Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: try to be part of the community

Default try to be part of the community

I am tired every time type in poor grammer you all get on my case I try to tell most I have learning disability and forum autism.

Here little background information about may help under why type and wirte
    this way when was 2 or 3 I had bad seizures put me in to coma for 24 hours.
    that seizures and other after one cause brain damage what I was told by dr this only way under stand he say my brain like swiss cheese from all seizure's during my life. I am epilepsy and have learning disability I have mental mind of child and only reading and writing level k-2 grade.

I try be part this community make friends along way but guy and girls need under hard time try type write on this forum sorry got read 3 or 4 time. I'm use spell check doesn't tell me make sentence right or not.
    Last edited by Poohbearboy; 08-Apr-2009 at 19:13.

I have several severe learning disabilities. Do not see me complainning when people tell me I spell something wrong. Have you got rep about spelling and stuff like that. No! So do not complain. People are going to get on your case about this. This is how WE communicate. Deal with it. However hard it may be. Quite a few of us do.

Saying stuff like "sorry about my typing got forum Austim so hard for me type and write." Will annoy people. Many here have Autism, Dyslexia, Dysgrapia, ADD/ADHD, Asperger ect. Most do not use it to Hinder there learning ability. Saying sorry for my spelling I have (what ever here.) Hinders it because that is basically telling people that you do not want to find out the correct way to spell something

I have tried every time I type to type in proper grammar. yet you all get on my case. I try to inform you that I have learning disabilities and autism.

Here is a little background information about me that may help you understand why I type and write this way. When I was 2 or 3 I had bad seizures,these put me in to a coma for 24 hours.The seizures and the ones after that one caused brain damage. I was told by my doctor that I have a brain like swiss cheese. This is from my seizures. I am epileptic and I have the mental mind of child. My reading and writeing level is that on a K-2nd grader.I try be part this community and make friends,But you guys have to understand that I have a hard time typing on this forum. Sorry that you have to read this three to four time.

Sorry you've had such a bad experience, there are quite a few grammar nazis out there.

I try not to get on people's cases for their spelling and grammar just for this purpose. As long as I can understand what you're trying to say, I don't care. We're supposed to support people, and I don't know how we're supposed to support if we give everyone flak for their grammar.

look I tired this community get case about typing and gramme and tell me use disability Hinders it or excuse . Not ever one has same type or level and forum Austim or learning disability like said sorry try my best but people here not making any essayer.

I have had people call me lier and other thing think all need learn this community
    not going get bigger if treat member like dirt.

Thank chillhouse your only found and cow think name that beenn really nice and understanding

like this person sent this comment to me I don't who was there no name

getting sick of these posts, unlikely that someone aged 22 would have a "Mommy and daddy"

yeah have mommy and daddy if have live real parents becuase can't work or live normal adult life becuase have all the problem i got.

I can understand what you're saying perfectly babylife you're doing your best and you are using a spell checker, I don't think anybody can ask any more of that, at least u nt tlkin lik dis. Don't let anybody get you down.

Mesmerale

Valerye, calm down.

1) He's gotten past the complaining stage. This seems to be an honest attempt to clear things up. At any rate, it's our fault he feels the need to make this thread.

2) Based on the minimal / lack of spelling errors in the post, I'd bet that he's telling the complete truth as he knows it.

3) Based on your reaction, I would automatically expect you to tell a person with a bad stutter to get over it and talk normally. Would you do that?

4) As far as I can gather, he isn't saying that he has trouble with grammar and sentence structure due to his form of autism. He's saying that his repeated seizures and time in a coma left him somewhat brain damaged, which seems to be the cause. I have no problem believing that.

5) You know that not all disabilities are the same. If someone were to say that they had trouble seeing, you wouldn't say "Well there are people who are deaf and they see fine!", would you?

6) While it's possible that he could be using his disability to avoid correcting the errors that he makes, it is just as likely that he is including the information in the likelihood that he has failed to catch a mistake after checking the post several times, so that the explanation would still be there just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    I have several severe learning disabilities. Do not see me complainning when people tell me I spell something wrong. Have you got rep about spelling and stuff like that. No! So do not complain. People are going to get on your case about this. This is how WE communicate. Deal with it. However hard it may be. Quite a few of us do.

Saying stuff like "sorry about my typing got forum Austim so hard for me type and write." Will annoy people. Many here have Autism, Dyslexia, Dysgrapia, ADD/ADHD, Asperger ect. Most do not use it to Hinder there learning ability. Saying sorry for my spelling I have (what ever here.) Hinders it because that is basically telling people that you do not want to find out the correct way to spell something

Quote Originally Posted by babylife247 View Post
    look I tired this community get case about typing and gramme and tell me use disability Hinders it or excuse . Not ever one has same type or level and forum Austim or learning disability like said sorry try my best but people here not making any essayer.
    It's a text-based medium. You might be brilliant and cool in person, but if you can't convey that wonderfulness in your text, we can't see it. The words are all we have. I'm not trying to be mean, but your stuff is just plain hard to read/understand. If you can't make yourself more clear, expect to get complaints. I think people here are understanding enough that most of the ones who have tried to read what you posted and the explanation would not continue to hassle you about it, but there is always someone new who has no idea why you're so hard to understand.

I have had people call me lier and other thing think all need learn this community not going get bigger if treat member like dirt.
    I often think we're bigger than we need to be already (and no that is not a dig directed at you personally, just a general statement about where we are at present).

Thank your two I at least found few good members on here that understand my problem yeah .Start thread so that way could clear up everything and start fresh not worry about people get case send comment like one above.

That why gave background history so can under why type or write way also why talk about mommy and daddy there my real parents live with
    my parent like child what got mental mind.

Does anyone know programe tell if type complete sentante and spelling wrong?

It's a "form" of autism. Saying you have a form of autism because you spell poorly makes it sound like you are blaming your spelling problems on your autism. Now you finally say you have a learning disability so that's plausible because autism has nothing to do with poor spelling and grammar and learning disability does. Are you dyslexic?

The google tool bar has spell check but it doesn't check grammar. I am very picky about my spelling and I type fast so I do a lot of misspelled words and I do not like to proof read my long posts. I just like to type them and get it done with, than having to read my post again before I hit the submit button. It takes too long and wastes my time.

1) He's gotten past the complaining stage. This seems to be an honest attempt to clear things up. At any rate, it's our fault he feels the need to make this thread.
    Complain
    com·plained, com·plain·ing, com·plains
    1. To express feelings of pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment.

I'm very literal. He was dissatisfied with how some people handled it.

2) Based on the minimal / lack of spelling errors in the post, I'd bet that he's telling the complete truth as he knows it.
    I never said he was lying.

3) Based on your reaction, I would automatically expect you to tell a person with a bad stutter to get over it and talk normally. Would you do that?
    If that person had the capability to learn to speak better by hearing how something is said and chose to say "Don't Tell me that this is said this why" Then yes I would. I've learned a great deal about spelling with people telling me what I spelled wrong. Saying I have dyslexia So I spell wrong will give the people the impression that you do not want to learn to spell the right way. r

4) As far as I can gather, he isn't saying that he has trouble with grammar and sentence structure due to his form of autism. He's saying that his repeated seizures and time in a coma left him somewhat brain damaged, which seems to be the cause. I have no problem believing that.
    Again I never said I do not believe Him I had a friend that had problems like this.(Seriously! Where do people get this?)

5) You know that not all disabilities are the same. If someone were to say that they had trouble seeing, you wouldn't say "Well there are people who are deaf and they see fine!", would you?
    That is making a comparison that has nothing to do with this. I get that some disibilities are more severe then others. But you should not use your disibility as a thing to hid behind because you do not want some one to tell you something EX. Dyslexias and Spelling. You should atleast make an attempt and allow people to help. Ex. typing on a forum and people pointing out mistakes.

6) While it's possible that he could be using his disability to avoid correcting the errors that he makes, it is just as likely that he is including the information in the likelihood that he has failed to catch a mistake after checking the post several times, so that the explanation would still be there just in case.
    Thats what he made it sound like. HE made it sound like he wanted to hide behind the disabilities to avoid people telling him anything.

Also I was calm I addressed some of the things that needed to be address. I did not yell, I did not make a "Funny bunny" of him, I did not gain a attitude. I informed him.

We communicate by typing on this forum. Giving the impression that you do not want to improve your typing skill is going to annoy people. So will making a big deal about this. It just does.