Medical Supply Store or Big Name Pharmacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiB

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
So since I still live at home for now, I'm unable to buy diapers online. Currently I smuggle them home from Walgreens. Do you think ones from Walgreens or the local medical supply store would be better?

Look up medical supply stores in your area. If you don't live in a remote area then there should be a few around, and there is a good chance that one might carry a brand like Tranquility, Molicare, or possibly even Abena.

I know there is at least one with at least three locations in my area, hence why I asked. I've always thought about going in and looking around, but I'm still ultra shy/embarrassed/nervous about buying diapers so I wanted to know if it'd be worth it.

Do they have a website where they say what products they carry? If not, just give them a call and ask what brands of incontinence products they sell. They deal with calls like this all the time and it's nothing weird to them. If you don't want them associating you with the phone call you can wait a few days after calling to go in.

Much better diapers online these days and much worse at big box stores. Your best bet is to call a medical supply store first to find out what they carry and then go in, grab what you need and you'll be fine. They can also probably order something better they don't have in stock.

I don't have this problem anymore, but I used to get jumpy buying diapers in stores especially if the clerk started staring at me or if they didn't have exactly what I wanted so it took me longer to decide. If you decide to order online you can always purchase a pre-paid credit card and deliver to a UPS mailbox and pick up your package there.

It can be really weird to buy diapers from a real, live face to face person, but it can also be a rush, because you're revealing a little of yourself. Like others have said, I would try a medical supply store.

Either get a po box or get over the shyness, people in med stores are used to these things, they won't make a big deal about it unless you do. I'd advise an independent medical supply store, see what they have, and ask if they can order you something if you don't see anything good.

You could also order online and ask that the diapers be shipped to a local pick up station not your home. Or a P.O. box as well. You really won't find much in most medical supply store. Other then the thrill of buying in person.

Where I live, clerks don't even bat an eye.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm definitely going to look into getting a PO box or something to have them shipped too. While I'm looking into that, I'll get some from the medical supply store

Also,besides the po box, look into ups store in your area, they will received packages for you as wel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back