detail and references to what you are trying to seek advice on.

Sometimes therapy can come from the most unlikely places. It is not always the case that you have to seek professional advice, although this is thoroughly recommended! I know people that use art, such as drawing or writing a blog, to get their thoughts out into the world and express themselves. Maybe a close friend or family member can take some time to listen to your troubles. Just letting it all out to someone can really help relieve the stresses of life.

If you are happy to share more with us here then you will find support from many places. Take your time as there is no rush. The better we get to know you the better we can tailor help and offer advice or resources. Whatever you decide just remember you are not alone and plenty of folk here will be happy to help. Best of luck and I look forward to getting to know you some more.

Hi MotherFaith,

thanks so much !

well here goes....

i'm born with CFND syndrome, and underdeveloped genitalia. also i'm into the wrong body being transgendered and suffering of IC... the list goes on and on...
    because of lack of real genitalia, and being IC, this makes it quite difficult to say the least, i just wanted to share some info and maybe fill in the gaps later... so now i am.
    i've seen lot's of hospitals in my life and i lost count with therapy...
    i felt like to register to the forum to share some stuff, and build up info along the way...

hope this makes sense now

Quote Originally Posted by HeronimusM View Post
    i'm born with CFND syndrome, and underdeveloped genitalia. also i'm into the wrong body being transgendered and suffering of IC... the list goes on and on...
    because of lack of real genitalia, and being IC, this makes it quite difficult to say the least, i just wanted to share some info and maybe fill in the gaps later... so now i am.
    i've seen lot's of hospitals in my life and i lost count with therapy...
    i felt like to register to the forum to share some stuff, and build up info along the way...

hope this makes sense now
    It does paint a better picture of the situation, I had to look up the CFND condition to get a better idea though.

You do mention that you have been to therapy in the past, I am assuming this is both physical therapy as well as emotional/psychological?

When was the last time that you had a confidant either in therapy, online, or in person?

Someone who is not just passing through your life, that you can honestly take comfort in sharing some of the bothersome things in your life, even if all they can do is lend an ear?

also, if it is not too intrusive of me, have you found anything that has helped you with this in the past? aside from what has brought you to Adisc =P

Also, as a Post Script, I was moving this weekend, I'm sorry I did not reply to your thread sooner with the attention it deserves.

i've seen a lot of people, and no one really got the job right,
    they even had the mindset for a possible dangerous case because i've got some medical problems, having a different mindset, and wearing diapers
    i'm saving money to get some women sextoys, thats as far as my own capability's mindwise are suitable