• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eriksrud

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi, I'm a DL from Canada.

I've never really shared this with anyone, so sorry for the long post.

I've been interested in diapers for as long as I can remember. One of my earliest diaper memories was finding a stuffed animal of mine in a closet that was wearing a baby diaper. This would have been about 5 or 6 years after I was potty trained . . . but I remember being kind of jealous of the stuffed animal.

I thought I was a total freak until we got AOL in the 90s. I was probably in my mid teens, scrolling through the communities one night and found the ABDL chat room. It was amazing.

There I found some older ABDLs who were really nice and mailed me my first adult diapers. They were the old, white six tape Attends. I still remember the smell when I opened up the package.

When I got my drivers' licence I started to stop on my way home from friend's, late at night, to buy packages of Attends and Depends from the 24 hour drug store. I would wait in the coffee shop across the street until I was pretty sure there would be no other customers, then rush over, make a split second decision about what diapers to buy, pay for them and run.

I told my first girlfriend in grade 12. She was cool with it and even tried one on, but then started opening up more and more about her life, and pushing my boundaries when it came to drugs. I remember being out for a walk with her one night, we were taking about her desire to do mushrooms and have me babysit her. I told her I wasn't comfortable with that, and she shouted "well, it's not like I'm comfortable with your diapers!" I was terrified that one of my neighbours heard.

The next girlfriend I told was in university. She was a psychology student and, in one of those amazing coincidences, was studying infantilism at the time. She was super understanding and was cool with me wearing around her and keeping diapers at her apartment (I still lived with my parents, but slept at her place most nights). She was never interested in taking part, but I was so content to just wear a diaper around her.

For some reason I never worked up the courage to tell the next girlfriend about my DL side. I think I always assumed the relationship with the psychology student ended partially because I was a DL . . . although, on reflection, it never seemed to affect anything.

We had been living together for several months, and I was working an outdoor job that required hours of attention at a time. Because of a tiny bladder I was having to go in search of a bathroom all the time. I decided to start wearing a diaper to work but didn't want to hide it, so one night I told my girlfriend about the problem, and my solution. She said she thought it was a great idea. I literally asked her to marry me that night.

That was about 11 years ago now. I've always had diapers in the house since then, and, despite not working that job anymore, often find reasons to wear a diaper that she's OK with. Most recently I started wearing Depend True-Fits while running because I got sick of peeing in the bush or coming home nearly bursting. I like them a lot, and have started wearing one while driving to and from the cabin and in any other scenario where I might not be able to find a bathroom every 40 minutes or so.

I also have some premium adult diapers, like Abena L4s in the house, but don't wear those around her, because I'm not sure what she would think. I save those for weekends alone. I'm reasonably confident that she knows what's in the black duffel bag in the storage room.

I'm kind of in a weird spot now. I can wear diapers pretty much whenever I like (although without making a big deal about it) but have never shared with my partner how important the whole diaper thing is to me. I worry now that it's been too long, and coming out to her about this will raise questions about what I've been hiding for the past decade and why.

So that's my story up until now.

Again, sorry for the long post. It's a lot to get out. Thanks for reading if you got here.

TLDR: Been a DL since grade school. Married to a wonderful woman who knows I wear adult pullups occasionally due to a small bladder, but doesn't know I also like to wear traditional adult diapers recreationally.

Hello Eriksrud and welcome to the group.

Very interesting introduction.

What are your hobbies and interests?

Again welcome to the group.

Egor

Welcome to the forum. There are undoubtedly other members of the website that have been in a similar scenario that you are in, and won't hesitate to offer their opinion and advice. Hopefully you find value from being a member of the site.

egor said:
Hello Eriksrud and welcome to the group.

Very interesting introduction.

What are your hobbies and interests?

Again welcome to the group.

Egor

Thanks!

I have a bit of a car obsession, and spend a lot of time playing with my old Mazda. I also ski, sail, bike and raise my kids.

- - - Updated - - -

DLC93 said:
Welcome to the forum. There are undoubtedly other members of the website that have been in a similar scenario that you are in, and won't hesitate to offer their opinion and advice. Hopefully you find value from being a member of the site.

Thank you!

I'm looking forward to talking to some other DLs. I haven't done that since the AOL days. I have a friend who is gay and a furry, and I've thought about come out to him a few times considering he would probably be familiar with baby furs and would not be freaks out. I've also found a local Fetlife group, but I really worry about being to open because my job is in the public eye a bit.

Hi and welcome to the site. Some of our genuinely incontinent members also enjoy wearing diapers. Some have embraced regression and fantasizing as a toddler, etc. as a means for coping with having to wear diapers. You could tell your wife that you sometimes enjoying feeling like a toddler as a way to cope with having to wear diapers. It wouldn't be a terrible stretch with the truth.

I came out to my wife many years after we were married and she accepted it quite well, so you never know until you have the conversation.

dogboy said:
Hi and welcome to the site. Some of our genuinely incontinent members also enjoy wearing diapers. Some have embraced regression and fantasizing as a toddler, etc. as a means for coping with having to wear diapers. You could tell your wife that you sometimes enjoying feeling like a toddler as a way to cope with having to wear diapers. It wouldn't be a terrible stretch with the truth.

I came out to my wife many years after we were married and she accepted it quite well, so you never know until you have the conversation.
Thanks for the advice. I've never really been into regression, although I can be pretty submissive.

I kinda think, if I do tell her, I would just say something a long the lines that I learned, while wearing for practical reasons, that I really like it.

Part of me wonders if she suspects something, because I'm not exactly shy about my diapers anymore. I don't wear Abenas or Tena Maxis around her openly, but I do wear my Depends Real Fit a lot, and don't strip them off the minute I'm done my run.

Also, a few times I've worn a real diaper to a long movie or something she's patted my butt, which isnt a super normal thing for her.

She's a pretty brilliant person and I'm probably selling her intelligence real short by assuming I've managed to get away with this for all these years.

Hi, welcome, I'm a diapered adult, and new to this site as well. As I did not realize I was a DL until my 40s I can only imagine the trauma of being a teen in diapers. I think you are blessed to have a partner who is more understanding than you think about your diaper needs. Any ways I stumbled upon your story and enjoyed it and wanted to let you know. Kelly

Reactions: PaddedRita
Thanks.

It sounds like you and I have some similarities. I'm not IC by any stretch of the imagination, but when I'm normally hydrated I pee every 30 minutes or so, and I can go from slight tingle to emergency in about 10 seconds. I'm always worrying about the next time I have to pee, except when I'm diapered.

I really like it for that reason. If my wife were ok with it I think I might wear 24-7. Maybe not a full diaper, but at least a pull-up.

Eriksrud said:
Thanks.

It sounds like you and I have some similarities. I'm not IC by any stretch of the imagination, but when I'm normally hydrated I pee every 30 minutes or so, and I can go from slight tingle to emergency in about 10 seconds. I'm always worrying about the next time I have to pee, except when I'm diapered.

I really like it for that reason. If my wife were ok with it I think I might wear 24-7. Maybe not a full diaper, but at least a pull-up.

Hi Eriksud, from the sound of your symptoms it may well be you have a form of urge or frequency incontinence and you should consider seeing a urologist to get it checked out. Peeing every 30 mins is not normal for a hydrated adult, even new born babies don't pee that much.

I've often wondered about this, but it's manageable and I pick places I'm going (like grocery stores) based on bathroom availability.

I used to hate going to see long movies because I would either miss parts or be super uncomfortable, but I'm almost always diapered now when I go to the theatre.

If it gets worse I'll probably tell my doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back