Status
Not open for further replies.

DiaperedBedwetter1998

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I know I posted this last year but i'm gonna post this again because there's just a few minor changes to the post that I did last year. Anyways, since Summer is coming up next month, and even though it's still a month away to the end of spring, What are the best diapers to wear during the Summer?

Mine is Attends Overnight Briefs because it's comfortable to wear when it's very hot outside because it's cloth backed and even though these do not have leak guards and it can hold a lot, it's still worth the comfort in my opinion.

Let me know what you think of what's the best diapers to wear during the Summer?

Cheers.

Northshore Air Supremes. Hold a lot, don't leak, fit well and breathe.

Don't know why they get hated on, but Abena M4 AirPlus are super comfy when it gets hot. Absorb a lot, easy to retape and cool.

I really haven't found a disposable that stays comfortable for any length of time in the summer heat. I think if bambino would release a thinner version of the magnifico they could have a really good summer daywear. The clothlike stretchy sides on them seem to do really well for me to prevent my hips from getting sweaty and itchy, and the rear waistband helps in the back too. But they're too thick (and a bit too expensive) for daywear. Maybe call it the "Magnifico Lite" or "Magnifico Daytime"?

For now I'll just probably continue with my plastic preschools (the cloth sided one stretch waaaay too much during the day) and dump on as much powder as I can manage.

Confidry is comfortable for me. I used to living in Florida too, so heat isn't too much of a problem anymore.

The SoSecure Swim Diaper, an essential for every diaper user in the summer time, ;)

dto-containment-swim-diaper.jpg

I will be wearing cloth diapers and I like the swim diaper I will have to try it :smile:

They don't work for swimming like you'd think they should.

Not sosecures fault, but everyone has what's called the small of the back. It is the concave shape of your back, right above the hips line.

This means no matter how tight you get the swim diaper on, there will always be a gap at the top of the back waist band. Of course, that means water WILL get in the swim diaper.

Add in the leg bands will be snug or tight, and water will NOT be able to drain out properly. They will blow up like a water filled balloon, and it will be noticable when you get out of the water.

TheGnD said:
The SoSecure Swim Diaper, an essential for every diaper user in the summer time, ;)

dto-containment-swim-diaper.jpg

Have you tried these personally? I've been trying to find reviews and what-not on them since I'm looking into getting a non-disposable swim diaper for myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo said:
They don't work for swimming like you'd think they should.

Not sosecures fault, but everyone has what's called the small of the back. It is the concave shape of your back, right above the hips line.

This means no matter how tight you get the swim diaper on, there will always be a gap at the top of the back waist band. Of course, that means water WILL get in the swim diaper.

Add in the leg bands will be snug or tight, and water will NOT be able to drain out properly. They will blow up like a water filled balloon, and it will be noticable when you get out of the water.

Swim diapers aren't meant to keep water out, they are meant to hold on to fecal matter for a pretty short amount of time, basically about as long as it would take to get out of the pool. They are designed to NOT be absorbent. At the same time they are designed to keep as much water in as possible to prevent pool water contamination. The fabric inside the diaper is just there to help cling to fecal matter for a short time.

ClickyKeys said:
Have you tried these personally? I've been trying to find reviews and what-not on them since I'm looking into getting a non-disposable swim diaper for myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Swim diapers aren't meant to keep water out, they are meant to hold on to fecal matter for a pretty short amount of time, basically about as long as it would take to get out of the pool. They are designed to NOT be absorbent. At the same time they are designed to keep as much water in as possible to prevent pool water contamination. The fabric inside the diaper is just there to help cling to fecal matter for a short time.

Tried them, I own two pairs (well just one now). And the outer layer of a sosecure is completely waterproof, the inner layer is like felt. That means it will absorb some water. More importantly though, with the leg seals it will "hold" a bunch of water even though it won't be "absorbed". When getting out, you need to break a leg seal to allow it to drain.

And personally, I need a swim diaper that actually will hold a little bit of water, not a lot though. The problem with not holding any water is that you're not going to always be in the water. Meaning that while you're out of the water and leaking pee, everyone around you is going to notice the yellow pee trail your making.

I have found that a reusable pad and pant system, without the pad liner, tends to be the right ballance. It holds just enough to get me to/from the water, while not holding so much it balloons up or so little it leaves a pee trail. I do still break the leg seal when getting out though, just to make sure it draines well enough.

Slomo said:
Meaning that while you're out of the water and leaking pee, everyone around you is going to notice the yellow pee trail your making..

I think that is your issue. Swim diapers aren't meant or designed for urinary incontinence. Chlorine neutralizes any bacteria in urine. Swim diapers are specifically for fecal incontinence. Those with just urinary incontinence don't need swim diaper, just people with fecal incontinence.

The problem with a swim diaper not holding any water is that bacteria in fecal matter will get out if the water can get out easily. They have to retain water to perform their function.

For pee, you're supposed to let that out of the swim diaper while in the pool if that occurs. The ballooning you're describing is something that I as someone that is fecally incontinent expects a swim diaper to do. It is proof of it performing its job. A swim diaper that doesn't balloon is a swim diaper that can't be trusted.

ClickyKeys said:
I think that is your issue. Swim diapers aren't meant or designed for urinary incontinence. Chlorine neutralizes any bacteria in urine. Swim diapers are specifically for fecal incontinence. Those with just urinary incontinence don't need swim diaper, just people with fecal incontinence.

The problem with a swim diaper not holding any water is that bacteria in fecal matter will get out if the water can get out easily. They have to retain water to perform their function.

For pee, you're supposed to let that out of the swim diaper while in the pool if that occurs. The ballooning you're describing is something that I as someone that is fecally incontinent expects a swim diaper to do. It is proof of it performing its job. A swim diaper that doesn't balloon is a swim diaper that can't be trusted.

Uh, I am urinary incontinent, and I do need a swim diaper. Again, not for while I'm in the water, but to/from it.

It get you being fecal incontinent, you need something more than I do. That doesn't mean I don't need something that will work for me too though.

Slomo said:
Uh, I am urinary incontinent, and I do need a swim diaper. Again, not for while I'm in the water, but to/from it.

It get you being fecal incontinent, you need something more than I do. That doesn't mean I don't need something that will work for me too though.

Yeah that does end up being a conundrum for urinary incontinent folks when outside the pool. Swim diapers don't have absorption so as you said they'll just leak a pee trail when out of the pool if you aren't careful.

ClickyKeys said:
Yeah that does end up being a conundrum for urinary incontinent folks when outside the pool. Swim diapers don't have absorption so as you said they'll just leak a pee trail when out of the pool if you aren't careful.

Exactly! A real catch 22 as it were. I need something that will hold pee before I get in the water, but something that will not hold pee once I am in.

That's why I said I had found a right ballance. With the pad and pant (minus the pad), it will hold just a little bit (thanks to the terry lining they have). It doesn't balloon up on me either. Although, also like I said, I do still need to break the leg seal to help it drain out. It's not a perfect solution, but at least it works well enough. Certainly better than a regular old swimsuit at least.

Slomo said:
Exactly! A real catch 22 as it were. I need something that will hold pee before I get in the water, but something that will not hold pee once I am in.

That's why I said I had found a right ballance. With the pad and pant (minus the pad), it will hold just a little bit (thanks to the terry lining they have). It doesn't balloon up on me either. Although, also like I said, I do still need to break the leg seal to help it drain out. It's not a perfect solution, but at least it works well enough. Certainly better than a regular old swimsuit at least.

Oh I must've missed the pad and pant part. Not sure what you're referring to with that though?

Would something like a booster pad that you could stick in the swim diaper when out of the water and take out before getting in work in your situation?

ClickyKeys said:
Oh I must've missed the pad and pant part. Not sure what you're referring to with that though?

Would something like a booster pad that you could stick in the swim diaper when out of the water and take out before getting in work in your situation?

They're something like this. The one I have was discontinued a while back, but it has a cool ocean theme print.
https://m.dhgate.com/product/wholesale-happy-flute-adult-cloth-diaper/268657527.html#pd-018

Remove the pocket booster pad, and they will still have the terry lining that makes up the pocket. That alone is barely able to absorb/hold just a little bit of pee. Just enough to get me into the water.

I don't normally ever use the pad like when going from a locker or hotel room, but did once as I was driving to the beach. And yeah, I did take it out just before going in too. (I changed into a disposable diaper afterwards)

ClickyKeys said:

- - - Updated - - -

This is all very true. I've often gotten out of the pool and usually have to get in the shower and drain the water out before I take it off.

I often wear a Northshore Care Swimmates under it, both as a liner if I'm going to be swimming for a long time and might need to be changed, and as just a bit of absorbency for on the way to the pool.

I wonder what the other swimmers think when they see someone in the pool with them wearing a swim diaper? I must admit it would bother me a little bit. Granted, the pool is loaded with chlorine, but it would still hang in my mind. I know what I'd be in for if I went over to the "baby pool" off to the side, but that's not something I expect to deal with in the adult pool. I take it for granted there will be pee in the pool, and if the diaper's doing it's job there won't be any logs floating in the water, fair enough. But I don't know that I want to be exposing my eyes to toilet water that's been mixing with poop.

I'm expecting the summer months to be a little uncomfortable. I wear an undershirt/ onesie over my diaper to prevent peek outs. I'm leery of wearing shorts because I'm afraid they might give a glimpse up the legs if I'm sitting down, coupled with the fact that I don't like my legs being seen due to years' worth of self harm scars. Summer just sucks but I'm willing to suffer some mild discomfort from a sweaty bum and extra layers in order to be myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back