Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very paranoid - Good Exscuse?

Default Very paranoid - Good Exscuse?

Hi
    I've been lurking here for a while, but have never felt the need to post anything. Anyway, here I am

So I lost a Paci about a week ago, and kinda forgot about it. I was doing some work on my laptop when my Mum walked in and saw it in the drawer where I keep my jeans. I panicked and told her I had picked it up on the street to put it in the bin, but had forgotten about it and left it in my pocket.
    She joked that she thought I had gotten into a "weird habit" and I laughed it off.
    Was my exscuse any good?
    Does she know?
    Should I tell her?

In my experience, it is best to only tell what you absolutely need to tell. There is no reason to disclose every part of you to your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgianSandwich View Post
    Was my exscuse any good?
    I think it was good enough.

Does she know?
    Probably not.

Should I tell her?
    No. As long as she accepts your excuse, there is no need to explain further.

Sounds like a fine excuse to me. The more attention you bring to it the shiftier it becomes though.
    I'd say just hide it in a better spot and never bring it up again.

I've lost my favourite dummy somewhere in the house but so far my kids and wife haven't said anything so hopefully they haven't found it. If they do I will have to think of something to say.

Probably onto something due to that "weird habit" note. She obviously suspected somehow you might use it. Although your explanation was kinda lame (you'd make a lousy criminal) I don't think she is currently suspecting you. But if you are sloppy one more time she is gonna be able to tell, trust me. So be careful.

The less panicked you are about it the better, you're an adult... if she presses, be honest, it's better then her thinking something like that you are using it for drugs. If she doesn't press, let it alone.

Probably good enough.
    She probably suspects, but doesn't know.
    And telling her depends on how close you are to her. Are you close, both physically and emotionally. And can you explain being a dl well enoug, and expect her to understand it, well enough for a neutral or positive reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by rennecfox View Post
    The less panicked you are about it the better, you're an adult... if she presses, be honest, it's better then her thinking something like that you are using it for drugs. If she doesn't press, let it alone.
    Using it for drugs? XD How would that work?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgianSandwich View Post
    Hi
    I've been lurking here for a while, but have never felt the need to post anything. Anyway, here I am

So I lost a Paci about a week ago, and kinda forgot about it. I was doing some work on my laptop when my Mum walked in and saw it in the drawer where I keep my jeans. I panicked and told her I had picked it up on the street to put it in the bin, but had forgotten about it and left it in my pocket.
    She joked that she thought I had gotten into a "weird habit" and I laughed it off.
    Was my exscuse any good?
    Does she know?
    Should I tell her?
    I am very fortunate to have an understanding mom. Since I have been incontinent since I was 16 years old and have to wear diapers almost all the time; I asked her if there are times when I am stressed out and trying to sleep if she would mind if I used a pacifier because it helps me sleep better. She said that she didn't mind me using it which gives me ease of mind that she won't be mad if she was to discover it since I came to her first about it. Your excuse is a pretty good one; one of the better ones I've seen. If your mom doesn't know about your "situation" with the pacifier you might have a talk with her as I did mine. The quicker you iron things out; the better off you are.