Tykables stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

INCONTAL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
ANY one know when they plan to get more diapers in?

Good question.

I went to buy a case tonight, running low!

Anyhow, anyone know, is there a rep on here per chance?

Is there any interest in some Snuggies Waddlers size Large? I have about 11 bags of the originals. (I stocked up when they went on sale just before they went out of stock and changed to "Tykables") I also seem to have just as many Overnights and Tighty-Whities. (total of 11 bags between the two) Again size Large.

Yes there's a Tykables rep here, though we don't hear from him all that often.

Well,

I would be but I need medium...

Yeah, I would love mediums as well. I never got a chance to try them out.

Since Barebum and Tykables are made on the same line, does anyone get the feeling that Casey bought out Barebum to tie-up the production line and squeeze Tyk?

I think tykables is trying to grow to fast. And can't keep up with demand. I believe he just open a store in Australia. Also every time he goes to an event he seams to run out too.

This is just what I was talking about in another thread. After constantly running out so many times, you'd think they would order more frequently (such as once every month instead of every other month, or whatever frequency needed). Their total inventory wouldn't grow by that much or if any, but their storage space wouldn't be so empty all the time.

Plus, they'd sell more diapers overall. And that means they'd make more money, while also have a better reliability rate with customers. But whatever.

Frustrated here as well. Had to get my last order from ABDL Factory as Tykables was sold out. Todaler - can you help us???

Yeah it a bummer. I like there diapers sometimes the abena irritate me. I have a good supply of the pleather. But don't like how the black rubs off on my bed pad. Im saving them for the winter when it's not to hot for plastic pants.

INCONTAL said:
Yeah it a bummer. I like there diapers sometimes the abena irritate me. I have a good supply of the pleather. But don't like how the black rubs off on my bed pad. Im saving them for the winter when it's not to hot for plastic pants.
I've noticed that too. It is rare, but every once in a while I notice a bit of transfer/rub off.

INCONTAL said:
I think tykables is trying to grow to fast.
Definitely. But, in their (sort of) defense, they made no secret of their plans to grow too fast. Prior to the release of their original Waddler diaper, then-Snuggies sent out an investor packet with a downright comical business plan in it. The plan stated, in very general terms, that they meant to dominate the world diaper market. Oddly, though, beyond accumulating new facilities, they seem to spend most of their money on relatively niche products, like black/leather-themed diapers and diapers aimed at the BDSM community. Not that I have anything against those (they're not for me), but I get the feeling that Tykables diapers are, first and foremost, an expression of the owner's own diaper preferences--which, as a niche within a niche, probably aren't the sort of focus that can sustain the company long-term.

Great post Cotton tail. They need to bring the plain white ones back. The prints im sure turn off some of the incontinent folks. They do make a very absorbent product at a reasonable price. Im thankful for that. Hope they don't get greedy in the future.

Tungsten said:
Since Barebum and Tykables are made on the same line, does anyone get the feeling that Casey bought out Barebum to tie-up the production line and squeeze Tyk?

From what I can tell, there's a number of different diapers using a similar / the same machine, based on the size and shape of their shells and several general construction similarities. I don't think they're capable of squeezing anyone.
- tykables
- barebum
- mydiaper
- qtty rawr
- bambino (all except magnifico)
- kitten and idyl
- carousel
- totaldry plus (and probably also totaldry xplus, what the bambinos are based off)
- superio

and there are others. these all fit the same, about 1/2 size smaller than many other brands.

- - - Updated - - -

ProudPaddedBro said:
I've noticed that too. It is rare, but every once in a while I notice a bit of transfer/rub off.

So they're not using black PVC, they're actually coloring the outside of the shell??

Yes its colored.

bambinod said:
Yes there's a Tykables rep here, though we don't hear from him all that often.

I check the website almost every day and respond to direct questions when I see them. Unfortunately, there is not a great way to automatically let me know when someone says something unless they literally ask me directly.

Tungsten said:

I can say that we have had talks with ABU as far back as when Casey bought the company about partnerships. ABU first approached us about a partnership back then but could not offer a way to partner, though we were open to the idea. They also declined 100% of the ideas we came up with, though they approched us with nothing. Recently We did offer an idea to ABU which they, as always, said no to. They then offered to buy Tykables but wanted to fire the entier staff of Tykables after doing so. We thank them for being so upfront but simply could not agree to such an arrangment. It seems that they then bought Barebums insted. Maybe they were in talks before, but then they waited a several months to anounce it.

Slomo said:
...you'd think they would order more frequently (such as once every month instead of every other month, or whatever frequency needed). Their total inventory wouldn't grow by that much or if any, but their storage space wouldn't be so empty all the time.

Frequency is only one of many factors and even placing an order assumes that the manufacturer does not have a delay or the shipping; or any number of other things. We, in the past, have used other 3rd party fulfillment centers in the USA as well as Canada and the UK as well which means when there is no inventory in stock we do not pay for the space. This has both an advantage and disadvantage in that you only pay for what you use, as you use it, but it also has a slightly higher price as well. We will be moving to a new location that is internal so that we can bring down the cost slightly and help regulate some of the flow as we are growing larger. We also used to keep about 2 - 3 months worth of inventory on hand in each market but we had a bad quarter in manufacturing which depleeted the reserves. We have been working to produce enough inventory to replenish the reserves as well as stock the shelves long enough for the next order to arrive which can take upwards of 8 weeks in total. That math means we have been working to manufacture about 12 -16 weeks worth of inventory to then manufacture 8 more weeks worth. The numbers as you can see start to climb FAST.

Cottontail said:
Definitely. But, in their (sort of) defense, they made no secret of their plans to grow too fast. Prior to the release of their original Waddler diaper, then-Snuggies sent out an investor packet with a downright comical business plan in it.

This is true dispite us not wanting to do this. Many people didn't want to invest unless we gave them our plan. In the end we got the money we needed the problem is that we then also gave our plan to every competitor and person wanting to start their own diaper comapny. Hence the problem with being SO open.

Cottontail said:
The plan stated, in very general terms, that they meant to dominate the world diaper market. Oddly, though, beyond accumulating new facilities, they seem to spend most of their money on relatively niche products, like black/leather-themed diapers and diapers aimed at the BDSM community. Not that I have anything against those (they're not for me)...

We have not accumulated any new facilities and do not own our own manufacture, no ABDL company does. Most of our money does not go to niche products, not by a long shot. The black/leather themed product was acutally the most requested product we had. We opted to drop the all white product because bluntly you can get a white diaper most places. Every competitor we have has one. A black diaper was the most requested product we had by far. However there are other black diapers out there. We mocked up about 5 different designes and asked DL's which one they liked. Then we went to people who were not in to the community, but knew of it or people into it, and asked them which one they liked. We went with the print that pretty much tied for top pick by DL's and the number 1 pick by people not in the scene. The idea is simply to offer a product that people not into the scene were more comfortable with so that we offered a product that more people would be comfortable with and be willing to incorperate the diaper into play.

Cottontail said:
...but I get the feeling that Tykables diapers are, first and foremost, an expression of the owner's own diaper preferences--which, as a niche within a niche, probably aren't the sort of focus that can sustain the company long-term.

Nope, not at all. I am an AB through and through and I like bright colorful prints. While I do attend BDSM events both personally and as a company I have never really been into the scene. Simalarly that I have been to over a dozen Fur Cons over the years but I am not a fur either. I go with friends who are and to generally expose myself to other groups and things like that. We made the Pleather line because a black DL diaper was the most requested diaper request. From the BDSM side of things, I do not and would not flag Yellow, which most people find ironic. lol

todaler said:
I can say that we have had talks with ABU as far back as when Casey bought the company about partnerships. ABU first approached us about a partnership back then but could not offer a way to partner, though we were open to the idea. They also declined 100% of the ideas we came up with, though they approched us with nothing. Recently We did offer an idea to ABU which they, as always, said no to. They then offered to buy Tykables but wanted to fire the entier staff of Tykables after doing so. We thank them for being so upfront but simply could not agree to such an arrangment. It seems that they then bought Barebums insted. Maybe they were in talks before, but then they waited a several months to anounce it.

1.) Tod - The conversation you are referencing was agreed to be 100% confidential and wouldn't be made public by either side. We kept our end of the deal and only two people on my team in executive roles know that we spoke and the parameters of our conversation. Now i'll take a moment to clarify my side of this story.
2.) The first idea you approached us with was not going to work, and I explained why it wouldn't work for us. Since you didn't mention the idea here, I'm not going to bring it up.
3.) The second idea about us working together in a more intimate sense and acquiring your company didn't have any reasonable ways to work due to internal factors of your organization that I will not drag out in public.
4.) You admitted that you had ZERO part time or full time employees except yourself, and I stated that we were not looking for any more cooks to add into the kitchen after we spoke. That's not firing all of your staff - that's just not giving you a job if you sold us your company as I didn't think that you and I (and you and my own team) would be a compatible fit to work together long term.
5.) I left the conversation with you civil and open-ended with the parameters of how we COULD move forward, but you didn't reply.

I'm severely disappointed that you broke our gentleman's agreement to have confidentiality here, and so publically. This is extremely unprofessional. You're burning bridges unnecessarily.

With regard to the BareBum deal, most of it is confidential (with the why/how). But what I CAN share is that it came about rapidly, both teams made decisions fast, and it was well after you and I had spoke. I think it's also okay for me to share that BareBum approached ABU, not the other way around. They were a competitor that we had a great rival relationship with and we never had any ill-will toward each other. We reached out to them very early on when they started, just as we did with you, to introduce ourselves and let them know that we like to have friendly rivals and we like to play nicely in the sand box.

My advice to you: Get back to basics and focus on making a great product and quit worrying about what everyone else is doing. Build a solid customer base and provide excellent customer service.

-Casey.
CEO, ABU.

Last edited:
klo555 said:
My advice to you: Get back to basics and focus on making a great product and quit worrying about what everyone else is doing. Build a solid customer base and provide excellent customer service.

Great advice, you should do the same and not worry about what I say unless it is false.

Popcorn munching intensifies

Tykables continuing to dig themselves into a hole. Pretty sure this just emphasizes the problems I've had with their management in the past. Safe to say I'll be sticking to ABU brands and sites like XPMedical at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back