What's your occupation? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saoirse96 said:
I don’t live my life to prove people wrong. If you don’t believe me, that’s fine. I wouldn’t make something like that up.

It's not really that I don't believe you... It's more that I can't believe they don't conduct more thorough background checks on whom they hire. Because believe me, if the parents of those kids you teach knew... I think they'd be pretty upset, and rightfully so.

Last edited:
KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
It's not really that I don't believe you... It's more that I can't believe they don't conduct more thorough background checks on who they hire. Because believe me, if the parents of those kids you teach knew... I think they'd be pretty upset, and rightfully so.

So I should be upset because someone, who could be a teacher to my future child, who was falsely accused for murder, went to jail for a few days, and later evidence showed he had no partaking in such? Because that’s exactly what happened to me, and that’s how it turned out in my favor thankfully.

Murder encompasses a general field.

Accusations and investigations of that kind of possession goes against any kind of conduct I'd want children around. That's too at risk imo.

Saoirse96 said:
So I should be upset because someone, who could be a teacher to my future child, who was falsely accused for murder, went to jail for a few days, and later evidence showed he had no partaking in such? Because that’s exactly what happened to me, and that’s how it turned out in my favor thankfully.

People are protective of their kids, and especially in today's society, anything that reeks of possible misconduct towards children is generally enough to put a big red x on that person. It's not 100% fair, but it's a ''better safe than sorry'' situation in most cases.

Pedophiles and child molestors are pretty much the biggest pariahs we have, so it's only natural that parents would be leery of someone with ANY possible connection, even in a situation such as yours...

- - - Updated - - -

Cereal said:
Accusations and investigations of that kind of possession goes against any kind of conduct I'd want children around. That's too at risk imo.

Bingo.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
People are protective of their kids, and especially in today's society, anything that reeks of possible misconduct towards children is generally enough to put a big red x on that person. It's not 100% fair, but it's a ''better safe than sorry'' situation in most cases.

Pedophiles and child molestors are pretty much the biggest pariahs we have, so it's only natural that parents would be leery of someone with ANY possible connection, even in a situation such as yours...

- - - Updated - - -

Bingo.

Considering I’m in my own situation that we’re talking about, I understand where you’re coming from, but you also have to understand the situation that arose and what happened. I don’t believe it’s rightfully fair to exclude me from certain jobs due to a situation that my ex-boyfriend (who turned out to have some sort of paranoia issue with ABDL I found out much later) accused me of, especially when the police completely cleared me of everything after having got enough evidence to prove complete innocence of me.

Cereal said:
Murder encompasses a general field.

The investigation was closed due to the overwhelming evidence that showed I had nothing to do with any of it (they did mention the ABDL thing catching them off-guard though).

I'm an Agricultural Engineer by title, a farmer by trade. I am working towards beekeeping, but that isn't going to happen until next year. My side job is photography but I am building more of a reputation so I am hoping to be doing photography primarily and the beekeeping/meadery as the secondary, here in the near future.

Saoirse96 said:
Considering I’m in my own situation that we’re talking about, I understand where you’re coming from, but you also have to understand the situation that arose and what happened. I don’t believe it’s rightfully fair to exclude me from certain jobs due to a situation that my ex-boyfriend (who turned out to have some sort of paranoia issue with ABDL I found out much later) accused me of, especially when the police completely cleared me of everything after having got enough evidence to prove complete innocence of me.

The investigation was closed due to the overwhelming evidence that showed I had nothing to do with any of it (they did mention the ABDL thing catching them off-guard though).

Nevertheless, if I was in that situation I would willingly exclude myself from jobs involving children, simply out of respect for their parents and knowing what a shitstorm it would be should they were to learn.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
Nevertheless, if I was in that situation I would willingly exclude myself from jobs involving children, simply out of respect for their parents and knowing what a shitstorm it would be should they were to learn.

If a person has spent a significant amount of time, as well as money into an education for a particular field, if they are investigated and found completely innocent, Willingly sacrificing ones own life goals, as well as life accomplishments because of someone else's mistake, in this case the mistake would have been accusing someone innocent of sexual misconduct with children, is a bit much to ask.

I cant say its a healthy mind state to consistently sacrifice one's own happiness to appease a hypothetical situation that may arise, especially if the hypothetical situation can be completely debunked..

Why shoot yourself in the foot to that degree when the facts are on your side in the end?

I think a lot of people in life tend to make sacrifices that honestly dont NEED to be made, and this causes a build up of resentment on the sacrificer, especially when those that the sacrifice is being made for, have never requested it to be made to begin with.

Its a little bit like when you think your friends SO is cheating on them, but your not sure.

Do you Talk to your friend about your suspicions?

well...their SO may be innocent, and by bringing up your hunch without direct proof, your planting an idea and damaging a trust that may never be repaired.
sometimes the suspicion is as bad as the actual act.

In this case, if we are to take Saoirse at their word, they have been investigated, and found 100% innocent, they have not been alerted to the state officials as a possible further threat, ergo they should be treated as Innocent. If they are brave enough to deal with the difficult conversations that will arise should some of these things come to light, then at least they will be able to issue the reassurances to students, parents, school officials that, there is no basis of fact in the accusations that had never officially been leveled at them..

If concerned parents, the school officials, even the students expressed direct concern to Saoirse, then it is up to Saoirse to either

A) explain and ameliorate the situation to them, assure proof of innocence

B) if the previous accusations, despite proof of innocence, interferes with the educational process to an out of hand degree, to THEN remove themselves from this particular setting/state/district..

keep in mind that if any official evidence had been found, employers would be informed.

Last edited:
Recording engineer.

I am a preschool teacher as well as a student going back for a masters in ECE.

I work in a quarry as a water truck driver, rock truck driver, backhoe operator ,and my least favorite job plat operator

I drive a truck. I am the reason your local store stays stocked and if you are in the US chances are I have carried some of your diapers to their final sorting center. I've hauled everything from toilet paper to plutonium, predator drones to Amazon freight, class 1 explosives to daily mail, and all items in between. I am damn good at what I do, and I don't screw around.

I also have no life as I spend 10 and 1/2 months alone locked in a truck with no social life or family. I've had to watch my son grow up the last two years through a screen so ungrateful people can have their mocha-frapa-late and complain about what a burden me and my truck is to the country and community.

My ultimate end goal is to finish building my overlanding rig and disappear into the Alaskan wilderness to never deal with society for the rest of my life.

w0lfpack91 said:
My ultimate end goal is to finish building my overlanding rig and disappear into the Alaskan wilderness to never deal with society for the rest of my life.

Well seeing you can't forage for diapers in the wilderness... Hope you take a lifetime supply. Don't think FedEx delivers to the middle of nowhere.

I'm an electrician, most of the time. I travel usually about half the year doing that, and spend the other half working on passion projects.

The latter is the case right now. Currently, I'm working on a game with an indie studio I helped co-create. However, I'm not going to talk about it here, mainly to keep anonymity.

Saoirse96 said:

MommyandMattling said:
If a person has spent a significant amount of time, as well as money into an education for a particular field, if they are investigated and found completely innocent, Willingly sacrificing ones own life goals, as well as life accomplishments because of someone else's mistake, in this case the mistake would have been accusing someone innocent of sexual misconduct with children, is a bit much to ask.

I cant say its a healthy mind state to consistently sacrifice one's own happiness to appease a hypothetical situation that may arise, especially if the hypothetical situation can be completely debunked..

Why shoot yourself in the foot to that degree when the facts are on your side in the end?

I think a lot of people in life tend to make sacrifices that honestly dont NEED to be made, and this causes a build up of resentment on the sacrificer, especially when those that the sacrifice is being made for, have never requested it to be made to begin with.

Its a little bit like when you think your friends SO is cheating on them, but your not sure.

Do you Talk to your friend about your suspicions?

well...their SO may be innocent, and by bringing up your hunch without direct proof, your planting an idea and damaging a trust that may never be repaired.
sometimes the suspicion is as bad as the actual act.

In this case, if we are to take Saoirse at their word, they have been investigated, and found 100% innocent, they have not been alerted to the state officials as a possible further threat, ergo they should be treated as Innocent. If they are brave enough to deal with the difficult conversations that will arise should some of these things come to light, then at least they will be able to issue the reassurances to students, parents, school officials that, there is no basis of fact in the accusations that had never officially been leveled at them..

If concerned parents, the school officials, even the students expressed direct concern to Saoirse, then it is up to Saoirse to either

A) explain and ameliorate the situation to them, assure proof of innocence

B) if the previous accusations, despite proof of innocence, interferes with the educational process to an out of hand degree, to THEN remove themselves from this particular setting/state/district..

keep in mind that if any official evidence had been found, employers would be informed.
Saorise96 (and MommyandMattling), I can understand and agree with you completely. Does someone deserve to have their life destroyed by a false accusation of impropriety of this sort? Absolutely not. I was accused of molesting my oldest daughter (even my wife knew it was impossible) yet I had to go in for those uncomfortable discussions with the police. I had CPS show up at my youngest daughter's school unannounced to interview her. I took the time to even go talk to an attorney in case things went south.

I was never arrested, and the police dropped it all when absolutely zero evidence could be found to indicate anything of the sort had ever happened. Still, I went through several sleepless nights, and had significant worry over what might happen if I actually was arrested and put on trial. Public opinion will convict someone even if they are found utterly innocent.

If you go just on an accusation, now you have someone who can have their life ruined by the most meager of words. Someone who thinks that the neighbors aren't raising kids properly or is upset with someone else raises a flag...now you get shunned by the community, lose your job, and face a huge backlash.

No. Innocent means just that--innocent. Why should someone be punished when they have done nothing wrong?

I play with Cats all day.

I'm a professional musician. I work as a church musician, playing the organ and piano at services, funerals, baptisms and some recitals. I also conducts the parish church choir and really love to accompany soloists! I've been doing this for about five years while studying for my examination.

I recently changed from small acreage farming to operating grain silos.

Which right now is a seasonal gig with a very good chance for full time. Our harvest season starts on the 5th of this month so really long days and tons of overtime for 1 to 2 months. Love it thus far.

I am also working on moving into the world of proffessional photography.

Recently finished my core class's and just have to do generals but I currently work as a CNC operator, and eventually (I hope) a CNC Programmer, as thats what I went to college for. Went to school with the plan to work with metal and ended up working on plastic, really turned me off at first since plastic machining was rarely if ever mentioned in class but its actually quite fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back