Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 3 Suggestions for a Newbie?

Default Top 3 Suggestions for a Newbie?

So I've been doing a lot of reading on here- and I'm truly grateful that this community does provide A LOT of information. But I'm finding it a little overwhelming trying to sift through it all. I consider myself very blessed that I don't have any traumatic experience that has "induced" being a DL, it's just kin of snuck up on me. . .

So, as I come to terms with being a DL and not wanting to fight it any longer, I'm hoping that people would be willing to offer what they would consider their "Top 3" suggestions for a newbie (general or specific advice, whatever).

Got anything?

For me, when I first joined, I read a lot of the threads and posts before I had a lot to say. That way you quickly learn what is acceptable by the standards of the site, and what isn't.

I also discovered that sometimes intent, what you mean to say, may not be effectively conveyed in print and sentences. In public, we say so much with our facial expressions, laughing, etc., but in print, all that is lost. I always edit what I've written, not only to catch grammar and spelling, but to make sure I'm not sounding harsh, shouting, sarcastic, etc. Sarcasm is dangerous when written because one can't know the intent and it can be easily misinterpreted.

The other thing is not to insult another person's sensibilities. By that, I mean that we are a diaper site. We enjoy wearing and using diapers for their intended purpose, but some people may get grossed out by someone's articulate description of messing a diaper. There is a yuck factor. We also have members on this site who are genuinely incontinent. Some have little or no attraction to diapers. They simply have to wear them, so I always try to consider their feelings. I'm careful describing what I might do because I'm 69 years old, and no one really wants a mental image of that. It's different if you're 22, or young.

These are just three ideas. I'm sure others will have more and probably better. Anyway, good of you to ask.

1. Accept you need to wear, figure out how often
    2. Don't do something stupid (become dependent if you can't afford them, throw out all your diapers because you are having one of those periods where you want to purge)
    3. Get over worrying about wearing around strangers, they don't care what you are wearing.

I wish I knew those three bullet points from rennecfox earlier. They're all really good.

Sent from my P902/A900 using Tapatalk

One the accepting part does this help you to not have self hate for wanting. To wear diaper when the non diaper.say it is wrong to wear diaper

Quote Originally Posted by makena43 View Post
    One the accepting part does this help you to not have self hate for wanting. To wear diaper when the non diaper.say it is wrong to wear diaper
    If you accept yourself, you don't care what someone else thinks about you.

Quote Originally Posted by rennecfox View Post
    If you accept yourself, you don't care what someone else thinks about you.
    SO True

Realize this is the way you are and that won't change. It's an innate part of your being which is why purge cycles are so destructive not only to our spirits, identity, and mental states. Fighting a harmless part of yourself because of fear of what the normal vanilla world thinks of us is pointless and will get you nowhere. To hell with what ignorant outsiders think of you.

Once again, this is harmless. Take care of yourself and your own business.