Bosses can fire you if where diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigbluehusky said:
There are states in the USA that don't require a reason for them to terminate your employment. They theoretically could do that but it would be a poor excuse.

The technical term for that is "living in an 'At Will' state". IE they can fire you without reason. It is however in their best interest to NOT give a reason. If they don't give a reason, you are just plain gone and have essentially no legal recourse. If they're less intelligent and actually cite a reason, that may give you some legal traction depending on the reason they cite. Statements like "You just don't work as fast as some of the younger employees..." can provide the employee with a basis for legal action. (age discrimination in that example) Just because the state is "at-will" doesn't mean you can contest a job loss, if your boss is stupid and doesn't keep his mouth shut. The smartest reason they can cite is the classic "Your services are no longer required." That's about impossible to contest.

I don't know how a reason like "I don't want an employee that wears diapers" would turn out legally. I think you'd have a hard time turning that into a defendable protected status unless you were provably medically incontinent and could paint that as a disability - that would probably be your only available angle.

I don't think it would be their business, but that's just me. It seems silly that a boss would fire someone for it if they don't need them.

So bottom. Line no boss can fire for wearing a diaper. Period

No. I don't believe so. My boss found out I wore diapers and he didn't fire me. He actually called me in his office and told me that if I needed to do anything just tell him and he'll do whatever he can. I can only work 3 hours per day though so I usually don't have accidents. He found out after my diaper leaked and he sent me home early.

This kind of question always saddens me a little. Actually, the bottom line is: When you're at work, try to focus on work. Diapers for incontinence are one thing. Diapers for pleasure, like any other self-indulgent thing you might do at work, are a potential source of distraction for you and your coworkers. If you care about your on-the-job performance and the potential consequences of performing poorly, you'll generally want to avoid things that distract you from what you're being paid to do.

oh now I see what people are saying I don't want to use diaper when I work it would be so distractful and hard to move etc. I am talking about just going into the restroom and put on a diaper and take out my dinner and walk into the breakroom and sit down with people and one of them is the boss and he/she sees me walk in a diaper and out or I am looking at my smartphone in the restroom standing or walking out of the store to leave from work

makena43 said:
oh now I see what people are saying I don't want to use diaper when I work it would be so distractful and hard to move etc. I am talking about just going into the restroom and put on a diaper and take out my dinner and walk into the breakroom and sit down with people and one of them is the boss and he/she sees me walk in a diaper and out or I am looking at my smartphone in the restroom standing or walking out of the store to leave from work

And I'm just saying it's a backwards perspective. The question ought not to be about whether you'll get in trouble for doing something at work. You already know that drawing attention to what's in your pants while at work is a bad idea. Or if you didn't, now you do: It's a bad idea. Instead, maybe ask about strategies for concealing your diaper and avoiding distraction. If you're making a reasonable effort to ensure that you're productive while at work and are keeping private things private, the consequences of not doing those things are sort of irrelevant, right? You are in control of your destiny here. Don't pretend you're at the mercy of your boss.

Technically Yes, although if it is IC related unlikely but corporations discriminate against the disabled all the time.

Though illegal, a lot of corporations do it, but mostly at the hiring level, IE there going to turn down specific people for the job etc.

They could technically fire you for being gay, trans etc. They just slap some other bullshit reason as an excuse, not doing work properly etc.

Even than as I'm aware, I don't think IC would really be known to the employer anyway, I know certain conditions aren't, unless there obvious IE deafness, so they would assume it's a disability.

Though, I know it's a bit of a grey area to call it a disability, but I'm sure it'll be covered under disability protection laws at least?

I am going with cottontail keeping it private and no way can I work in a diaper. and keep practicing wearing diapers around people so I am confident and happy that is on my dinner hour and going home and if one of the boss are in there just act normal makena

I know for my case wearing makes me more productive because of being IC, I am at my test stand doing work rather then running to the can every 15 min. They did fire some for that reason, they made up something and it was ugly and the police where even called, she tried to harm her self with an exato blade.
what made me so mad at that medical company was the stupid reason, if they had said "my services where no longer needed" I would have been shocked but not have the feeling that I want my boss's head on a platter type thing, and since they used no socks as a reason, saying I violated policy and tried to deny/delay me of unemployment, I fought that and they sided with me stating there was no evidence of misconduct.

I wear diapers to work and nobody said anything to me about losing my job. Everything is going to be ok they are not going to fire you you just because you are wearing a diaper. Its really non of their business if you decide to wear or not. I say if this is something that you want to do go for it the sky is the limit. If you are nervous wear clothes that are the next size up to help hide the diaper and wear something that will hold it in place that way the diaper is not peeking out and helps to hide the bulk of the diaper as well.

makena43 said:
So bottom. Line no boss can fire for wearing a diaper. Period

That's not correct.

Like people are saying, if you live in an ''at-will'' state, your boss can fire you for any reason that doesn't amount to discrimination against a protected class. If you live in such a state, TECHNICALLY YES, you can be fired for wearing a diaper if you can't proof you need them for medical reasons.

Okay I will. Continue. Wearing. And. Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I have to add my workplace fires people. If you steal. Mess with the money or fight. Otherwise they gave. Alot of warning. Like 3. Then fire. But mostly just yellimg

They can't really fire you for wearing one but they can for hygienic purposes like if you were not following the dress code at work or their health policy. Like if you always reeked of urine or were always leaking, they can fire you for it and their reason would be poor hygiene, not for wearing a diaper. If you were exposing them at work, they can fire you for it but it wouldn't be for wearing a diaper. More for disruptive or inappropriate behavior or because you were not dressed properly to cover your "underwear."

Again I'd advise if you do plan to continue so, focus on your work first off and on doing the best job you can, then your bosses wont be looking for a reason to fire you.

Oh I. Want to wear when I am off the clock. I can't. Work in diapers no way

makena43 said:
Oh I. Want to wear when I am off the clock. I can't. Work in diapers no way

Wait, I'm confused, if you are not wearing at work, how would they even know you are wearing them in your off time? (save for doing something that makes a public spectacle out of yourself). I'm mean you're not working some government job with clearances are you?

Also I have to ask, I really don't wish to be rude but rather better understand. Your use of periods at times makes it very difficult to follow where some of your thoughts start and end... is there a particular reason for placing them mid sentence seemingly at random? I end up hearing William Shattner's voice as I read them back sometimes.

I mean I want to wear on my hour lunch. So the boss have their dinner in same breakroom. Oh I work for Safeway

makena43 said:
I mean I want to wear on my hour lunch. So the boss have their dinner in same breakroom

Quite frankly that is even a worse idea then wearing the whole shift. If you were wearing the whole time it may look medical related, if you put it on for a break, that just looks... weird and could encourage them to look for a reason to get rid of you. If you are technically on the clock for the day you should not be engaging in this. This activity will raise red flags. My advice go all in or not at all if you are going to do this at work and do not wear anything that looks like a kids diaper.

Last edited:
makena43 said:
I was wondering. If a boss can figure out you are wearing. Diaper. And its for fun. Can he or she fire you. Like. For a example. Hey makena I see you. Are. Wearing. A diaper. Why. Makena. If don't. Need. Then. I will fire you

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. A mental need is no less important than a physical need. They are both needs, and your need for wearing a diaper goes way deeper than just for fun.

And no, the ADA prevents anyone from being discriminated against under these conditions. So no, your boss cannot fire you for wearing a diaper. Also though, why and how would your boss find out you are not wearing for a physical need anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back