Cardigans for a Little Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosemary

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
  2. Little
I used to think of myself as kind of sissy, but I think I'm really more of a Little Girl. I love pretty cardigans. I was wondering if anybody might have resources for Little Girl style cardigans but in an adult size. By little girl cardigans I'm meaning cardigans that more say pretty, feminine and cute rather than something sexy. Hearts and flowers. Pastel or bright. I sometimes see knitting patterns for babies and would love something like that too. Something like this:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/38---princess-charlotte-cardigan or this: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-cardigan-and-shorts

Last edited:
Rosemary said:
I used to think of myself as kind of sissy, but I think I'm really more of a Little Girl. I love pretty cardigans. I was wondering if anybody might have resources for Little Girl style cardigans but in an adult size.

I'm not sure what you mean by little girl cardigans, but most woman's clothing stores have cardigans in the juniors and ladies departments. I would try places like Kohl's, Younkers, Gordman's, and other places like that. They usually run anywhere from $15-50 depending on the brand and style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By little girl cardigans I'm meaning cardigans that more say pretty, feminine and cute rather than something sexy. Hearts and flowers. Pastel or bright. I sometimes see knitting patterns for babies and would love something like that too.

Rosemary said:
By little girl cardigans I'm meaning cardigans that more say pretty, feminine and cute rather than something sexy. Hearts and flowers. Pastel or bright. I sometimes see knitting patterns for babies and would love something like that too.

I haven't seen many that have hearts and flowers, but if you look around enough, there probably are. I'd suggest looking for stores which are targeted at more middle/older-aged women, as their clothing will be less on the sexy side. I haven't specifically looked for cardigans, but I've got cute nightgowns by looking for brands targeted at older women.

If you're pairing it with a dress, I find a plain cream or white button-up cardigan works well. A bit more boring, granted, but I find the overall outfit still looks pretty cute. :)

Last edited:
Thankyou, that logic does make some sense, let me know if you have any recommendations for stores which are targeted at more middle/older-aged women.

Rosemary said:
Thankyou, that logic does make some sense, let me know if you have any recommendations for stores which are targeted at more middle/older-aged women.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Off the top of my head, CJ Banks / Christopher & Banks is one store. You might look around the women's section at Kohl's or JCPenney's, too.

If you're small enough, you might fit into girls' plus sizes - what are your chest and waist measurements?

I'm trying to get cardigans too, I've got a yellow one that my nana gave me and a wierd mesh type one from childhood which I don't think will keep me warm

I agree Kohl's is a great place to buy cheap but good quality cardigans. Kohl's has both printed cardigans (make sure you check the juniors department) and solids. Since cardigans are meant to be loose, someone who normally shops in the misses department should be able to wear a juniors size. Most brands have a size chart, so just follow that if you can't try on things in the store.
www.kohls.com

CJ Banks/Christopher Banks is a bit pricier but they are high quality pieces.

If you're willing to take some time to search for the right piece, you could try thrift stores, like Goodwill. You could try Platos Closet if there is one near you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HogansHeroes said:
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Off the top of my head, CJ Banks / Christopher & Banks is one store. You might look around the women's section at Kohl's or JCPenney's, too.

If you're small enough, you might fit into girls' plus sizes - what are your chest and waist measurements?

I'm probably about a 38 chest and a 30 waist.

- - - Updated - - -

Angelic said:
I'm trying to get cardigans too, I've got a yellow one that my nana gave me and a wierd mesh type one from childhood which I don't think will keep me warm

I'd love to see a picture of your yellow one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back